Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #31
G_Hoppa
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Davis, Antarctica
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
u do a video
fair point, i will

I should be able to do it this weekend sometime...
G_Hoppa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #32
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Hoppa View Post
fair point, i will

I should be able to do it this weekend sometime...
nice, make sure its boxing related and not just burpees.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #33
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
though its my personal opinion that the lowering motion would bring the sternal pecs into the picture which have minium use in boxing compared to the muscles that you work with out lower the chest to the ground.
So you think pushups are useless to a boxer? Your opinions and theories are so bad it's unbelievable.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #34
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
So you think pushups are useless to a boxer? Your opinions and theories are so bad it's unbelievable.
not useless just less useful then many other options.

i think the sternal pecs are useless to a boxer.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #35
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
not useless just less useful then many other options.

i think the sternal pecs are useless to a boxer.
I'd love to see you punch without sternal pecs...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #36
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I'd love to see you punch without sternal pecs...
Id love to see you be born with out sternal pecs...punching with or without them is a moot point.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #37
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
Id love to see you be born with out sternal pecs...punching with or without them is a moot point.
You have a lot to learn. Is this one of the times you know you're wrong but you're going to argue that you're right to "learn" or are you that retarded you actually think your chest is not used in a punch? I suppose your lats aren't used in a punch either?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #38
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You have a lot to learn.
we all have alot to learn

tried the drill hit the bag instead of shadow boxed got through 2 rounds made sure to bend all the way down before sticking my hands out really feel it in my knees.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #39
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
we all have alot to learn
Some a hell of a lot more than others, specially when a particular someone makes things up in their head then states them as fact.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #40
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You have a lot to learn. Is this one of the times you know you're wrong but you're going to argue that you're right to "learn" or are you that retarded you actually think your chest is not used in a punch? I suppose your lats aren't used in a punch either?
where did i say your chest isnt used in a punch? your minor pecs and the clavicle head of the pec major are incredibly important in the return and sturdiness of a punch.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #41
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 2204
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

i thought burpees involve a pushup and in the stand- a jump with legs tucked in? i know is a variation- but thats the way to do them i d suggest, or if your going to do a video- show the variations of workouts- rather than just a video of you working out, if we re going to watch a rocky montage- i ll go watch rocky.

i thought the idea was instructional ? not entertainment. good on you for putting it up though- easy for every one else to criticise from a keyboard. myself included.
slantone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #42
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
i thought burpees involve a pushup and in the stand- a jump with legs tucked in? i know is a variation- but thats the way to do them i d suggest, or if your going to do a video- show the variations of workouts- rather than just a video of you working out, if we re going to watch a rocky montage- i ll go watch rocky.

i thought the idea was instructional ? not entertainment. good on you for putting it up though- easy for every one else to criticise from a keyboard. myself included.
Technique depends on who you ask. For me a burpee is jump down to a pushup position, do a full pushup, get back up to standing and jump as high as possible. Most people don't do the pushup or don't jump, but I've always done both.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #43
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
i thought burpees involve a pushup and in the stand- a jump with legs tucked in? i know is a variation- but thats the way to do them i d suggest, or if your going to do a video- show the variations of workouts- rather than just a video of you working out, if we re going to watch a rocky montage- i ll go watch rocky.

i thought the idea was instructional ? not entertainment. good on you for putting it up though- easy for every one else to criticise from a keyboard. myself included.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

nope no push up. personally i think the push up takes away from your legs giving them time to recover.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #44
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,139
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylem View Post
personally i think the push up takes away from your legs giving them time to recover.
1-2 seconds for a pushup is not enough time for any kind of recovery for the legs.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #45
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 891
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Distinct lack of boxing drills on youtube.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
1-2 seconds for a pushup is not enough time for any kind of recovery for the legs.
1-2 seconds per burpee is time to recover.

also on that you have 30 seconds and every push up takes 1-2 seconds longer you lose like 2-3 burpees per 30 seconds and 6-9 per round so it gives the legs a break in that way too.
Ylem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013