Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #76
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Training overhaul

a.m. 45 mins up the mountain, slow as ****... with a hangover.

p.m. Side-to-side chins
Assisted 1 arm chins
Isometric holds on chins
1 arm press-ups (with feet on chair)
1 arm press-ups (with hand on football)
Press-ups (with 30 kg backpack)
Pistols

The hangover ****ed up my day so I'm knocking the booze on the head completely.

Tomorrow will be the real start of my new, more voluminous approach to training.

Nah, Sam, I was never in the forces.I'm far too much of a soft cunt TBH. I worked with a load of ex-forces when I used to work for a personal training company about 10 years back, and I heard a ton of stories from Ireland, Sierra Leone etc. That's about the closest I ever got to the army. My asking about sites was more to do with some different ways of beasting myself.

Owing to the hangover I didn't even get to buy the rope today, either. Bollocks, got to sort myself out. That'll start tomorrow...
elcasoshaun is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #77
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Well and truly sorted myself out today, with a nice little back strain. I was doing sandbag clean and presses, having warmed up well when I felt a nasty familiar feeling in my lower back/hip. Stretched a bit and beasted myself with burpees/horizontal tuck rows/basically anything that didn't exacerbate the problem. It's a recurring injury that I can keep at bay, I just need to keep away from certain repetitive, explosive movements. Yep, like a daft bastard I did a load of the exercises I know give me grief, in exactly the way that's guaranteed to **** me up. I really am a daft cunt, but not to worry, I bumped into an old pal who wants to start getting out on the kayak again. Even I can't ****ing injure myself doing that.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #78
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcasoshaun View Post
a.m. 45 mins up the mountain, slow as ****... with a hangover.

p.m. Side-to-side chins
Assisted 1 arm chins
Isometric holds on chins
1 arm press-ups (with feet on chair)
1 arm press-ups (with hand on football)
Press-ups (with 30 kg backpack)
Pistols

The hangover ****ed up my day so I'm knocking the booze on the head completely.

Tomorrow will be the real start of my new, more voluminous approach to training.

Nah, Sam, I was never in the forces.I'm far too much of a soft cunt TBH. I worked with a load of ex-forces when I used to work for a personal training company about 10 years back, and I heard a ton of stories from Ireland, Sierra Leone etc. That's about the closest I ever got to the army. My asking about sites was more to do with some different ways of beasting myself.

Owing to the hangover I didn't even get to buy the rope today, either. Bollocks, got to sort myself out. That'll start tomorrow...
Alright mate, yeah training with a hangover is ****ing horrible aint it, although a run before breakfast usually sorts me right out. I served in both northern ireland and sierra leone...brought a few memories back when i read that.
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #79
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well and truly sorted myself out today, with a nice little back strain. I was doing sandbag clean and presses, having warmed up well when I felt a nasty familiar feeling in my lower back/hip. Stretched a bit and beasted myself with burpees/horizontal tuck rows/basically anything that didn't exacerbate the problem. It's a recurring injury that I can keep at bay, I just need to keep away from certain repetitive, explosive movements. Yep, like a daft bastard I did a load of the exercises I know give me grief, in exactly the way that's guaranteed to **** me up. I really am a daft cunt, but not to worry, I bumped into an old pal who wants to start getting out on the kayak again. Even I can't ****ing injure myself doing that.

Thats bad news about the back mate, but the kayaking sounds good, don't get to do it much myself anymore
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #80
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Just did a load of bar work today. Different types of hangs to stretch my old fleetwood a bit and some hangs for time to improve my grip. Then some isometric holds and side-to-side chins, slow, with full control.Forgot to mention my core work yesterday, so the abs are a bit tender at the moment.

Sam, the lakes and the mountains are the only things keeping me here, mate. If it wasn't for the natural beauty round here I'd be off like a shot (although we've bought a house and got a business so we're a bit ****ed for a few years). I fancy Patagonia next but she'll take some convincing...

A mate of mine's getting me some quality rope so I'll be concentrating on a lot of climbing as soon as I get it, cos it shouldn't bother my back at all. I reckon I'll be sticking to climbing and gymnastic work for the foreseeable future as I want to fully recover before any more explosive lifting. I'm an impatient ****er, though, so I'll probably be injured again a month down the line, having done exactly the exercises I should be steering clear of.lol
Old 01-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #81
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Just did a load of bar work today. Different types of hangs to stretch my old fleetwood a bit and some hangs for time to improve my grip. Then some isometric holds and side-to-side chins, slow, with full control.Forgot to mention my core work yesterday, so the abs are a bit tender at the moment.

Sam, the lakes and the mountains are the only things keeping me here, mate. If it wasn't for the natural beauty round here I'd be off like a shot (although we've bought a house and got a business so we're a bit ****ed for a few years). I fancy Patagonia next but she'll take some convincing...

A mate of mine's getting me some quality rope so I'll be concentrating on a lot of climbing as soon as I get it, cos it shouldn't bother my back at all. I reckon I'll be sticking to climbing and gymnastic work for the foreseeable future as I want to fully recover before any more explosive lifting. I'm an impatient ****er, though, so I'll probably be injured again a month down the line, having done exactly the exercises I should be steering clear of.lol
That sounds great mate, gotta say i'm jealous, stuck here with the shitty weather and no work You english then yeah? Patagonia is ment to be nice too, had a mate who spent a bit of time out that way when he was travelling.

Be careful with the rope work though, it may pull on your back more than you think if your not careful... although if its lower back, like you say you may be ok. But i'm the same, far too impatient. I got slashed a couple months ago and took 6 stitches and it was hell trying to keep myself from training! Ended up slaughtering my legs throughout the 'rest' period. After 2 days sat about my mates/family were taking bets how long before i blew the stitches A bet i won for a change though, bastards
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #82
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

a.m. 40 mins run up the mountain

It feels like a return to my split routine, bodybuilding youth today with a session dedicated to pushes:

1-arm-pressups(with 1 leg off the ground)
Press-ups(with 30 kg backpack)
Hindu pressups(on medicine ball)
Pseudo planche pressups
Pike presses
Dips(on rings)
Flyes(on rings)

Yep, Sam, I'm from Newcastle but it's been years since I've been up that way. The closest I got was rewatching Auf Wiedersehen last summer lol.

I remember reading your post re the knifing and it reminded me why- as shit as it is culturally-we are living here. There's no real crime, but it's boring as ****. All about balancing up the pros and cons, I suppose, eh? Having said that, I'm definitely up for a change but it won't be for a few years-just heading off each summer to Galicia will have to do in the meantime.

I can't complain too much, though, I just need to see the pix from Britain on MSN to confirm I made the right choice. Seems a bit chilly at the moment, eh?

Last edited by elcasoshaun; 01-28-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: forgot a.m. jog
Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #83
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

****ing freezing mate Keeps me moving on my runs/circuits though.

Yeah its getting worse mate. The knifing was partly my fault though as i called his bluff and was turning my back on him when the cunt ****ing went to stab me. Definately misread that one Ordinarily i'd have just chinned the cunt straight off, as having a knife in you's not a nice feeling is it
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #84
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

A shitload of pull-ups/chins:

2 towels(wide)
1 towel(narrow)
Fat chins(towel wrapped round bar)
OAC
On rings
Side-to-side
Isometric chins
and a load more I can't remember.

A bit of gymnastic shit again(tucks, rows, curls etc.), as it's the only stuff that doesn't injure me at the mo.

Sam, I often talk about my more "lively" days back in UK to my Spanish mates here, and they just shake their heads, nonplussed by our idiotic ways lol. They can't believe the stories(and mine are pretty tame, tbh, no stabbings or any shit like that!) from my past.
Hope everything got sorted out in the end. Doesn't seem to have interfered with your training too much; the volume you do would kill me. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to get cracking on more training, I just break down under the pressure, so I'm going back to the "more is less" approach that you alluded to earlier(not out of choice, though, as I fancy upping the workload but don't have the physical fortitude haha). Some of us are just shaped by nature to be soft cunts and I'm one of them. I'll keep grafting away in a gentle gayboy fashion-20 mins sessions will do for me lol
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #85
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

30 mins run
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #86
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

A short and sweet one today:10 x 30 m hill sprints
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 AM   #87
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
A shitload of pull-ups/chins:

2 towels(wide)
1 towel(narrow)
Fat chins(towel wrapped round bar)
OAC
On rings
Side-to-side
Isometric chins
and a load more I can't remember.

A bit of gymnastic shit again(tucks, rows, curls etc.), as it's the only stuff that doesn't injure me at the mo.

Sam, I often talk about my more "lively" days back in UK to my Spanish mates here, and they just shake their heads, nonplussed by our idiotic ways lol. They can't believe the stories(and mine are pretty tame, tbh, no stabbings or any shit like that!) from my past.
Hope everything got sorted out in the end. Doesn't seem to have interfered with your training too much; the volume you do would kill me. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to get cracking on more training, I just break down under the pressure, so I'm going back to the "more is less" approach that you alluded to earlier(not out of choice, though, as I fancy upping the workload but don't have the physical fortitude haha). Some of us are just shaped by nature to be soft cunts and I'm one of them. I'll keep grafting away in a gentle gayboy fashion-20 mins sessions will do for me lol
Yeah i know what you mean mate, i went all over with the army and they always think the english are crazy, the norweigans were best, they really do think we're nuts Ive been through a lot worse though mate, that was tame in comparison. Just misjudged the situation and paid for it but yeah it got sorted out in the end. I had to take 2 weeks off training, which was the worst part, although i still did some light stuff, machine squats, leg presses etc basically anything that didnt pull on my lats as thats where the stitches were. The year or so before though i was ****ed for like 2 months with a shoulder and chest injury, that was worse. Must have been horrible for my lot, like living with a wounded tiger! As for the volume i do, i just cant do any less. If i do then i dont feel like ive done enough. Took me years to build up to this though and i still feel i could be fitter/stronger. Start thai boxing this week too, so will be replacing boxing training with that. May even compete next year if i can get up to scratch. Ive trained in MT before but have had problems going in with an obvious boxing style. Plus the sparring's different which has got me into trouble before too, having to leave gyms etc (for being too rough in sparring) Gonna have a proper crack at it this time though as i enjoy the training, plus its the gym where my son trains so will have to be on my best behaviour
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #88
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It was a press day so did:

Dips on rings
1 arm pressups on ring
1 arm pressups on ground
1 arm knuckle pressups
Pressups (with 30 kg backpack) on rings
Hindu pressups on medicine ball
Flyes on rings
Atomic pressups

A little bit of ab work as well: different types of raises.

****ing hell, you like to keep busy, Sam. The strong man comp and Thai boxing. I fanny about on the gymnastic rings and jog about with the pooches a bit, and consider myself a serious keep-fit enthusiast these days. I haven't heard owt about my rope yet so I'll probably just buy one myself rather thaan waiting for my pal to deliver on what he said last week. The weather's improving here now so I'll be doing all my training in the sun again... Nice one.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #89
sam1222
**** You.
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It was a press day so did:

Dips on rings
1 arm pressups on ring
1 arm pressups on ground
1 arm knuckle pressups
Pressups (with 30 kg backpack) on rings
Hindu pressups on medicine ball
Flyes on rings
Atomic pressups

A little bit of ab work as well: different types of raises.

****ing hell, you like to keep busy, Sam. The strong man comp and Thai boxing. I fanny about on the gymnastic rings and jog about with the pooches a bit, and consider myself a serious keep-fit enthusiast these days. I haven't heard owt about my rope yet so I'll probably just buy one myself rather thaan waiting for my pal to deliver on what he said last week. The weather's improving here now so I'll be doing all my training in the sun again... Nice one.
I'd go mad if i didnt mate, this is what hyper-active kids turn into And as long as i'm not fighting on the same day as the comp it'll be sound. In my boxing days i only ever needed a few days off after a really hard fight anyway as i recover pretty quick. Older now mind haha But **** it, if the body's willing..Not even sure i will compete yet to be honest, and it'll be a while off yet. i'm a boxer, i have no ****ing clue when it comes to kicking the cunt A few mates have tried to get me interested in MMA but its not for me, just cant get passed feeling like a faggot being pulled to the ground and having some cunt laid on top of me

Yeah you need a rope mate. Looking at your training i reckon it'd fit in nicely with the stuff you do. For rope climbing ive always tried to maintain the level i attained in my year with the marines (before having to leave and join the army) which was climbing the 30 footers with around 45lbs on our webbing.(Although during test week we only had to do it with around 25lbs) but with your reccuring back injury it could be worth not bothering using weight. You'll be happy with the benefits though, after a few weeks chins/pull ups will be piss easy. will probably help with the gymnast stuff too, but ive no experience in that department so dont take my word for it
sam1222 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #90
elcasoshaun
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

1st February

Pull day:

Front and back lever work.
Wide array of chins and pull-ups

This was my last pull day without rope, so it should get a bit more interesting next time. I reckon my back's fine for climbing with weight, mate. It's the deadlifting from the ground or lifting large bulky objects(kegs, sandbags etc) that I can't keep close to me that triggers the back/hip problem. I did some gymnastic stuff yesterday that was fantastic for stretching my back out-more like yoga in its calming effects. ****ing brilliant.

Last edited by elcasoshaun; 02-02-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs