Old 11-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #181
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Flores offered incentives to come in under the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
You don't know it is a fact though Leon. You are going by what someone told you.
I'm not buying it i'm afraid.
Francis the fact is I've talked to someone who was in a position to see both contracts and he swears there was no added clause. Your evidence is it must be so just because.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #182
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

In the end it didnt matter....Flores never gased and had loads of energy and showed no adverse signs from drying out....IMO the guy got very fit and lean...he did it the right way 2 weeks out he was looking the best condition ever.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #183
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Im not doubting Leon's source & what he was told.

However, im still skeptical as to why Flores would strip completely naked to weigh under 195.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #184
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Maybe he found a bookie offering good odds on him weighing in at 195
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #185
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Wasn't it Green himself who said there was a contractual incentive for Flores to come in a little under 200 lbs?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #186
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
In the end it didnt matter....Flores never gased and had loads of energy and showed no adverse signs from drying out....IMO the guy got very fit and lean...he did it the right way 2 weeks out he was looking the best condition ever.

Just like I said... it was a storm in a teacup. There are huge differences when it comes to making weight/drying out. Each needs to be looked at individually.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #187
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Flores should have been able to weigh the full 200lb - whether he was or not, we'll probably never know.

There are a few around here that were never going to conceed Green a shred of credit regardless of any result - same old, same old.

...enough of this shite - back to my holiday.

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 11-17-2010 at 11:42 PM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #188
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Francis the fact is I've talked to someone who was in a position to see both contracts and he swears there was no added clause. Your evidence is it must be so just because.
Leon,its all on page 1 of this thread mate and you can see from both camps admissions that indeed there was inducements.

The bloke you spoke to is telling you porkie lies because it makes the IBO look bad telling you the truth. The evidence i as well as others are going on is what BJ and Green have said in the media. which ive quoted from the article posted on page 1 of this thread,

In particular..

Quote:
What am I gunna weigh in at?" a coy Flores laughed when pushed on the clause yesterday. "No comment. Right now I'm not worried about weight and I'm not worried about contract clauses. My only concern is taking that IBO world title home to Las Vegas."
Then from Green..

Quote:
"Oh, I dunno about that," Green laughed. "BJ Flores can weigh in at the cruiserweight limit and earn four times the money I did for my first world title shot. It's a good earn. But he and his team wanted more money. We didn't think he was worth anywhere near what they were asking but said, 'OK, let's make this interesting' ... "
So BJ wanted more money so Green says ok u want more money then earn it by dropping more weight. The reporter asks him next, "So what will Flores hit the scales at today?" and Green responds with..

Quote:
"Don't know, don't care," Green shrugged. "They asked for more money and, despite not being worth it, we're giving them the chance to earn it if they really want it. So if BJ wants to come in below the cruiserweight limit, that's his call. I know that he likes a dollar so there is certainly a chance of it happening."
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #189
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I'm not just going to believe what some mate of Danny's camp told you Leon. You might consider that a "fact" but I certainly don't. I will go by past history / runs on the board / previous trends of catchweight BS from Greens camp. I will also go by the fact that Flores has only weighed under 200 about twice in 25 odd fights with his lowest being 198.5 lbs. Now i am suppose to believe that Flores decided to come in at 194.7 and strip down naked on the scales for no reason because an associate of Danny's told you. ****in hell.

The fights over now and Green won a clear decision it seems by what i have read. I will look to download the fight and have a look for myself how both fighters performed. Well done to Green for the win but lets hope he doesn't look to defend his nonsense world title against someone like Shane Cameron next.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #190
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Maybe Flores team just decided to come in that light as he they thought their younger like for like man would prevail , FFS Green has pulled some shit strokes on his fans recently but he deserves props for this effort , Flores was a Genuine top 10 Cruiser weight who came into the fight within the Cruiser limit , who is next for Green ? i hope it is Huck but think Danny will see his career out now with a few more Siaca's and Briggs of the world.
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #191
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Once again Francis, you assume something that is not true.

I did not speak to anyone from Greens camp about the contracts.

If there had been such a clause, I would not have got any response from the person I spoke to. He would have pulled the old 'can't confirm, can't deny' line. Instead, I asked a direct question and was given a direct answer. No mis-direction, no sleight of hand.
LeonMcS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum