Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-13-2011, 04:56 AM   #76
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: MonaroCountry's top 10 HW fighter

I dont think fedor should be #1 coming off a clear defeat, even if he was so far ahead of the rest in the division before his submission loss, werdum should get the #1 spot for the victory.

with this strikeforce tournament about to start, I think it will clear up the rankings sooner than I expecte. Who ever wins it will be the best heavyweight in the world today.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #77
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
I dont think fedor should be #1 coming off a clear defeat, .
Uhhh ohhhhh.......
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #78
Tuno
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
Why would he not make that mistake? It's not that unlike how he fights most of the time, Werdum just happened to counter it perfectly.

What has this completely different Overeem done to be ranked? Because the also very much improved Werdum went on and beat Fedor.

I guess Werdum needs to fight Brett Rogers and Todd Duffee to get ahead in your world.

How is he not even ahead of Josh Barnett?
It was more on Fedor being sloppy and careless than Werdum countering it perfectly. When Werdum was going for the arm, if Fedor stop trying to throw those pitty patty shot from a bad position, he could and should have freed his arm and get into better position first than try to finish Werdum with bad punches after the knockdown.
Tuno is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #79
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

"Probably as good as Overeem in kickboxing and second only to Werdum in grappling."

No and no. Not even close to either one in their respective fields.
James23 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #80
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuno View Post
It was more on Fedor being sloppy and careless than Werdum countering it perfectly. When Werdum was going for the arm, if Fedor stop trying to throw those pitty patty shot from a bad position, he could and should have freed his arm and get into better position first than try to finish Werdum with bad punches after the knockdown.
He was doing what he nearly always does, throwing big shots from a kneeling or standing position in the opponents guard. Werdum rolled him into the cage and up into the air, giving himself a great shot at the arm.

All subs are a combination of actions between the two fighters.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #81
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

A crime has been committed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarman
1) Fedor Emelianenko
2) Alistair Overeem
3) Fabricio Werdum
4) Cain Velasquez
5) Josh Barnett
This list sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronoCuntry
I could agree with this.
Further proof of that list sucking.
Quote:
Posted by Beouche
me too. it's a good list
DNA match.

Last edited by rekcutnevets; 01-14-2011 at 10:17 AM.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #82
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
This list sucks.
DNA match.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #83
zarman

vCash:

Quote:
This list sucks.
DNA match.
i found it hard to put fedor at 1 as he is coming of a loss but this is mma and loses aren't as serious as in boxing. barnett was also hard to place but he hasn't lost since he was ranked second so i thought 5 was a fair spot to place him
Old 01-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #84
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarman View Post
i found it hard to put fedor at 1 as he is coming of a loss but this is mma and loses aren't as serious as in boxing. barnett was also hard to place but he hasn't lost since he was ranked second so i thought 5 was a fair spot to place him
My apologies, I made a joke at your expense. I don't like your list, but I probably wouldn't have commented on it had those other 2 not chimed in. The combination of what I think is a bad list and 2 posters that I normally disagree with was too much to resist.

Since you reacted to my post with better class than I exhibited, I'll explain my problems with your rankings with no animosity.

Fedor can't be #1 after losing. That might make sense if it were a close decision. Fedor was being choked, and was forced to tap or go unconscious. Werdum beat Fedor legitimately, and deserves to be ranked above him.

Overeem at #2 is unjustifiable. Overeem has also lost to Werdum, and his only notable win at heavyweight is against the not yet notable Brett Rogers. Overeem may go on to be the best in the world after the StirkeForce tournament, but he is nothing more than a prospect at the moment.

Barnett is in your top 5, but Junior Dos Santos is no where to be found. Dos Santos defeated Werdum. Barnett has won 6 in a row since losing to Nogueira, but his wins are no where near the caliber of Nogueira's. I just don't see a way to have him ahead of Dos Santos, Lesnar, or Carwin at this point.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #85
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My apologies, I made a joke at your expense. I don't like your list, but I probably wouldn't have commented on it had those other 2 not chimed in. The combination of what I think is a bad list and 2 posters that I normally disagree with was too much to resist.

Since you reacted to my post with better class than I exhibited, I'll explain my problems with your rankings with no animosity.

Fedor can't be #1 after losing. That might make sense if it were a close decision. Fedor was being choked, and was forced to tap or go unconscious. Werdum beat Fedor legitimately, and deserves to be ranked above him.

Overeem at #2 is unjustifiable. Overeem has also lost to Werdum, and his only notable win at heavyweight is against the not yet notable Brett Rogers. Overeem may go on to be the best in the world after the StirkeForce tournament, but he is nothing more than a prospect at the moment.

Barnett is in your top 5, but Junior Dos Santos is no where to be found. Dos Santos defeated Werdum. Barnett has won 6 in a row since losing to Nogueira, but his wins are no where near the caliber of Nogueira's. I just don't see a way to have him ahead of Dos Santos, Lesnar, or Carwin at this point.
Unlike Werdum, JDS doesnt have a very good quality wins. Werdum has beaten Overeem, Fedor and Alex among his kill list. I find Cain and JDS and especially Brock hard to place any higher because they really havent beaten the absolute best, proven and well rounded fighter. I dont regard Nog, CroCop and Randy as the best...maybe they were once but time has sadly caught up with them.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #86
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarman View Post
When was he ranked #2? You can hardly rank him #2 after his loss to Nog, or on anything he has done since.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 AM   #87
moreorless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
He was doing what he nearly always does, throwing big shots from a kneeling or standing position in the opponents guard. Werdum rolled him into the cage and up into the air, giving himself a great shot at the arm.

All subs are a combination of actions between the two fighters.
Realistically I'd say its a bit of both, Fedor was more reckless in that fight than we saw say vs Nog but Werdum exploited it in a highly skilled fashion.
moreorless is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #88
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Unlike Werdum, JDS doesnt have a very good quality wins. Werdum has beaten Overeem, Fedor and Alex among his kill list. I find Cain and JDS and especially Brock hard to place any higher because they really havent beaten the absolute best, proven and well rounded fighter. I dont regard Nog, CroCop and Randy as the best...maybe they were once but time has sadly caught up with them.
You've got to be ****ing kidding. JDS has beaten WERDUM for christ's sake! Do you even read what you post?
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #89
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998 View Post
You've got to be ****ing kidding. JDS has beaten WERDUM for christ's sake! Do you even read what you post?

So what?

As ive said before, Werdum has had better and more quality wins. Also take into account that Werdum was clearly unprepared for JDS. Apart from Werdum, JDS really hasnt beaten anyone of worth and in their prime.

JDS doesnt deserve to be ranked higher than Werdum who beat Fedor and many other great and relevant names.

Also if you want to put JDS simply for the fact that he beat Werdum (while having a list of non relevant opponents) then why shouldnt Joaquim Ferreira be placed ahead of JDS? Or is it because Joaquim isnt in the UFC that he isnt anywhere near the top ten in your list?

BORKED

monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #90
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

So you've read that other thread, not post the list I asked for or answered the questions I asked, why is this?
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum