boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

the only thing he lacks is power. he needs to do some strength training. he showed some good boxing skills in there, and a hell of a chin. i could see him giving david price some problems with his boxing skills. where the fug was steward tonite?
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 AM   #2
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: in my house
Posts: 5,636
vCash: 762
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

he lacks alot of power and i wasnt that impressed with his skills..even his footwork was alot to be disired i mean chisora fought only in straight lines and was pretty terrible if we r honest.....manny dosnt train fury....fury only spent 2 weeks in a training camp with wlad and manny
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

He won because he had the reach and height advantage, he stuck his chin out in the air and closed his eyes when punches were coming over the top his way.

Chisora is a fat slob who thought one punch would be enough against a slow lumbering giant, had he put something behind his overhand right he might of knocked Fury the **** out, somewhat similar to what Tim Witherspoon did to giants like Eklund.

The difference is, Tim Witherspoon was a fat slob who had boxing skills, whereas Chisora pretty much is just a fat slob.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 07-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
the only thing he lacks is power. he needs to do some strength training. he showed some good boxing skills in there, and a hell of a chin. i could see him giving david price some problems with his boxing skills. where the fug was steward tonite?
You´re easily impressed.

Fury´s defense is non existant.

No foot work, no upper body movement.

Fragile boxing mentality. When fighting he seeks approval from his entourage. His focus is not completely in the fight and he payed for it a few times tonight. I think Fury is a fairly insecure person and this may be a liability in the ring as soon as he steps up.

The reason he won is because he faced a guy who is very raw and not very intelligent in the ring.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #5
Ukansodoff
Only slightly camp
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: preston England
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

He looked alot better than other fights ive seen him in but he still looked like a fighter whose only had 4 or 5 fights in his career.

I think hes got a bit of power in him but his shots were being wound up by 2 centimetres and were pitter patter. He could of put alot more power into his shots when Chisora was just coverin up savin what little energy he had left.

As a prospect he has really not come on at all. With his dad out the way he MAY start to take this game a bit more seriously. I hope so.
Ukansodoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
popejking
Adamek
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: .pl
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
You´re easily impressed.

Fury´s defense is non existant.

No foot work, no upper body movement.

Fragile boxing mentality. When fighting he seeks approval from his entourage. His focus is not completely in the fight and he payed for it a few times tonight. I think Fury is a fairly insecure person and this may be a liability in the ring as soon as he steps up.

The reason he won is because he faced a guy who is very raw and not very intelligent in the ring.
Completely agree. However I think that his speed, workrate and stamina is quite good for a boxer his size. And he lacks power. He hit Chisora with everything he had and didnt hurt him seriously.
popejking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from parts unknown
Posts: 9,176
vCash: 1200
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
the only thing he lacks is power. he needs to do some strength training. he showed some good boxing skills in there, and a hell of a chin. i could see him giving david price some problems with his boxing skills. where the fug was steward tonite?
Manny was commentating for HBO coverage of Khan-Judah...

His views on the upcoming fight between Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora:

Well I won’t be able to work Tyson because I have an HBO assignment that same night with the very important fight with Amir Khan and Zab Judah. I think that unlike most people’s expectations, that Tyson Fury’s a very talented guy. We look at him as a big, oversized, very ****y kid. He’s only 22, but he does have skills. Just the fact that both of these guys have the mindset of winners, I think this is going to be one of the best heavyweight fights. Even though it’s not marketed and there is no one doing a lot of excessive hype the way Haye did for his recent fight with Wladimir, this is the heavyweight fight that I want to see myself. I know both guys personally. They’re both very strong-willed guys much in the make-up of Ali and Joe Frazier. This is what makes good fights, not so much the skill-level but the mindset. I think it’s going to be an extremely good fight. I know most people are picking Chisora and probably because of his more professional preparation when compared to Tyson, who in this case I think is training at home in the basement or the backyard with his uncle or whatever. Nevertheless, Tyson’s sheer physical size, and he’s got a good chin, good stamina, and good punch output, also. I think those factors, and being at 6’9” compared to about 6’1” is going to be a big problem for Dereck to overcome. I may be a little crazy, but I give a slight edge to Tyson in this fight mainly because of the physical size and he has good stamina.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #8
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by popejking View Post
Completely agree. However I think that his speed, workrate and stamina is quite good for a boxer his size. And he lacks power. He hit Chisora with everything he had and didnt hurt him seriously.
Sounds an awful lot like Tomasz Adamek, wouldn't you say?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #9
TheUnstoppable
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

I thought he looked really bad to be honest ..

Dreadful technique, sloppy, amateurish, seemingly clueless a lot of the time. His punches look terrible, he has no idea about range or timing, his movement is atrocious, I could go on all day here.

The good thing about this fight though was that it was a brawl and the casuals would love it - it was on terrestrial TV so hopefulyl we'll start to see boxing becoming more popular over here.
TheUnstoppable is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 AM   #10
popejking
Adamek
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: .pl
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Sounds an awful lot like Tomasz Adamek, wouldn't you say?
No, I wouldnt. Adamek has a very good power for boxer his size (natural CW). While Fury is naturally 50-60 pounds heavier than Adamek, and still cant hurt much smaller boxers.
popejking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #11
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,825
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
the only thing he lacks is power. he needs to do some strength training.
Fury's lack of punching power is not a lack of raw brute force, it's a lack of basic boxing and punching skill. He throws arm punches with zero torque and no footwork and hip movement at all.

Fury has only very basic fundamentals and little boxing skill. Reminds me of Valuev a lot, just has a wider ****nal of punches and can punch on the inside.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #12
whoupicking?
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,189
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Seems like i'm about to throw a spanner in the works here, but i was not impressed in the slightest. I know it's early days but my advice to him would be to leave that training camp and go find yourself a top class trainer like Steward or Roach because not only is his stamina poor, for such a big man he throws pitty pat punches, he is not focused at all on his opponent, playing up to his fan boy fans.

If this guy thinks of winning a world title he will need to put the work in the gym, and not come in the ring looking the way he did.
whoupicking? is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #13
1punch1nder
**Bam Bam**
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cebu City
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
You´re easily impressed.

Fury´s defense is non existant.

No foot work, no upper body movement.

Fragile boxing mentality. When fighting he seeks approval from his entourage. His focus is not completely in the fight and he payed for it a few times tonight. I think Fury is a fairly insecure person and this may be a liability in the ring as soon as he steps up.

The reason he won is because he faced a guy who is very raw and not very intelligent in the ring.
all of those can easily be corrected. what's not are height, reach and chin. he got all three. i hope fury makes it to the top.
1punch1nder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #14
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,798
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

The way I saw it Fury won by at least 3 rounds, but I felt he didn't look good enough. Didn't look like a top 20 heavyweight, didn't fight to his advantages, ie size, showed no footwork, kept fighting in close rather than fighting at range.

On the plus side he showed a great chin and an unbelievable heart throughout.
Luckily for Fury he is only 22/23 so he has time to drastically improve. Could be a real force by the time he's 28, at the minute he likely loses to any top 15 heavyweight.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #15
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fury Impressed The **** Out Of Me

Unskilled, fat gypsy.

No technique whatsoever, doesn't even turn his punches over, didn't see one nicely executed 1-2 the whole night.

Disgraceful tomato can.
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015