Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 PM   #16
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Today's Herald Sun article on Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by qboxthunder
What Anderson says is fair enough, its fact mundine 'only has the regular belt but there also is another way of looking at it.Our legitimate 'World' Champs who cannot be disputed are Carruthers,Rose,Famechon,Tszyu.Fenech only ever held alphabet versions but for me he was definetly pound for pound the best at his weights in his prime, personally I rank him second behind Tszyu.Then you have Jeff Harding who won and even regained the WBC light heavyweight title and he beat a legitmate title holder in Andries both times,yes Andries was old but still a warrior and he defended against ranked guys.Darchnian beat a bona fide champ to win his belt.I am a huge fan of Lester Ellis and Barry Michael,I regularly watch their old fights on dvd but is it fair for Anderson to write that Mundine needs to beat a Kessler to be ranked alongside these two?Michael was a warrior, never floored in his whole career and apparently 'earthquake' carter was a huge talent when Barry beat him but as far as their opponents they dethroned to win there IBF title's, I dont believe it should rate them ahead of Anthony Mundine or even Danny Green's 'interim' title he held.The IBF was new and virtually handing out belts so to speak,yes coz of political bullshit Larry Homes was their flagship champion but as far as Ellis and Michael go,well Lester beat a guy named Hwan Kil Yuh who was no legitmate World Champ and then defended against a filipino virtual unknown and nearly got ko'd and then lost to Barry Michael.Should this rate these two above Anthony Mundine who beat a legitimate top contender at the time in Echols and again a legitimate top contender in Soliman to regain the same belt and his win over Green,I think not.Mundine beat better guys than Lester and Barry did.Also although it's now a blotch on his record at the time his effort v ottke was an an incredible one for a guy with nine or ten pro fights!Ellis and Michael deserve to be rated higher than Mundine just coz their belt had IBF plastered on it?I dont think so,u need to judge the fighters by who they beat.If u really want to be fair dinkum!
FFS! Have you ever heard of paragraphs?

How about his effort against that Champion of Champions....... MANNY SIACA?
oztriker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #17
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 908

Yes! judge them on the fighters they beat "Nievas" the great # 47 of the world.
THN is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #18
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by tills9191
Cant believe fkn newcastle lost!! what a joke, ...they let souths score 2 early tries in the first half and 2 tries midway thru the 2nd half to let them in the game.. sht cnts!
They put in a champion effort for as long as they could, but this was a race they couldn't win.

How good was Issac Luke?
I watched him last week (I think it was his debut) and he was pretty good, and this week he's stepped up from that.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #19
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
FFS! Have you ever heard of paragraphs?

How about his effort against that Champion of Champions....... MANNY SIACA?

I thought he made some good points.

Just cos he doesn't use paragraphs only diverts a reasonable response from yourself on the facts.

Last edited by kel; 06-30-2007 at 01:16 AM.
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #20
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
I thought he made some good points.

Just cos he doesn't use paragraphs only diverts a reasonable response from yourself on the facts.
FFS....... It's not rocket science........ It's not that ****ing hard. All it does is re-enforce my argument that by far, the majority of nuthuggers are not all that bright......... probably on a ratio of 3 to 1........ that would be 3 "dumbarses" to 1 semi-normal human.

I can't be bothered reading that dribble again...... you tell me the good points so that I can shoot you down in flames.

Give it your best shot and afterwards, I'll give you a rating out of 10 on the Dumbarse Scale.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #21
tills9191
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
They put in a champion effort for as long as they could, but this was a race they couldn't win.

How good was Issac Luke?
I watched him last week (I think it was his debut) and he was pretty good, and this week he's stepped up from that.
you knows who i think is a good talent, Luke Walsh, the no7 for newcastle, this guy looks awesome.
tills9191 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:46 AM   #22
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
you knows who i think is a good talent, Luke Walsh, the no7 for newcastle, this guy looks awesome.
This is the kid that Brian Smith was raving about.....right?
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #23
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
FFS....... It's not rocket science........ It's not that ****ing hard. All it does is re-enforce my argument that by far, the majority of nuthuggers are not all that bright......... probably on a ratio of 3 to 1........ that would be 3 "dumbarses" to 1 semi-normal human.

I can't be bothered reading that dribble again...... you tell me the good points so that I can shoot you down in flames.

Give it your best shot and afterwards, I'll give you a rating out of 10 on the Dumbarse Scale.

I am a huge fan of Lester Ellis and Barry Michael,I regularly watch their old fights on dvd but is it fair for Anderson to write that Mundine needs to beat a Kessler to be ranked alongside these two?Michael was a warrior, never floored in his whole career and apparently 'earthquake' carter was a huge talent when Barry beat him but as far as their opponents they dethroned to win there IBF title's, I dont believe it should rate them ahead of Anthony Mundine or even Danny Green's 'interim' title he held.The IBF was new and virtually handing out belts so to speak,yes coz of political bullshit Larry Homes was their flagship champion but as far as Ellis and Michael go,well Lester beat a guy named Hwan Kil Yuh who was no legitmate World Champ and then defended against a filipino virtual unknown and nearly got ko'd and then lost to Barry Michael.Should this rate these two above Anthony Mundine who beat a legitimate top contender at the time in Echols and again a legitimate top contender in Soliman to regain the same belt and his win over Green,I think not.Mundine beat better guys than Lester and Barry did.

I thought this was a strong point...................ur thoughts "O Mighty One"
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #24
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
The jury's still out on him for mine, but he looks capable at least.
Him and Mullen formed a halves combo throughout their jnr years, and Smith plans on using them the same with the Knights.

Back to the game, it was a gritty performance by Souths, and one that I thought had got away from them. The officials were pretty poor as well.

Regarding Souths...The dream is still alive.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:00 AM   #25
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
I am a huge fan of Lester Ellis and Barry Michael,I regularly watch their old fights on dvd but is it fair for Anderson to write that Mundine needs to beat a Kessler to be ranked alongside these two?Michael was a warrior, never floored in his whole career and apparently 'earthquake' carter was a huge talent when Barry beat him but as far as their opponents they dethroned to win there IBF title's, I dont believe it should rate them ahead of Anthony Mundine or even Danny Green's 'interim' title he held.The IBF was new and virtually handing out belts so to speak,yes coz of political bullshit Larry Homes was their flagship champion but as far as Ellis and Michael go,well Lester beat a guy named Hwan Kil Yuh who was no legitmate World Champ and then defended against a filipino virtual unknown and nearly got ko'd and then lost to Barry Michael.Should this rate these two above Anthony Mundine who beat a legitimate top contender at the time in Echols and again a legitimate top contender in Soliman to regain the same belt and his win over Green,I think not.Mundine beat better guys than Lester and Barry did.

Oh Kel, you're a gluten for punishment, you.
I feel sorry for Oz's 104 year old eyes.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #26
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
The jury's still out on him for mine, but he looks capable at least.
Him and Mullen formed a halves combo throughout their jnr years, and Smith plans on using them the same with the Knights.

Back to the game, it was a gritty performance by Souths, and one that I thought had got away from them. The officials were pretty poor as well.

Regarding Souths...The dream is still alive.
Speaking of Dreams, someone just posted a thread about the Rugby World Dream Team
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #27
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel

You got that right.

I have absolutely no intention of attempting to read your dribble until you paragraph/edit this post.

FFS......... a 7 year old could do it.

Call your Mum or something, but I'm not going to give myself a headache "O Lowly Retard"
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 AM   #28
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Oh Kel, you're a gluten for punishment, you.
I feel sorry for Oz's 104 year old eyes.
You have a brain Pecks....... Would you please decipher this dribble or would it just be easier to hit the ignore button?

Is this guy just simply uneducated or ****ing bone lazy.

On second thoughts........ I am doing my level best not to talk to complete simpletons........so don't bother.

If I get totally bored out of my brain, I'll call my daughter in to decipher his ramblings.

Last edited by oztriker; 06-30-2007 at 02:15 AM.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM   #29
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Oz you come across as a very mean person, please show your true side
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #30
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
You have a brain Pecks....... Would you please decipher this dribble or would it just be easier to hit the ignore button?

Is this guy just simply uneducated or ****ing bone lazy.

On second thoughts........ I am doing my level best not to talk to complete simpletons........so don't bother.

If I get totally bored out of my brain, I'll call my daughter in to decipher his ramblings.
I didn't read it either, but I'm thinking you might be showing kel a bit of mercy in the future, as kel might turn out to be a female.
You're a hard man Oz, but the pinkys are your achillies heel.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum