Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Sorry Kessler Was Robbed

absolutely no doubt in my mind that kessler was robbed...

by Jo Calzages gloves over and over and over again
planetzion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 AM   #2
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Sorry Kessler Was Robbed

Kessler was not robbed! - And I am Danish.

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
rumour24tiger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Calzaghe deserved to win. Kessler fought well. But against a southpaw with more speed and experience, in front of a hostile crowd, his class boxing wasn't enough.

I'll give Kessler this. He was a gracious loser. He will improve greatly from this fight. He just has to make a few changes and he'll be in great fights at super midldeweight. Oh, and at 28, he's better (& achieved more) than Calzaghe was at 28 beyond doubt.

He lost to a man who proved to be a modern great, and gave Joe some of the hardest rounds of his career.
rumour24tiger is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 AM   #4
jammerdk
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricard
To be honest that wasn't Calzaghe's hardest rounds in a fight, he took much more punishment from Eubank, and Bika with dirty tactics. Those uppercuts from Kessler looked good but Calzaghe wasn't really hurt at any point of the fight. Kessler was in deep trouble for a period of RD8 after the body shot, lucky the ref jumped in.
After the fight Kessler had a bad swollen closed left eye, you couldn't even tell from Calzaghe's face on the Danish tv interview that he had been in a hard fight. I remeber the post Bika fight, Calzaghe's face was cut and swollen all over the place, you could tell he had gone 12 rounds.
And why did the ref jump in??? (As of what I know it's not allowed to hit one in the neck)...man did you even see the fight

Joe did win and yes Kessler were hurt by the bodyshot in the 8th. but let me ask you this ......if you got someone hurt does that allow you to use illegal punches???

and the Swollen eyes hey you can those from other than being hit by the hands. (that's why Joe was cut in the Bika fight ...it was dirty)

As in the Kessler fight Joe went in clinches with his Head first so cut the crap about the swollen/cut of Kessler and Joe wasn't.

Joe was maybe not hurt but he sure weere stunted by the uppercuts.....it's not normal for what I've seen that he stops attacking and that what he just did.

Hail the King ...and may the Prince Rise!!!!
jammerdk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum