Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 AM   #16
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: LeonMcS' Youtube classics: Cliff Sarmardin vs Lovemore N'dou

Alot of great boxers have been fcked over and we never get to see them because they are gripe at the sport and turn their backs on it never to return. Fenech had the money so one wonders if it was a bussiness move rather than out of greed but who knows with fenech, the answer points towards greed if we take into account he was busted trying to steal a watch of all things LOL, thanks for that bit of inside info Bobby Sinn
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #17
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Going away for a week so just leave any requests here and I'll check them out when I return.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
You want to know why he retired?? Ring Fenech and ask him.
Fighters need to be paid!!!!!

Samardin is definately a rare gem. Losing motivation after getting ****ed around by Fenech is no suprise, yet Jeffrey would no doubt go to his grave suggesting Cliff was being paid accordingly.

Well Jeffrey, how much was Cliff paid in his last 3 fights?? Precisely NOTHING!!
...that and the general yearning for home and family....he spent many years kickin' around Burketown livin' the good life upon retirement....blew up to 80 odd kgs...he's now up in Cairns...livin' the good life...(back somewhere near his fightin' weight).
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #19
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I've been in contact with Cliff Zelk and sent him everything I have of his career. Am hopefully closing in on some more stuff as well.
if youve been in touch with him, perhaps you could contribute something towards the "whatever happened to"/"where are they now" threads...

just a thought
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #20
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

jesus the devils boxing club of mt isa put on some big fight nights inthe 80s and 90s with our local hero cliffy samardin heading the card . keith ellis trained cliffy then and matched up cliffys opponents until they split . fought in front of full houses and ovals up here , biggest night was 3000 payers at 20 bucks a throw with cliffys fight the only pro bout on the card , all the profits [ bar went through 1000 cartons that night ] went to forward cliffys career by getting him top notch overseas contenders to fight and train full time on a good wage - damon troxell and cozzy , mick bakash , krausey , sandy , dennis clancy , troy clancy , dicky conlon , mark issacson , gavin tunney , dallas dalley , anthony loyden all great mt isa boxing greats
perko is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #21
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Cliffy still has plenty of proud reles in Mt Isa too.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #22
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
jesus the devils boxing club of mt isa put on some big fight nights inthe 80s and 90s with our local hero cliffy samardin heading the card . keith ellis trained cliffy then and matched up cliffys opponents until they split . fought in front of full houses and ovals up here , biggest night was 3000 payers at 20 bucks a throw with cliffys fight the only pro bout on the card , all the profits [ bar went through 1000 cartons that night ] went to forward cliffys career by getting him top notch overseas contenders to fight and train full time on a good wage - damon troxell and cozzy , mick bakash , krausey , sandy , dennis clancy , troy clancy , dicky conlon , mark issacson , gavin tunney , dallas dalley , anthony loyden all great mt isa boxing greats
Perko, see if you can find some footage of the Isa fight nights. Dean McIntosh was another local fighter aparently...
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #23
WOMBAT
Journeyman

i read an artical saying that cliff was born in the philippines came to mt isa age 4 any one put some light on that.
WOMBAT is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bob , I'll ask around for any cliffy stuff on video , think damon troxell or mick bakash might have his fights on vhs tapes , not promising anything but , these blokes guard these tapes like the queens jewels . Hope you dont mind me asking Bob , looking up your career with a bit of interest [ love me old post ww2 aussie big time boxing era ] on boxrec and see you fought for the Australian featherweight title at the Brisbane Stadium against Kevin James in 1956 in front of 5835 punters . Says you and James got 645 pounds each and this is what I'm interested in Bob , after training exs and management fees etc was it good money in todays terms and just say what could 645 pounds get you in 1956 - maybe a good car , a house ????? . Bob only know Phillip McIntosh here in the Isa , he fought on cliffys undercards as the Isas brightest amateur. . He was undefeated after about a dozen fights from memory , all the right skills and a dynamite right cross , think he found a girl and thats why he gave it away, might be wrong here.
perko is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #25
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Just letting you know Perko, that's not the real Bobby Sinn mate.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #26
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

thanks ippy i'm a bit slow on the uptake mate , thought bobby might still be alive poking around on a computer , thanks again boss.
perko is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 04:21 AM   #27
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
thanks ippy i'm a bit slow on the uptake mate , thought bobby might still be alive poking around on a computer , thanks again boss.
Perko, the real Bobby Sinn passed away last year mate. I never had the pleasure of meeting him. Being a great draw card at the time, his earnings were never too shabby.

Phil McIntosh?? Has a stunning sister? Her name starts with 'J'???
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #28
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
...and Bronco Johnson would've been the pick of the lot of them...after Cliffy that is....and don't forget the 'fightin' hippy' haha

I'm of the opinion that Cliff would nothing to fear from the likes of Lenny Zappa or Cool Willie.,,,I know i'm biased but.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #29
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I spoke to Cliffy recently.
He's gainfully employed & working to establish an outlet/gym for loose-end kids. Since it's got to go through the normal channels (G'ment) it will drag.
Sad part about these blokes is that Government fumbling & lack of interest set some bad examples early, so blokes like Cliff & Bomber, who are the real deal, & have enormous respect, have wait for the fumblers to get on board.

Great fighter. Enormous potential.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #30
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...and Bronco Johnson would've been the pick of the lot of them...after Cliffy that is....and don't forget the 'fightin' hippy' haha

I'm of the opinion that Cliff would nothing to fear from the likes of Lenny Zappa or Cool Willie.,,,I know i'm biased but.

Hey Darko. I watched a doco recently which featured Bronco's son Glenn.
He's as mad as his old man.
Rodin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum