boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default UFC undressed and naked as Lesnar whimpers....

Did anyone catch Brock Lesnars humiliating defeat recently.
If people believe Boxing is in trouble and struggling againgst the razzle dazzle of UFC then think longevity of true champions of thier discipline.....
How many boxers can you name....???
How many UFC fighters can you name....???

True, boxing has a legacy because of it's well established roots but if there was to be one man in UFC who could have paved the way for its own legacy that would have been the baddest man on the planet.

The baddest man on the planet was pummelled into a bleeding, cowering, whimpering mess with less than 50 seconds remaining in the first round in his last outing.

UFC went from demonstrating it to could serve up a steaming pile of **** show after show to only then offer up a match where the UFC's star performer and seemingly untameable beast is beaten to a pulp.

The article below really adds perspective to a combat sport which is has no direction and no true legacy leaving champions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #2
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: UFC undressed and naked as Lesnar whimpers....

I think most in the know knew that Brock was nothing more than a sideshow.
I most certainly didn't regard him as the baddest man on the planet, that title still goes to Fedor IMO.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
If people believe Boxing is in trouble and struggling againgst the razzle dazzle of UFC then think longevity of true champions of thier discipline.....

True, boxing has a legacy because of it's well established roots but if there was to be one man in UFC who could have paved the way for its own legacy that would have been the baddest man on the planet.

The baddest man on the planet was pummelled into a bleeding, cowering, whimpering mess with less than 50 seconds remaining in the first round in his last outing.

UFC went from demonstrating it to could serve up a steaming pile of **** show after show to only then offer up a match where the UFC's star performer and seemingly untameable beast is beaten to a pulp.

The article below really adds perspective to a combat sport which is has no direction and no true legacy leaving champions.

Im not a fan of UFC by any means, however their Middleweight (Anderson Silva) & Welterweight (Georges St Pierre) champs have had long reigns.

Also Featherweight Champ Jose Aldo looks unbeatable too...so its all relative IMO.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

i like watching ufc for the standup part, but when it goes to the ground i seem to lose interest in it, it just becomes a snoozefest and to be truthful, takes on some ****erotic images, guys straddling one another and others thrusting their hips whilst being straddled. anderson silva is my favourite though!
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #5
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Your wrong. brock Lesnar was never considered the baddest man on the planet by MMA fans with half a brain.
Mma is a relatively new sport and has been growing in leaps and bounds over the last 10 yrs or so. I have been a hardcore boxing fan since the mid 1980's and i really enjoy watching MMA.
Open up your eyes and watch some guys like Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, Fedor Emelianenko, Jose Aldo fight and then tell me their ****.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've enjoyed both MMA and UFC for years.
Georges St Pierre is a legend and makes a great champion...this is what I am refering to as a legacy. I have turned off this sport because it is predicatble with old bodies being carted out for embarassing almost piontless defeats.
The 2 previous UFC's were both orchestrated in the ring. Fighters who's obvious strengths were not being used and it didn't get past the commentary. Many bewildered comments as to why fighters who's strengths are on the mat were standing up trading blows and losing....it stank of a sham, instructed to offer what boxing offers best....2 blokes trading punches round after round.
The last 12 months has been ****......so where is it going, what does it have to hang its hat on?
It is no direction under Dana White, he is an egotistcal ****er who will take down this sport.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Boxing has endless **** match ups and miss matches beyond belief. Boxing also has some ridiculous padded records like Daniel Dawson and Tye Fields just to name a few who are just journeyman level. Lets not forget predetermined fights like Green-Briggs etc etc.

I would say mma is coming along very nicely.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 AM   #8
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

at that article.

Dont worry - you should not base your opinions and predictions on one fighter and one fight. A boxing reporter writing in this manner is going to offer little.

BTW you fail to mention it wasn't a boxer who finished that "untameable beast" (laughable description) but an actual MMA fighter. The UFC is not the only game in town.

Agree Dana is a ****er.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Boxing has endless **** match ups and miss matches beyond belief. Boxing also has some ridiculous padded records like Daniel Dawson and Tye Fields just to name a few who are just journeyman level. Lets not forget predetermined fights like Green-Briggs etc etc.

I would say mma is coming along very nicely.
"The 2 previous UFC's were both orchestrated in the ring. Fighters who's obvious strengths were not being used and it didn't get past the commentary. Many bewildered comments as to why fighters who's strengths are on the mat were standing up trading blows and losing....it stank of a sham, instructed to offer what boxing offers best"

Did you watch these UFC's.

UFC 118: Edgar vs. Penn

UFC 119: Mir vs. Cro Cop

They were awful....and my above comment refers to these 2 cards.
Did you watch these....do you agree with what I have said about the bouts being fought under some kind of instruction...the commentators picked up on it.
I wont buy another UFC after having seen these.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

UFC is only interesting while they are on their feet....which is boxing anyway.

when they go down like joel monahagn and a labrador, it becomes the freak show it is.

**** sport. ban it!
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I appreciate that the author of that article is pitching for boxing but he's talking ****.

In the true realm of fighting, one blow can change the direction on any contest.
I'm not an MMA fan but a casual watcher. I wouldn't know Brock Lasner, or Valesquez if they stood up in my soup, but it's a fair assumption that the latter has some boxing skills & a fair amount of power, so given that the mits they fight in, which barely cover their wraps, Lesnar prolly done well to absorb the punishment.
He's not the first person to be beaten into submission. In fact any fight fan has to respect the man that "Dies" slowly in a fight.

Boxings worst enemy is it's evolved myopic self serving ego driven traditions & dubious promises of pots of gold. Not MMA
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Most people thought Lesnar was a sideshow and he proved it.

He reminds me of someone who wld have bullied kids at school and one day got his right whack from someone who stood up to him and could fight.

I enjoy watching UFC and have started to follow it a little, however it doesn't compare with boxing and never will.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #13
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
I enjoy watching UFC and have started to follow it a little, however it doesn't compare with boxing and never will.
This...
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

IT WAS A FKN SHAM!

This greatest fighter of all time, worlds toughest man, so on, so on. Must have been a sham, call a fkn enquiry!

No wonder green wanted to fight him, would have handed him a new ****hole!!!
shiner is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #15
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
IT WAS A FKN SHAM!

This greatest fighter of all time, worlds toughest man, so on, so on. Must have been a sham, call a fkn enquiry!

No wonder green wanted to fight him, would have handed him a new ****hole!!!
Under what rules tho...no doubt in boxing Green would smash the **** out of him, but in MMA rules Lesnar would have lots of advantages & you would have to favour him & his wrestling/ground game.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum