Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default great day!

Great day for aussie boxing today with all the fights on main event !
The only thing i thought was a bit shady was having Briggs on comantry we all want to put that fight behind us .What do you guys think of having briggs back ? Is this sending out the wrong message ?
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE COOL View Post
The only thing i thought was a bit shady was having Briggs on comantry we all want to put that fight behind us .What do you guys think of having briggs back ? Is this sending out the wrong message ?
I dont mind having Briggs back...i just think Main Event missed the boat not having a Russian translator for the main event.
I mean it would have been good having some insight on what was being said like the UK, German, Canadian or US telecasts.
Very amateurish by Main Event IMO.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like Paul's commentary.

He has lost some credibility from the Green fight IMO.
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
I like Paul's commentary.

He has lost some credibility from the Green fight IMO.
Briggs is an embarrassment to boxing....why can't he just go out and get a job like the rest of us....get right away from boxing.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE COOL View Post
Grange have just demonstrated that it is possible to put on a world class fight program.
Thier cards have been prime domestic fight nights and today this was taken to another level. I hope they keep the momentum....I would pay for a mainevent card like that without giving it a second thought.

Briggs comentating....don't know what to think. He is a great commentator who made a ridiculous decision in life.
It's hard to hold it against him but.......there will always be an elephant in the room when he is comentating.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
I dont mind having Briggs back...i just think Main Event missed the boat not having a Russian translator for the main event.
I mean it would have been good having some insight on what was being said like the UK, German, Canadian or US telecasts.
Very amateurish by Main Event IMO.
The Russian trainer kept trying to inspire Karmazin by telling him that Ivan Drago lived out his days in a Gulag after he failed to beat Rocky and Vladamir Putin would be very unimpressed if he lost.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
rongee90
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Great fights by Grange! Was laughing at Fenech giving his 10 cents worth and trying to hype up Jnr in the corner. Always has to get his name behind an up and comer even though he doesn't really train them : )
Like him or not, Briggs commentary works for me. Think he should stick it than actually fighting in the ring
rongee90 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Great card by Grange. Great performance by Geale.

Just as well Briggsy is a good commentator, as otherwise he would never have seen the light of day again. He chose to sell his good reputation for a couple of hundred thou, and from here on in, he'll always be remembered for the farce, and not the wars.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm glad to see him bounce back, he's a good commentator and I spose everyone ****s up every now and again.

Although, I did find it a bit rich when he was discussing 'why ufc is taking over boxing' and he added that it was because of a lack of deals (e.g. may v pac) and bad match ups
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 04:15 PM   #10
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Briggs went quite when Barry and Andy were talking up Greens fight in November, it was uncomfortable all round. Surely Briggs won't be a commentator that night in Perth??
kel is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
Watto
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What happened with Briggs was the biggest disgrace in Australian boxing history..as long as he's not in the ring I'm fine with it,he's quite a good commentator..
Watto is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Like someone else said, Briggs made a mistake, and a bloody big one at that. A bit of a blemish on OZ boxing. It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

As for his commentating, I think he's great and should stick with it.

definitely a great day for boxing, really didn't see Geale putting Kamarzin away in the last round in that fashion.
No one could doubt Geales world class ability now.

Go the Real Deal!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

would anyone have a copy of the fight?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Briggs went quite when Barry and Andy were talking up Greens fight in November, it was uncomfortable all round. Surely Briggs won't be a commentator that night in Perth??
doubt it.the promo for Green-Flores had RJJ,Siaca no Briggs.to those saying Briggs is a disgrace and shouldnt be commentating.
look at it this way if it didnt happen Green would be fighting Shane Cameron at CW and then calling out Mundine.........again.at least Danny is fighting genuine CW and may be attempting to get the WBC CW belt next year against a top 10 CW.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
doubt it.the promo for Green-Flores had RJJ,Siaca no Briggs.to those saying Briggs is a disgrace and shouldnt be commentating.
look at it this way if it didnt happen Green would be fighting Shane Cameron at CW and then calling out Mundine.........again.at least Danny is fighting genuine CW and may be attempting to get the WBC CW belt next year against a top 10 CW.

I'm sure you are on the money with Green v Cameron.

Cameron was afterall in the ring immediately following the Briggs farce, calling out Green.

It was kind of embarrasing for Cameron, because it was obvious that the script had just gone right out the window, and he got the silent treatment for a long time.

If the Briggs farce has in fact forced Green's hand, and the match-up with an undefeated, legit cruiser; good!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum