Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Not looking good for Elomar

It seems even his father now has doubts........

Arrested boxer's father warns of 'brainwashing' [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Ahmed Elomar and his wife Najatt on their wedding day.
Photo: Adam Hollingworth
  • Taghred Chandab
    July 1, 2007
THE angry father of an Australian boxing champion arrested in Lebanon for alleged terrorist links has accused radical clerics of brainwashing young Muslims. Father-of-five Mamdouh Elomar slammed the clerics' hardline version of Islam, specifically targeting former Liverpool-based preacher Sheik Feiz Mohammed.
Mr Elomar said he had urged his children to stay away from Sheik Mohammed and the Global Islamic Youth Centre, where he had led prayers.
"Sheiks like Feiz ruin people," Mr Elomar said from his home in south-west Sydney.
"He is not a sheik; he is brainwashing all these children. I know my religion, so I can tell him when he is wrong, but these kids believe everything he says and think it's their religion. Someone needs to stop him.
"Today our kids are either at one extreme, partying or using drugs, or at another extreme with their religion.
That's what I have taught Ahmed. Mr Elomar's son Ahmed, 24, nicknamed "Trigger" in boxing circles, was captured and arrested in Lebanon last month with two other Australians, Ibrahim Sabouh and Mohammad Basal, and accused of having links to a terrorist cell in Lebanon. The men have not been charged.
He had been holidaying in Tri poli, Lebanon for two weeks with his wife, Najat, 25, and two sons, aged five and three, before his arrest 11 days ago. The young father was considering moving to Lebanon after falling in love with the country last year.
The Sun-Herald understands the featherweight champion, who is a nephew of Sydney terrorism suspect Mohammad Ali Elomar, left his wife's family home at 10am with several friends and was arrested several hours later. His father said it was still unclear if he was arrested in a raid, or on the street for not having identification.
"I know in my heart that my son has done nothing wrong," Mr Elomar said, "but if he has, I support the Lebanese Government and army. Ahmed is a good boy and cheeky, but he has a soft heart."
He said he had never heard of Ibrahim Sabouh but thought his son might have known Mohammad Basal.
Ahmed, also known as "the Lebanese cowboy" because of his passion for Arabian horses, was devastated when his uncle was arrested in November 2005.
"It's disappointing because my uncle's not like that," he said in 2005. "It's upset the whole family."
Meanwhile, Sheik Mohammed, who is working as a carpenter in Malaysia having earlier moved to Lebanon to escape constant ASIO surveillance, said through an associate last week that he was aware that he was wanted for questioning in Lebanon.
He said he was outraged by the allegations that he and his friends were linked to a terrorism cell.
"We should be entitled to say what we want so as long as we don't hurt anyone," he said through his associate.
"I know they [Lebanese authorities] want to talk to me, but I am not afraid because I haven't done anything. I will leave it in God's hands."
Sheik Mohammed also said he had spoken to a Lebanese citizen captured with the Australians who witnessed one of the men being beaten.
He said he wanted the Australian Government to try harder to help its citizens.
Source: The Sun-Herald
oztriker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Not looking good for Elomar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
interesting read. cheers oz. looks like papa thinks he might be involved.
You have to respect his father's attitude.

He wants to support his son but still wants the right thing to be done.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
You have to respect his father's attitude.

He wants to support his son but still wants the right thing to be done.
Absolute tonne of respect. A hard choice to make, but it looks like he has made the right one.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Absolute tonne of respect. A hard choice to make, but it looks like he has made the right one.
Let's hope our fellow poster 'sugamoey' can also see the light and cast some disapproval on his terroist of a family friend.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #5
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Elomar has just ****ed his life and these silly wars, This why his parents moved away from these type of countries to get away from this shit, What a silly boy.
T.C.W is online now  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 02:24 AM   #6
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

good on the ol man for saying it as it is,if hes guilty,fuk him and his jihad thinking ways,
crash is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

three cheers for Mamdouh Elomar for having some serious guts and taking a solid stand. I like the way he says he will support his son if he is innocent but if he is guilty then he deserves it. Respect

why cant you be like this sugarmoey you raving homo?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum