boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mundine (couldabeen was dying to talk about him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Whilst on opinions Biajoli, what was YOUR opinion on the Mundine v Geale II scenario?

Why did they go through the motions of their respective 'warm-up' match-ups at the Silverdome in Tassie, and then not go through with their rematch?

Also, why did Geale choose a reasonable warm-up opponent (even though he won in a shut-out), and Mundine choose an absolute dud?
Yeah was a shame would have loved to see geale mundine 2, infact i would much rather see that in a year or 2 then mundine green2, 2 answer your question though would seem both management and anthony took the easier path for potential titles and money without as much risk.
Although i would love to see the fight, again I don't hate him for it.
that's what i was getting at earlier when i stated i didnt understand why boxing fans blow up about mundine, it is standard in boxing unfortunately and will always be the same while there is a-z titles and soft fights offer. It is a shame but anthony didnt start the system. I understand jo blogs off the street hating anthony as they have no idea, but people that follow boxing know that is how it works these days unfortunately.

On a side note for the bogan racist telling me to go back to lebanon. You've shown your class mate. Not that it matters either but i am actually aussie and biajoli is a nickname from childhood. Way to embarrass yourself.
biajoli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #32
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post
Yeah was a shame would have loved to see geale mundine 2, infact i would much rather see that in a year or 2 then mundine green2, 2 answer your question though would seem both management and anthony took the easier path for potential titles and money without as much risk.

Although i would love to see the fight, again I don't hate him for it.
that's what i was getting at earlier when i stated i didnt understand why boxing fans blow up about mundine, it is standard in boxing unfortunately and will always be the same while there is a-z titles and soft fights offer. It is a shame but anthony didnt start the system. I understand jo blogs off the street hating anthony as they have no idea, but people that follow boxing know that is how it works these days unfortunately.

On a side note for the bogan racist telling me to go back to lebanon. You've shown your class mate. Not that it matters either but i am actually aussie and biajoli is a nickname from childhood. Way to embarrass yourself.

You are entitled to your own opinion like the rest of us, and naturally you can choose to accept Choc warts and all.

But it is absolutely beyond comprehension that you 'don't understand why boxing fans blow up over Mundine.'

If still unsure - and I don't believe for a minute that's actually possible - read the earlier posts in this thread. In particular your own - because you actually lay out most of the reasons yourself - even though you seem to then attempt to bury them in some kind of denial.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #33
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

I cant see how you think that? My case in point if you hate mundine for calling out names, taking easy paths, then your not a modern boxing fan and most likely despise the entire sport, cause thats all the sport is now.
It is very rare indeed in the abcd era of mickey mouse titles to get the very best matching up, and happens maybe once or twice a career. Most careers are spent on easily trodden and planned paths with the minimal risk for reward.
My point is its not just mundine, its the sport, so if you hate on mundine then it puts a doubt in my mind that your a boxing fan. As you would need to hate on every boxer from the last 15 years or so.
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #34
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415

hate the game, not the playa?
abe01 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 AM   #35
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

exactly abe
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #36
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

So you want us to like mundane for epitomising all that's bad in boxing??
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #37
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe01 View Post
hate the game, not the playa?
****ing hell Ash .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 07:18 AM   #38
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Can not stand the direction Boxing has headed over the last 30 Years or so,but also can not stand Boxers who take advantage of the situation to Manipulate and better there already suspect careers,your right there are quite a few out there that are doing the same,but I will be Fu*ked if I will like any of them or support them.!!

Fortunately there are still some Great up and coming talent out there that will fight anyone anywhere that is in front of them to reach here final goal,unlike Mundine and quite a few who fight anyone under them or beside them to further there already suspect Resume's.

Fair dinkum who would pay to see Mundine Fight after his past performances,love him or hate him I for one will not support him and his circus,some will and I respect that but not for Me.!!!!

Mahunga
mahunga is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #39
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
****ing hell Ash .
What
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #40
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahunga View Post
Can not stand the direction Boxing has headed over the last 30 Years or so,but also can not stand Boxers who take advantage of the situation to Manipulate and better there already suspect careers,your right there are quite a few out there that are doing the same,but I will be Fu*ked if I will like any of them or support them.!!

Fortunately there are still some Great up and coming talent out there that will fight anyone anywhere that is in front of them to reach here final goal,unlike Mundine and quite a few who fight anyone under them or beside them to further there already suspect Resume's.

Fair dinkum who would pay to see Mundine Fight after his past performances,love him or hate him I for one will not support him and his circus,some will and I respect that but not for Me.!!!!

Mahunga
Spot on.

BOXING FRAUDS = Mundine, Green

I would rather support and follow someone like Glen Johnson who is a warrior and willing to fight absolutely anyone/anytime/anyhow. He puts those frauds to shame.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #41
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Biajoli,

In response to your Post #33 above:

I cant see how you think that?

Logically & objectively, you mean?

My case in point if you hate mundine for calling out names, taking easy paths, then your not a modern boxing fan and most likely despise the entire sport, cause thats all the sport is now.

I've certainly been fortunate to have seen boxing in better shape than it is in currently, and the vast majority of it might be just as bad as you paint it above. But hell, it 'aint 'all like that', even now days.

...and for you to say this:

'cause that's all the sport is now'

Geez, you are the one that sounds like you hate it!

I certainly hope you speak better and more enthusiastically about your wife and family!

It is very rare indeed in the abcd era of mickey mouse titles to get the very best matching up, and happens maybe once or twice a career. Most careers are spent on easily trodden and planned paths with the minimal risk for reward.

Yes, many careers are jsut like you've said these days - and there's no better example of this getting around than Choc.

But there's still some warriors out there, even today. They are just harder to come by than they were in previous eras.

My point is its not just mundine, its the sport, so if you hate on mundine then it puts a doubt in my mind that your a boxing fan.

I couldn't give a rats whether YOU think I'm a boxing fan or not mate - I've lived and breathed boxing eras you probably weren't even around for, and haven't even taken the time to read about!

As you would need to hate on every boxer from the last 15 years or so.

So, my expert friend who doubts I'm a boxing fan. You have no problem applying the following damming criteria to Anthony Mundine:

*Calling out names like Cotto & Mayweather and fighting stooges like Falliga
*Invariably taking the easiest path including continually division hopping to duck opponents.
*Casting himself as some kind of braggart, gangster rap, villain, and wondering why Australian crowds down respect him and his PPV is nosediving.
*Fighting on cruddy cards that include goons like 'Hulk' Hogan and similar wastes of ring space.

and YOU think similar critera applies to 'EVERY boxer from the last 15 years or so'. That's exactly what you stated above anyway - word for word!

So how does your damming list above apply to Vic Darchinyan & Mike Katsidis for example - and that's just 2 names from boxing in the past 15 years.

....and there are many more examples, they are just harder to find than in previous eras.

Boxing is a money driven business and the product is only as good as it needs to be to make money.

Sadly, it's people like you who are prepared to accept, and financially support boxing mediocrity,
that will help ensure it continues.

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 11-06-2010 at 09:55 AM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #42
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post
I cant see how you think that? My case in point if you hate mundine for calling out names, taking easy paths, then your not a modern boxing fan and most likely despise the entire sport, cause thats all the sport is now.
My point is its not just mundine, its the sport, so if you hate on mundine then it puts a doubt in my mind that your a boxing fan. As you would need to hate on every boxer from the last 15 years or so.

Buddy there's bad matchups and easy paths (eg what bute is doing) and then theres the likes of Falliga and Jerez, which dont even fit in the bad matchups category...

When its at that point, you can no longer blame the alphabet soup...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #43
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
What

You know what , it's obvious you are the OP and using an alias , it must be you as you are probably the only re**** left on Mundine's shaft . You or that Flash fella ..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #44
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
You know what , it's obvious you are the OP and using an alias , it must be you as you are probably the only re**** left on Mundine's shaft . You or that Flash fella ..
Last time you had a great idea his name was Karmazin

Seeing that dragons avatar makes it all worth it

I dont need another poster ID.....I'm a choc fan and everybody knows it
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #45
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Last time you had a great idea his name was Karmazin

Seeing that dragons avatar makes it all worth it

I dont need another poster ID.....I'm a choc fan and everybody knows it
Of course you need another poster ID as to agree with yourself when your spamming Mundine here ,whenever Green gets a mention on this board another Mundine thread and another newbie joins to agree .

Last edited by JOSEY WALES; 11-06-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum