Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
Default Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

I'm pretty sure Sylvester has to face him next as the Oral defence was a voluntary so he then has to face his mandatory,which is Geale. Unless Grange put up some serious money then Geale is gonna have to go to Germany if he wants the IBF title. Sauerland are a major player worldwide and if they want this fight in Germany,then it will be. As for the fight itself, i was very impressed with Geale and Sylvester last night. Geale knows he will have to boss nearly every round if he wants to come away with the decision,he is well capable of doing that but the sad thing is that Geale will have to probably even go beyond whats necessary to win under normal circumstances if its in Germany,and thats not right but its reality. I think if anything he will be more fired up because of that.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Yeah Sylvester will have to face Geale next unless he is paid to step aside for one more voluntary defence. I can see Geale taking the title in Germany but his going to have to completly outclass him or KO.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

GO GEALE! Aussies next world champ!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

I know Sturm has pretty much fought exclusively in Germany apart from the De La Hoya fight,but when he fought Sylvester it was a totally Sauerland promoted event as they beat Universum in the purse bid. So on a Sauerland promoted show Sturm totally outboxed Sylvester and got the win. So that shows Geale it can be done if he has to fight him over there. If anything i think Sylvester will be getting a little worried after seeing what Geale did to Karmazin,considering he could only draw with him.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
raxman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: melbourne
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
. If anything i think Sylvester will be getting a little worried after seeing what Geale did to Karmazin,considering he could only draw with him.
No questioin Geale fougth a great fight. But Karmazin has got old. i tipped it would show in that fight and it did.

i'm sure slyvester would look at that fight and think thats not the same roman i fought
raxman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Christian81
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Harz/Germany
Posts: 41
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
So on a Sauerland promoted show Sturm totally outboxed Sylvester and got the win. So that shows Geale it can be done if he has to fight him over there.
It was an Universum Event (Sturm vs. Sylvester). A homefight for Sturm.
If Sylvester could repeat his performance he showed against Castillejo he has a good chance against Geale, otherwise he has a hard road to beat Geale.

Last edited by Christian81; 11-06-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Christian81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian81 View Post
It was an Universum Event (Sturm vs. Sylvester). A homefight for Sturm.
If Sylvester could repeat his performance he showed against Castillejo he has a good chance against Geale, otherwise he has a hard road to beat Geale.
Geale needs to ko him in Germany and he might get a draw....the dodgiest country on the planet for decisions
stewy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post
Geale needs to ko him in Germany and he might get a draw....the dodgiest country on the planet for decisions
Yeah Australia is such a clean skin when it comes to decisions
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #9
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Yeah Australia is such a clean skin when it comes to decisions
Works both ways i agree.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #10
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 674
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Yeah Australia is such a clean skin when it comes to decisions
Name one world title fight (WBC, WBA or IBF) where the overseas fighter got screwed.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #11
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Name one world title fight (WBC, WBA or IBF) where the overseas fighter got screwed.
Name world title fights the WBC, WBA or IBF have held in Australia last 5yrs? And No, Mundine 3rd division of the belts don't count.
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #12
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 674
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Name world title fights the WBC, WBA or IBF have held in Australia last 5yrs? And No, Mundine 3rd division of the belts don't count.
Good non-answer.

No fighter has been screwed in a major world title fight in this country in the last 25 years.

As for Mundine fights, I thought the decision in the Antwun Echols fight was wider than it should have been (although, from memory, one judge had it to him by a single point) and the US ref allowed him to hold more than he should have been allowed to but I don't think there's any doubt that Mundine did enough to get the decision (albeit narrowly on my score card). Mundine was well beaten by Kessler (who was given a comfortable margin on the judges' score cards) while Manny Siaca walked away with a well deserved decision and the belt.

No robberies there.

As for world title fights held in Australia over the last 25 years, try all of Jeff Fenech's, all of Lester Ellis' & Barry Michael's, both of Jeff Harding's, Guy Waters unsuccessful challenge to Dennis Andries, all of Tszyu's, Robbie Peden v Nate Campbell (pretty one-sided refereeing in my book, but the right guy won), all of Darchinyan's, any of Mundine's, Chris John has fought here, Azumah fought two world title fights here & deservedly won both.

I'm sure there's a few I've forgotten off the top of my head but the bottom line is no fighter from an overseas country has been screwed in a world title fight in this country in the last 25 years.

$hit, you can go back to Jack Johnson. The Yankee Doodle Dandies wouldn't even let him fight for the title let alone win it.

Our record for fairness at the pointy end of the sport is second to none.
Sandman_ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:43 AM   #13
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daniel Geale vs Sebastien Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_ View Post
Good non-answer.

No fighter has been screwed in a major world title fight in this country in the last 25 years.

As for Mundine fights, I thought the decision in the Antwun Echols fight was wider than it should have been (although, from memory, one judge had it to him by a single point) and the US ref allowed him to hold more than he should have been allowed to but I don't think there's any doubt that Mundine did enough to get the decision (albeit narrowly on my score card). Mundine was well beaten by Kessler (who was given a comfortable margin on the judges' score cards) while Manny Siaca walked away with a well deserved decision and the belt.

No robberies there.

As for world title fights held in Australia over the last 25 years, try all of Jeff Fenech's, all of Lester Ellis' & Barry Michael's, both of Jeff Harding's, Guy Waters unsuccessful challenge to Dennis Andries, all of Tszyu's, Robbie Peden v Nate Campbell (pretty one-sided refereeing in my book, but the right guy won), all of Darchinyan's, any of Mundine's, Chris John has fought here, Azumah fought two world title fights here & deservedly won both.

I'm sure there's a few I've forgotten off the top of my head but the bottom line is no fighter from an overseas country has been screwed in a world title fight in this country in the last 25 years.

$hit, you can go back to Jack Johnson. The Yankee Doodle Dandies wouldn't even let him fight for the title let alone win it.

Our record for fairness at the pointy end of the sport is second to none.

Didn't know 5yrs turned into 25yrs overnight

Anyway the original quote from stewy was a ridiculous one where he said you got a draw in Germany if you KO the opponent, of course it was said tongue n cheek but my response was "we are not clean skins" ......... now that can mean on a variety of fronts not just world title fights etc

You with your Aussie bravado pipe up like a ****'n lunatic carrying on like a big sheila defending Australia like we were going back into war Gallipoli style . Then turn it into a 25yr walk down memory lane.

I've see you post on the general forum and your pride for this country is admirable, but mate if you think Australia is not open for corruption ala Germany than you are misguided.
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013