Old 06-30-2007, 03:27 AM   #31
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Today's Herald Sun article on Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I didn't read it either, but I'm thinking you might be showing kel a bit of mercy in the future, as kel might turn out to be a female.
You're a hard man Oz, but the pinkys are your achillies heel.
OH **** ME DEAD....... I'm picking on a girl again.

I can feel another "PUBLIC APOLOGY TO KEL" thread in the offing.

DAMMIT!
oztriker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #32
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I didn't read it either, but I'm thinking you might be showing kel a bit of mercy in the future, as kel might turn out to be a female.
You're a hard man Oz, but the pinkys are your achillies heel.
Speaking of girls....... I am sending one of my "special" shirts to your sister.

I may even hand deliver it.......... coz that's the kind of generous, soft touch, guy I am.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #33
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
You got that right.

I have absolutely no intention of attempting to read your dribble until you paragraph/edit this post.

FFS......... a 7 year old could do it.

Call your Mum or something, but I'm not going to give myself a headache "O Lowly Re****"
What r u talking about? I'm referring to the original post from another member, why would i edit there post for an arrogant ***** like you

Your response to my reply was to name a stromg point which i did. Does it really matter that paragraghs etc are not used??

I'm still waiting for a sensible reply to that strong point, not some rant about 7yr olds doing it. It's clear to me you have problems dealing with other members of society when your opinion is not followed.

I'll check back in a few days for a educated response......Then again you might be busy ringing radio stations to warrant giving someone so insignificant like me a reply.
kel is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #34
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
What r u talking about? I'm referring to the original post from another member, why would i edit there ("THEIR."..... ****ing "THEIR"....... denotes "ownership".......It's not that ****ing hard.........Jesus Wept........ dumb**** *****)post for an arrogant ***** like you

Your response to my reply was to name a stromg point which i did. Does it really matter that paragraghs etc are not used?? Yep......It sure does........ Well maybe.......... if I knew WTF a "paragragh" is.

I'm still waiting for a sensible reply to that strong point, not some rant about 7yr olds doing it. It's clear to me you have problems dealing with other members of society when your opinion is not followed. Ok.......Be honest. Your kid brother wrote this.......right?

I'll check back in a few days for a educated response ......Why? You wouldn't understand it anyway.
Then again you might be busy ringing radio stations to warrant giving someone so insignificant like me a reply.You got that right. BTW....... If you are going to keep up the pretence of being a clever little girlie, it should be "as insignificant as me". No........Don't thank me. I'm here to help.
See, you can use paragraphs. It wasn't that hard now was it.

Paragraphs........linebreaks........Anything is better than one long diatribe of merged words.

Like I said previously, I didn't read the "dumb****'s" post and when you replied in kind, I didn't bother reading your post either.

I am not the only one who feels that way.......which you might have gathered from The Peckerman's reply.

BTW......... I seriously doubt that you are a girl, because girls are meant to have a left hemisphere dominant brain, and as the left hemisphere is responsible for language skills, it seems most unlikely. Your language skills are not up to scratch boyo.

Though...... Pecks did get one thing right.......... You should definitely be wearing a skirt.

PS: "a educated response" Do you see the irony?

Keep it up Kel......... you are killing me here.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #35
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Oz is the Hells Angels spelling B champ...
I say "go the NSW Police Force".
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #36
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This message is hidden because EelsRule is on your [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].</SPAN>

It must really **** the little ****er off, that I don't give a **** what he writes coz I can't see it.

BTW......... Anyone who quotes the little re****.........Straight onto the "Ignore "List.

Poor EelsRule........ He has this Man-love thing for Mundine that makes him question his own ***uality.

We don't question it little fella....... We know what side of the fence you're on.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 05:50 AM   #37
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Can someone tell him I am talking about him not to him.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #38
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
Can someone tell him I am talking about him not to him.
k
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #39
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] This message is hidden because teke is on your [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #40
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
This an article that wis in the Herald Sun Today and was written by Jon Anderson.

GET REAL, ANTHONY

Where does Anthony "The Man" Mundine rate when comparing Australia's boxing world champions?

The answer is one of the easier sporting equations, simply because Mundine isnt a World Champion.
Is he good enough? Definitly. And even now he would rank ahead of some from this country who have held genuine world title.

But please dont fall for the line he is the WBA super middleweight champion of the world, as advertised since he beat Sam Soliman in Sydney in March and Argentine Pablo NNievas on Wednesday night on the Gold Coast.
The fact Mundine should never have been fighting Nievas, who is ranked NO. 45 in the world and has never been past six rounds, isnt my gripe.
It's purely and simply that Mundine is not the world champion.
So who is? A hard-punching Dane named Mikkel Kessler, who beat Mundine on points for the WBA super Middleweight title in Sydney in 2005.
Yep, the same title Mundine now cliams, despite the fact Kessler remains unbeaten since and has not relinquished or been stripped of the same.
In fact he has claimed the WBC version of the same title after knocking out Geman Markus Beyer last year. Cofusing isnt it?

To clear up the confusion, Mundine is not to blame. He can only fight whoever's put in front of him, even if it is a person who should not be in the same ring.
Blame the World Boxing Association, which allowed such a farce to take place. To ensure extra sanctioning fees, it has named Kessler it's Super Champion.

The belt Mundine fought for twice is the WBA "interim" world championship.
The same thing happened in 2003 when Mundine beat Antwun Echols for the same belt.
It's known as the Clayton's championship, the belt you've got when you haven't got the real world championship.
You would think that boxing has enough problems with credibilty without adding to it's woes by inventing imaginary world titles and trying to dupe the public in the process.

The theory is that a mug punter will be more likely to part with his hard earned if a world championship is at stake.
Mundine is not the only fighter holding such titles, a situation made worse by the proliferation of bodies (known as the alphabet brigade), IBA,IBF,IBC,IBO,WBA,WBC,WBO,WBU) that sanction world title fights at random.

It can be traced back to the 1960's when the WBC and WBA started holding championship fights in oppisition to each other and naming different champions.
You wonder why the respective organisations would not forgo their ego's and just have a box-off to decide each division's legitimate champion.

Sadly there is far too much money tied up in the caper for self-serving megalomaniacs to ever do what would, ultimately, be best for the sport.
Mundine is caught up in that, although in fairness his history suggests the chance to fight Kessler would be accepted with open arms.

A victory and he could then join boxers such as Jimmy Carruthers,Lionel Rose,Johnny Famechon,Rocky Mattiolli,Lester Ellis,Barry Michale, Jeff Fenech, Jeff Harding and Kostya Tszyu as fair dinkum Aussie boxing world champions.

i thought this article was very good and i enjoyed because there is hardly ever boxing news in the Sun.

What are your thoughts about it.

and still relevant nearly 5 years later...
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #41
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
yeah i know OZ is going to love it.

i thought it was a pretty good article and he summed up the chit part of boxing well in the orginisations and how they take- take take but only give back here and there with great fights.

for me though he is spot on how Fenech,Carruthers,Rose these blokes won the title as in the best Champ there is in the division.

Sorry to the Mundine fans but hey if he fights these guys and doesnt put them away he deserves this kind of **** to come his way.

I want you to be the mother of my children
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #42
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
You have a brain Pecks....... Would you please decipher this dribble or would it just be easier to hit the ignore button?

Is this guy just simply uneducated or ****ing bone lazy.

On second thoughts........ I am doing my level best not to talk to complete simpletons........so don't bother.

If I get totally bored out of my brain, I'll call my daughter in to decipher his ramblings.
I didn't realise that I was such a feisty young fella
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #43
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

like a bunch of old woman
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #44
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

LLLUUUULLLLLZZZZZZ @ "micro *****"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #45
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONCE MUNDINE WAs THe Real champ AT SUPERMIDDLE he beat echols then a few weeks later ottke retired in centre Ring after his bout i dont think he wanted to fight mundine again as he was loosing that fight & got lucky.So mundine was elavated to super champ then lost to siacca who lost to KESSLER so idiots Do some research. Keep Telling yourself that he was not the champ maybe makes u sleep easier. cheers guys. GO look it up
lvthefightgame is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum