Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #46
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: Mundine (couldabeen was dying to talk about him)

i for one will not be buying the mundine ppv vs garth wood, i dont want to see mundine how gifted he may be vs a fighter who has had only 9 fights, it will be a walk over ! and if mundine doesnt put him away he should hang em up , mundine has got to realise he is getting old , he needs to lure a big name or 2 to secure his legacy than call it a day ... ive met the bloke and spoken with him he's a nice guy who does alot for other people but his time is running out as much as i respect for what he has achieved. question is will he go for the money or step up and be a hero ... we all know the answer to that...
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #47
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Of course you need another poster ID as to agree with yourself when your spamming Mundine here ,whenever Green gets a mention on this board another Mundine thread and another newbie joins to agree .
Very funny mate...just keep posting so I can see that magnificent dragons flag

That new poster aussie opinion looks like a good fellow
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #48
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

couldabeen, again respect your oppinion, pretty sure i already gave my view on vic and kats. Love how they are operating. They have to chase the fights though as they are not bankable or have the pull of mundine. They are not able to take as easy a route as they are not able to attract the money that mundine does, and yes it is a shame. Just how it is.
For the record i really hope mundine does take atleast 1 major fight before he hangs them up, and win or lose i wont care, I'll still be a fan.... But i think he'd win..

On a side note Mundine vs woods.... Woods cuts within 2 mundine finishes tko stoppage from garth bleeding in 4
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #49
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post
couldabeen, again respect your oppinion, pretty sure i already gave my view on vic and kats. Love how they are operating. They have to chase the fights though as they are not bankable or have the pull of mundine. They are not able to take as easy a route as they are not able to attract the money that mundine does, and yes it is a shame. Just how it is.
For the record i really hope mundine does take atleast 1 major fight before he hangs them up, and win or lose i wont care, I'll still be a fan.... But i think he'd win..

On a side note Mundine vs woods.... Woods cuts within 2 mundine finishes tko stoppage from garth bleeding in 4
keep dreaming mate. he is 3yrs past his best and will never step up. he took the step up twice in his career which resulted in being ko's by the softest hitting champ to ever lace a glove (after only a handful of fights so can be forgiven) and against Kessler who schooled him. he fought Geale who is an up and comer but far from the very top and got beat in many peoples opinion. after he fights wood, a 9 fight veteran who would probably lose a fight to a drunk at the local pub he will continue fighting cab drivers. he has a heart the size of a pea and is not a shadow of the boxer his old man was
stewy is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #50
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wouldn't step up to Golovkin,even for a World Title shot I think %99 of boxing fans would have known what that result would have been,"Lights out and the end of a very manipulated career."

Mahunga
mahunga is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #51
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahunga View Post
Wouldn't step up to Golovkin,even for a World Title shot I think %99 of boxing fans would have known what that result would have been,"Lights out and the end of a very manipulated career."

Mahunga
Dont mention Golovkin and manipulated career...how is he any better than choc

The guy frought Milton Nunz for the world title and now he defensing against a guy 14 - 2

Golovkin has done nothing...name 1 good fighter Golovkin has beaten?

Hassan will KHTFO ....thats why hes running from him
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #52
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Dont mention Golovkin and manipulated career...how is he any better than choc....
All the more reason for the question why didn't Choc fight him - just another big opportunity wasted!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #53
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

What a ridiculous waste of time the Woods fight promises to be. But it'll sit well alongside some of the other abysmal mismatches on Mundine's career record.

One question you seem to have avoided is why Mundine chose to fight that pathetic opponent at the Silver Dome, in what was meant to be a warm-up fight for Geale II - what were they thinking there?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #54
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
What a ridiculous waste of time the Woods fight promises to be. But it'll sit well alongside some of the other abysmal mismatches on Mundine's career record.

One question you seem to have avoided is why Mundine chose to fight such a pathetic opponent at the Silver Dome, in what was meant to be a warm-up fight for Geale II - what were they thinking there?
The only way to try and sell another complete mismatch ? With no intention of rematching Geale.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #55
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
The only way to try and sell another complete mismatch ? With no intention of rematching Geale.
LOL fair point actually, i always wondered which is why i didnt answer couldabeen, didnt have one, used to think they where going to fight then got more lucrative softer options.
But that makes perfect sense lol never was going to be a geale mundine 2, just sold the card
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #56
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Dont mention Golovkin and manipulated career...how is he any better than choc

The guy frought Milton Nunz for the world title and now he defensing against a guy 14 - 2

Golovkin has done nothing...name 1 good fighter Golovkin has beaten?

Hassan will KHTFO ....thats why hes running from him
that may well be.his record 18 fights 15 KO's when Mundine did not even bid for the titleshot.Golovkin even offered to fight Choc in Oz.again he said no.what does that say about Choc???
apparently he KO'd Bute as an amateur.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #57
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
LOL fair point actually, i always wondered which is why i didnt answer couldabeen, didnt have one, used to think they where going to fight then got more lucrative softer options.
But that makes perfect sense lol never was going to be a geale mundine 2, just sold the card

The fact that you agree there was never going to be a Geale II is just further proof that Mundine has just played the Oz fighting public, again and again!

You missed the earlier question again though - Why did team Mundine choose to fight such a bum at the Sliverdome.

There are different levels of beatable opponents out there - but why someone that bad - what were they thinking??
Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #58
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Mate we all know a lot of Middleweights fear Golovkin,thats why his career is almost at a standstill and would be lucky to get 1 fight a Year,dont forget Golovkin was waiting and ready to sign on the dotted line against Mundine and also to come over and fight him in his own backyard,you know and I know Mundine ran from Golovkin and as far as I know he is still hiding under the bed.

It was a cowardly performance from a bloke who you claim and He Claims also to be the Best thing since sliced bread,and like you said he had a chance for a World title shot against a bloke with a so called suspect career,disgracefull performance and I know a lot of Big Fans of Mundine who have jumped off him exactly for that reason.!!!!

Mahunga

Last edited by mahunga; 11-06-2010 at 10:46 PM.
mahunga is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #59
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahunga View Post
Mate we all know a lot of Middleweights fear Golovkin,thats why his career is almost at a standstill and would be lucky to get 1 fight a Year,dont forget Golovkin was waiting and ready to sign on the dotted line against Mundine and also to come over and fight him in his own backyard,you know and I know Mundine ran from Golovkin and as far as I know he is still hiding under the bed.

It was a cowardly performance from a bloke who you claim and He Claims also to be the Best thing since sliced bread,and like you said he had a chance for a World title shot against a bloke with a so called suspect career,disracefull performance and I know a lot of Big Fans of Mundine who have jumped off him exactly for that reason.!!!!

Mahunga
I dont have a big wrap on sliced bread....dont like the carbs

Khoder wont lose control of a promotion unless its a huge name....Golovkin had no name at that stage

End of the day Golovkin asked for way too much cash pre purse bid....Khoder said no and looked for other options.

If you cant see that Khoder wants 100% control over chocs career then you need some glasses

It had everything to do with $$$$ and nothing to do with Golovkin

If choc promoted that fight here he would make $3,000,000 not the $600,000 they offered....but go on thinking you know the truth if it helps you sleep at night
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #60
mahunga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Mate respect your opinion,but I will go with %99 of fight fans who know why mundine dodged the World Title fight,I can some it up in one word.!!!! "FEAR"

Mahunga
mahunga is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum