Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: anti JC threads by yanks
100 2 12.50%
1000 3 18.75%
10000 2 12.50%
more than deram and gav have had wanks over kessler and mundine respectively combined. 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #31
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: how many dumbass american threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
You lost a avatar bet didnt you!

If not take down that overrated hype fighter.
Nope, I never ended up making an avatar bet with anyone. I was going to bet MSTR, luckily I didn't.

Anyway, who are you to be playing forum police officer. Thats Barge's job.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #32
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Didn't Green supposingly school him in a sparring session once?
Yeah it was about 2years ago when toney was mid way through that kfc diet which is huge in america.

Toney when he was 168 would belt danny from pillar to post.

And give Calzghe fits..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #33
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Yeah it was about 2years ago when toney was mid way through that kfc diet which is huge in america.

Toney when he was 168 would belt danny from pillar to post.

And give Calzghe fits..
He didn't school him mate. Green got belted with some massive punches. I don't think Toney was really trying for half of it either. A heavy weight Toney would leave Green KTFO in about 2 rounds, if he was really looking to fight.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #34
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

i hate the main forum. i think i have only posted there once.

GO THE AUSSIES
huricn is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #35
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
He didn't school him mate. Green got belted with some massive punches. I don't think Toney was really trying for half of it either. A heavy weight Toney would leave Green KTFO in about 2 rounds, if he was really looking to fight.

Sorry dude didnt mean to agree with the bloke i was replying to as i know toney didint get schooled..He was pretty much just laying on the ropes counterpunching and mouthing off .It was a very sloppy but brutal sparring session from what i watched.

Mstr why do you think Toney become so lazy and chucked on over 80pounds of lard??

It was like one day he woke up and said **** being a middleweight-lightheavyweight great and **** training cause i rather eat junk..

I freak out when i watch his old fights and see how lean he was..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #36
Ringrat
Amateur
ESB Jr Member

and I wouldn't be so quick to agree that a "prime" Roy Jones beats prime Joe Calzaghe.
Ringrat is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

I think actually would pick RJJ right this very minute over JC

Nah would have to think about that for a while...actually nah...hmmm

Prime for prime my opinion is Roy too dam quick and skillfull
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Sorry dude didnt mean to agree with the bloke i was replying to as i know toney didint get schooled..He was pretty much just laying on the ropes counterpunching and mouthing off .It was a very sloppy but brutal sparring session from what i watched.

Mstr why do you think Toney become so lazy and chucked on over 80pounds of lard??

It was like one day he woke up and said **** being a middleweight-lightheavyweight great and **** training cause i rather eat junk..

I freak out when i watch his old fights and see how lean he was..
I think Toney just got lazy to be honest. His style in the ring doesn't exactly require a lot of movement either, so I doubt he was putting in during training. He is the sort of guy who with his style, could box for 30 rounds and still keep going. Very relaxed, relies heavily on his hand eye co-ordination, and upperbody movement. Prime Toney was a BRILLIANT in fighter, who just seemed to find openings with ease. Because he relied so heavily on his skills he lost motivation to keep in shape IMO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I think Toney just got lazy to be honest. His style in the ring doesn't exactly require a lot of movement either, so I doubt he was putting in during training. He is the sort of guy who with his style, could box for 30 rounds and still keep going. Very relaxed, relies heavily on his hand eye co-ordination, and upperbody movement. Prime Toney was a BRILLIANT in fighter, who just seemed to find openings with ease. Because he relied so heavily on his skills he lost motivation to keep in shape IMO.
Yeah a prime Toney was something to see.
If he stayed fit throughout his career, he way easily Hall of fame material.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #40
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Yeah a prime Toney was something to see.
If he stayed fit throughout his career, he way easily Hall of fame material.
He still will be a HOF, but had he stayed fit we might not have seen so many inconsistent performances.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #41
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

If I was to box I would love to copy Toneys style, great fighter with absolutely awesome chin. Can be a funny ****er too
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:28 AM   #42
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Chad Dawson will beat Calzaghe, and do it reasonably convincingly. Just remember where you heard it first. Many are over rating him right now, as the greatest SMW ever. Prime Roy >>>>>>Prime Calzaghe. Not even close. Dawson is the most talented fighter in boxing right now. All he needs is a chance to prove it.
Sorry mate, but Calzaghe IS the best Super Middle ever. Roy had a few fights there, but beating one great fighter in James Toney and then defending against Byrd, Paz, Eric Lucas, Bryant ****ing Brannon and someone else (Can't remember) doesn't make you #1.

As for natural ability, no question. Jones can't be matched. But his legacy is forever tarnished, in my opinion, after he got caught taking steriods.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #43
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Joe is probably the greatest SMW ever with his achievements etc etc.

...but prime for prime Roy takes it easy. Maybe Toney, Collins and a few others can also beat Joe at that weight.
I'm a Collins fan, but he's no where near diverse enough to do anything with Calzaghe.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #44
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express
Sorry mate, but Calzaghe IS the best Super Middle ever. Roy had a few fights there, but beating one great fighter in James Toney and then defending against Byrd, Paz, Eric Lucas, Bryant ****ing Brannon and someone else (Can't remember) doesn't make you #1.

As for natural ability, no question. Jones can't be matched. But his legacy is forever tarnished, in my opinion, after he got caught taking steriods.
I was talking about head 2 head mate not legacy. Clearly JC is better if compring resume at 168. Roy was the greater fighter no doubt.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #45
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
He has great skills and technique, but he'll need more than that against Calzaghe I feel.

The last few rounds in the Adamek fight when he got KD is something telling. One might say he was playing it defensively because he was so far ahead on points, but imo, his attack is his best defence.
Just discovered this thread, Mate you need to watch that fight again, Dawson was getting a bit lazy in the 10th when he got caught flush, got straight back up with no apprehension and threw more punches than adamek for the rest of that round despite adamek getting a sniff and coming straight at him. His corner at the end of the round told him to stick and move, stay out of trouble. For the 11th he ran out and landed a huge left, he spent the rest of the round and the fight moving backwards but still throwing combinations and landing the better shots with not a worry in the world while adamek was trying to knock him out, nowhere in that fight were there any signs of a weak chin or lack of mental toughness, infact the total opposite, that was the fight that proved or should of proved to people that Dawson is the complete package.
His legs never looked shaky despite being caught flush and he never had a look of concern at any time, comparing him to Judah is incredibly ridiculous, compare him to Pernell Whitaker, he got knocked down a few times and nobody can say he had a weak chin, Judah gets touched and his legs start to give way and he looks scared like he wants to run away, Dawson and Sweet Pea get up, look embarassed and get straight back into it with the unwavering self-belief they always have.
Call Dawson mentally weak and\or chinny and you don't know what you are talking about, really.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum