Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: anti JC threads by yanks
100 2 12.50%
1000 3 18.75%
10000 2 12.50%
more than deram and gav have had wanks over kessler and mundine respectively combined. 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: how many dumbass american threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
he went into his shell a bit after being KD by Adamek. Yes, he could afford to because he was so far ahead, but it made him look more vulnerable than he was when he was on the attack.

I just think that if Calzaghe were to get the better of him at some stage, and imo he would, he wouldn't have it in him to rise to the occasion.
I hope this fight comes through at some stage. I'll hand you out a wicked avatar, to make up for the last one you got out of :(
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I hope this fight comes through at some stage. I'll hand you out a wicked avatar, to make up for the last one you got out of :(
If it does, you'll be wearing that fat bitch for another month.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I'm just amazed theres been no 'Pacman v Calzaghe' threads yet.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #19
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
If it does, you'll be wearing that fat bitch for another month.
hahaha, yeah that was pretty bad. It made me feel f*cking sick after about a week.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #20
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

These yanks are something else

Watching that fight yesterday, and thinking about it afterwards, it occurred to me just how good a boxing brain Calzaghe has - I've started thinking that he put himself out there for Kessler to hit in the first 4 rounds so he could get a look at what Kessler had, and then work on adapting to it in order to nullify it.

Like I said before, Kessler's jab was working for him, as was his overhand right - he was landing plenty of them early in the fight. Then his jab slowly stopped working, and his right uppercut came into play. He buzzed Calzaghe a couple of times with it, then all of a sudden, it no longer worked.

Calzaghe just kept taking it to Kessler, launching himself at him with his head exposed, but later in the fight, Calzaghe was virtually unhittable for Kessler.

From round 5 onwards, Calzaghe slowed down the pace and started boxing Kessler from the outside - Kessler was so rattled by this point - he didn't know what Calzaghe was going to do next - that he fell into the trap of being predictable, and Calzaghe made the most of it.

It was a thing of beauty

rd 1 - traditionally a feeling out round, JC was just the more active and won it
rd 2 - Kessler became more active and wins this rd
rd 3 - Calzaghe starts landing hooks and throwing combos, Kessler is on the back foot - JC's round
rd 4 - JC starts to mix it up with Kessler, starts off the round strongly, but Kessler catches him coming off the ropes and it became a slugfest for a while - Kessler's round
rd 5 - JC slows the pace down and starts picking Kessler off with his jab from the outside, JC's round
rd 6 - Calzaghe finds his range and settles into some middle-distance boxing, but Kessler manages to get a few uppercuts on JC, and wins the round
rd 7 - more of rd 5
rd 8 - more of rd 7 - JC's starting to wrongfoot Kessler, and is making Kessler miss a hell of a lot
rd 9 - more of rd 8
rd 10 - it all becomes a bit blurry at this point, but I remember it was JC's round
rd 11 - same as rd 10
rd 12 - JC starts off strong, but Kessler keeps up with him and throws everything he's got at him. I believe this round could have been scored a draw, but gave it to Kessler.

Man, what a fight! I know I've got some of my rounds mixed up/merged, but I can't remember every second of it - it went so damn fast! I'll have to get a copy of it somewhere.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #21
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
hahaha, yeah that was pretty bad. It made me feel f*cking sick after about a week.
It made me hard for about a week.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 AM   #22
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
These yanks are something else

Watching that fight yesterday, and thinking about it afterwards, it occurred to me just how good a boxing brain Calzaghe has - I've started thinking that he put himself out there for Kessler to hit in the first 4 rounds so he could get a look at what Kessler had, and then work on adapting to it in order to nullify it.

Like I said before, Kessler's jab was working for him, as was his overhand right - he was landing plenty of them early in the fight. Then his jab slowly stopped working, and his right uppercut came into play. He buzzed Calzaghe a couple of times with it, then all of a sudden, it no longer worked.

Calzaghe just kept taking it to Kessler, launching himself at him with his head exposed, but later in the fight, Calzaghe was virtually unhittable for Kessler.

From round 5 onwards, Calzaghe slowed down the pace and started boxing Kessler from the outside - Kessler was so rattled by this point - he didn't know what Calzaghe was going to do next - that he fell into the trap of being predictable, and Calzaghe made the most of it.

It was a thing of beauty

rd 1 - traditionally a feeling out round, JC was just the more active and won it
rd 2 - Kessler became more active and wins this rd
rd 3 - Calzaghe starts landing hooks and throwing combos, Kessler is on the back foot - JC's round
rd 4 - JC starts to mix it up with Kessler, starts off the round strongly, but Kessler catches him coming off the ropes and it became a slugfest for a while - Kessler's round
rd 5 - JC slows the pace down and starts picking Kessler off with his jab from the outside, JC's round
rd 6 - Calzaghe finds his range and settles into some middle-distance boxing, but Kessler manages to get a few uppercuts on JC, and wins the round
rd 7 - more of rd 5
rd 8 - more of rd 7 - JC's starting to wrongfoot Kessler, and is making Kessler miss a hell of a lot
rd 9 - more of rd 8
rd 10 - it all becomes a bit blurry at this point, but I remember it was JC's round
rd 11 - same as rd 10
rd 12 - JC starts off strong, but Kessler keeps up with him and throws everything he's got at him. I believe this round could have been scored a draw, but gave it to Kessler.

Man, what a fight! I know I've got some of my rounds mixed up/merged, but I can't remember every second of it - it went so damn fast! I'll have to get a copy of it somewhere.
Thats how I saw the fight however Kess won round 7 and hurt Joe for about 30 seconds also round 1 and 10 were very close and hard to pick...i had to score the fight on my phone.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 04:54 AM   #23
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Chad Dawson will beat Calzaghe, and do it reasonably convincingly. Just remember where you heard it first. Many are over rating him right now, as the greatest SMW ever. Prime Roy >>>>>>Prime Calzaghe. Not even close. Dawson is the most talented fighter in boxing right now. All he needs is a chance to prove it.
Agree that prime roy would woop prime calzaghe but not sure yet if calzaghe would lose to dawson..Have to be honest and admit i dont know much about dawson other than the adamek bout..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #24
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not all of we American posters are so terrible.

I love Calzaghe, but I think Dawson is all wrong for him. Chad doesn't fight at all like Lacy or Kessler, and he possesses physical attributes that match up very well against Joe.

Dawson is a big (6-3), rangy (3.5 reach advantage over Joe) southpaw who has the speed to punch with Calzaghe and significantly more power. His defense is very good (he got caught by Adamek while clowning like an idiot), and his counterpunching is excellent.

The fact that he's a converted southpaw also is an advantage. He relies heavily -- albeit less than he did in the past -- on his right hand, which he throws in beautiful combination to the body and head, including a wicked uppercut.

As great as Calzaghe is, he is vulnerable when he rushes in and squares up. Lacy was too slow and shellshocked to take advantage, while Kessler was able to occasionally but mostly lacks the diverse set of punches to consistently hurt Joe.

All that said, this is a fight that could go either way. I'd favor Dawson 65/35 on the basis of his natural tools, but clearly the mental factors all go strongly in Calzaghe's direction. If the fight is in Wales, I say it's 50/50.

Put another way, you will never hear Bernard Hopkins mention the name "Chad Dawson." And Antonio Tarver has done everything in his power to avoid him, despite Showtime's best efforts. Glen Johnson has called him out, but for whatever reason Dawson's people aren't interested in that fight.

It's a travesty that Dawson is a Gary Shaw -- and thus Showtime -- fighter, because if Dawson had fought a few times on HBO, a Calzaghe fight realistically could happen.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #25
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
Not all of we American posters are so terrible.

I love Calzaghe, but I think Dawson is all wrong for him. Chad doesn't fight at all like Lacy or Kessler, and he possesses physical attributes that match up very well against Joe.

Dawson is a big (6-3), rangy (3.5 reach advantage over Joe) southpaw who has the speed to punch with Calzaghe and significantly more power. His defense is very good (he got caught by Adamek while clowning like an idiot), and his counterpunching is excellent.

The fact that he's a converted southpaw also is an advantage. He relies heavily -- albeit less than he did in the past -- on his right hand, which he throws in beautiful combination to the body and head, including a wicked uppercut.

As great as Calzaghe is, he is vulnerable when he rushes in and squares up. Lacy was too slow and shellshocked to take advantage, while Kessler was able to occasionally but mostly lacks the diverse set of punches to consistently hurt Joe.

All that said, this is a fight that could go either way. I'd favor Dawson 65/35 on the basis of his natural tools, but clearly the mental factors all go strongly in Calzaghe's direction. If the fight is in Wales, I say it's 50/50.

Put another way, you will never hear Bernard Hopkins mention the name "Chad Dawson." And Antonio Tarver has done everything in his power to avoid him, despite Showtime's best efforts. Glen Johnson has called him out, but for whatever reason Dawson's people aren't interested in that fight.

It's a travesty that Dawson is a Gary Shaw -- and thus Showtime -- fighter, because if Dawson had fought a few times on HBO, a Calzaghe fight realistically could happen.
Great post mate. Totally agree. BTW, I think that the US guys get a bum wrap. You, Brooklyn, Pea, KG0208 and Sues2nd are some of the best posters on the site. Its all the idiots though that let you down, with their cheap insultes and blind nut hugging.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #26
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Chad Dawson will beat Calzaghe, and do it reasonably convincingly. Just remember where you heard it first. Many are over rating him right now, as the greatest SMW ever. Prime Roy >>>>>>Prime Calzaghe. Not even close. Dawson is the most talented fighter in boxing right now. All he needs is a chance to prove it.
Joe is probably the greatest SMW ever with his achievements etc etc.

...but prime for prime Roy takes it easy. Maybe Toney, Collins and a few others can also beat Joe at that weight.
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 PM   #27
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Joe is probably the greatest SMW ever with his achievements etc etc.

...but prime for prime Roy takes it easy. Maybe Toney, Collins and a few others can also beat Joe at that weight.
I agree that on resume he is the greatest. Almost on h2h also, but Jones is better. I think Joe would beat Toney.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #28
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree that on resume he is the greatest. Almost on h2h also, but Jones is better. I think Joe would beat Toney.
Hmmm I just dont know, I have a fair few Toney fights at lower wights and the dude was just awesome. Speed, skill, defence, chin the whole lot and was very smart to boot.

It would be a cr@cker of a fight
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #29
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Hmmm I just dont know, I have a fair few Toney fights at lower wights and the dude was just awesome. Speed, skill, defence, chin the whole lot and was very smart to boot.

It would be a cr@cker of a fight
Didn't Green supposingly school him in a sparring session once?
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #30
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Didn't Green supposingly school him in a sparring session once?
You lost a avatar bet didnt you!

If not take down that overrated hype fighter.
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum