Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Mundine Would Do Better Against Calzaghe The Kessler

and no....beofore my auisse homies jump all over me with the nutthuger bullshit...i am not hugging...so pls **** off

i dont know if mundine would beat Jo...Jo is ****ing amazing

but

Mundine is qucker then kessler is very ****ing evasive and he does have a lot more variety...

if Mundine got infront of Jo and managed to pull off a perfect performnce he definaltey has the tools to be dangerous..

mundine looses confidence against big hitters and jo isnt a "big hitter"... persay...my take Mundine would most likely loose but give Jo more trouble.
planetzion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Mundine Would Do Better Against Calzaghe The Kessler

planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #3
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
and no....beofore my auisse homies jump all over me with the nutthuger bullshit...i am not hugging...so pls **** off

but

Mundine is qucker then kessler is very ****ing evasive and he does have a lot more variety...

if Mundine got infront of Jo and managed to pull off a perfect performnce he definaltey has the tools to be dangerous..

mundine looses confidence against big hitters and jo isnt a "big hitter"... persay...my take Mundine would most likely loose but give Jo more trouble.

Joe would make Mundine fight every second of every rd......everybody knows Mundine only really fights a proper minute in a rd.

Therefore when it comes to rds 8-12 Mundine will be huffing and puffing in his corner and his old man will say "C'mon son u can do it" great advice over the years by the way.
kel is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
and his old man will say "C'mon son u can do it" great advice over the years by the way.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

but

Joe would totally outwork him and embarrass him. Turtle shell defence is the worst possible option against a prolific combination puncher.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
Clearly Cool
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I will agree. Reason being is Calzaghe fights to the level of his opposition.

Joe would train for 2-3 days max and still win the fight.

The joe that faced Kessler would humiliate even a defensive Mundine.
Clearly Cool is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #7
Box-on
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Joe would apply too much pressure for Mundine imo. He can outwork him and take a decent shot/s if need be.
Box-on is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 02:46 AM   #8
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

I agree. He would trouble JC more than Kessler who had to dig really deep to do better than Lacy.

Mundine's speed is something Calzaghe hasn't seen. Mundine is too conservative with his attack to win the fight though.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

If mundine was to beat Joe he would need to come right out of his shell and punch all day long...Mundine aint got the legs for it...Mundine would look good for about 7 rounds and then run out of puff...Joe would finish all over him just like he did to Kessler.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #10
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
If mundine was to beat Joe he would need to come right out of his shell and punch all day long...Mundine aint got the legs for it...Mundine would look good for about 7 rounds and then run out of puff...Joe would finish all over him just like he did to Kessler.
exactly.

Choc wld look very competitive for the first 6rds imo.....some may even say it looks even on the scorecards.however, Joe wld take him into the drenches rds 8-12

Mundine hasn't got the workrate and it's not always because u are not fit enough..... u must have the ability to keep punching. Mundine likes to look pretty and put on a show, he's not prepared to look ugly and go to war.

That's what makes him such a show pony.
kel is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 AM   #11
zalman
Journeyman

I reckon Mundine would make a good showing of himself, and if he was fully confident in his god given abilities, he would have a chance in beating Jo IMO.
zalman is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Mundine would never outpoint Joe - doesnt mean he cant KO/TKO him. Mundines KO record aint that bad and the right coming from Mundine will be quicker than anybody joe has ever faced - which always gives Mundine a slight chance of winning. On points he never will though...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #13
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:

but

I think Joe is a bigger hitter than you give him credit for, there was a moment i think in the 8th round where i thought Kessler was gonna take a knee from a bodyshot.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #14
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

What Joe did in the Kessler fight was everything Mundine was suppose to do in his fight with Kessler but didn't. In terms of maybe talent or potential Mundine can match it with Calzaghe but in term of actual fighting Mundine has close to zero chance against Joe. He would have a better chance against Kessler 2nd time around.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #15
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Mundine doesn't like being hit fullstop.

Whether you think JC is a big hitter or not makes no difference - Mundine would go into his shell once Calzaghe starts throwing combos at him.

Put it this way - I know the 'If fighter A beats fighter B' triangle theory is a crock, but look at how Kessler was too big and too strong for Mundine. Yes, Mundine landed some punches on Kessler that made Kessler back off, but Calzaghe doesn't back off, he wears the punch and just keeps swarming.

Now look at how Kessler's size and strength had no effect on Calzaghe.

Now think about Mundine facing the same size and strength, along with that speed, southpaw stance, awkwardness, and non-stop ferocity.

I don't think Mundine has a chance.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum