Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #61
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default Re: Flores offered incentives to come in under the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Whats odd is Greens already giving this guy a tone of money right guys? 200k way over the top, BUT THERES STILL MORE! lol Green is that nice he offers even MORE MONEY with so called incentives? mmmm smells fishy to me
Why is it odd?
Where is your logic at.
Green gave Briggs 200K, RJJ a shitload more and Siacc porbably somewhere around the Briggs mark......

Why is it odd that a touted up and comer with an undefeated record would not command the same kind of money.

The X files were more believable than your little boxing conspiracies...

And stop encouraging people to conclude your an idiot by pleading for everyone here to see logic in your moronic points of view.

And that "fishy" smell is more than likely the stench from your open sores around you buttox from being contstantly planted on your ass in front of your PC...
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #62
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I wasn't talking to you Typhoid, you egocentric little cunt
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #63
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

At the end of the day BJ is the fighter who has the advantage because he's the one who decides what weight he'll fight at not Danny.
Only an arrogant yank would be so stupid as to give up his only advantage in a title fight and if he does he only has himself to blame.
If i had bet on BJ to win and he weighed in a kilo light i'd be pretty pissed but there sure as hell aint no catchweight imposed by Danny so if BJ is half serious about his career he will come in at the full limit because even though its only the IBO title it would be a great stepping stone for him to earn more cash in the future and possibly set up a fight against one of the major belt holders.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #64
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
WOW Brua, is that really you behind the keyboard? I rekon thats the first civilized response ive had from you since ive been posting here lol

Flores pushed for compensation if he was to make DannyWeight yes this is true. I mention to you that he complained to the IBO about the Catchweight, its most likely he wanted compensation for making Dannyweight and we are only now just publicly hearing about this however BJs been told to call them INCENTIVES?..

Next please?
Now I am addressing you, hence quoting your post, and I'll ask you again to provide sources backing your claim that Flores complained to the IBO about a catchweight.

We went round and round in circles the other day over this, because you stated it and once again never backed it up, until eventually you admitted it was hearsay and rumour, so let's keep this short and sweet - do you have a link proving that Flores complained to the IBO about having to make catchweight, yes or no?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #65
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Hey when is the IBM v TCBoxa fight starting? Would appreciate it if someone could send me high quality stream.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #66
Max Power
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Nuts to this.

We already have 967 weight divisions and 1000 governing bodies. We don't need to muddy the waters even further with these BS catch weights or "incentives".

The governing bodies should stipulate that no TITLE fight can be fought at catch weight, and no "incentives" can be offered for coming in under.

If you are the champion of a weight division, fight at that weight, or step aside for someone who is willing to.
Max Power is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #67
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Nuts to this.

We already have 967 weight divisions and 1000 governing bodies. We don't need to muddy the waters even further with these BS catch weights or "incentives".

The governing bodies should stipulate that no TITLE fight can be fought at catch weight, and no "incentives" can be offered for coming in under.

If you are the champion of a weight division, fight at that weight, or step aside for someone who is willing to.
great post

Brua, in time my sweet in time n funny sht Cotton lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #68
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

cant believe people are trying to defend this shit.the Perth parasite is a bottomfeeder.
Siaca-inactive last fight at MW a year earlier.5 fights in 5 years reports he had been to re-hab.oh but he beat Mundine in 2004.so he was smoking Mundine out of his hole.
Briggs-3 1/2 years retired oh sorry the IBO called it a layoff.broke reportedly paid 20k in advance for rent and other stuff.
now this.this guys not ranked because hes been too inactive,probably broke.christ what a stellar resume for a world champion.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #69
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Tell me whats the difference between the two scenarios:

Scenario 1. Title is for 80 pounds.
Catch weight agreed is 75 pounds.
If meet catch weight you get $100,000
$10,000 penalty for every pound over agreed catch weight.
If weight 76 pounds get $90,000
77 $80,000
78 $70,000
79 $60,000
80 $50,000

Scenario 2. Title is for 80 pounds.
Get paid $50,000. $10,000 generous inducement for every pound you weight less than 80 pounds.
If weight 1 pound less you get $10,000 extra
If weight 2 pound less you get $20,000 extra
If weight 3 pound less you get $30,000 extra
If weight 4 pound less you get $40,000 extra
If weight 5 pound less you get $50,000 extra

Scenario 1 and 2 are the same thing. Just called different names. This is a catch weight fight with penalties if you weight above the agreed catch weight. Shit by any other name will still stink.

have to agree with this.....
stewy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #70
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Nuts to this.

sums up the whole situation perfectly.....
stewy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #71
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Team Flores has pushed for, and been granted, a series of "bonus clauses" in their fight contract...

"What am I gunna weigh in at?" a coy Flores laughed when pushed on the clause yesterday. "No comment. Right now I'm not worried about weight and I'm not worried about contract clauses. My only concern is taking that IBO world title home to Las Vegas."....

"Oh, I dunno about that," Green laughed. "BJ Flores can weigh in at the cruiserweight limit and earn four times the money I did for my first world title shot. It's a good earn. But he and his team wanted more money. We didn't think he was worth anywhere near what they were asking but said, 'OK, let's make this interesting' ... "
If you haterz and conspiracy theorists are going to treat an article from the Daily Telegraph as gospel, at least take it literally instead of trying to read between the lines and playing games of semantics
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #72
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
great post

Brua, in time my sweet in time n funny sht Cotton lol
So you don't have a source proving your claim that Flores complained to the IBO about a supposed catchweight?

You were quick to post that screenshot of the Q&A with Rafael, in which he stated that he couldn't remmber the exact details of the contract but that it was well below 200lbs. Surely a detail like that wouldn't be hard for Fat Dan to remember?

Oh, and your other source was Flores facebook page

He wouldn't answer questions on FB about the contracted weight, and funnily enough, he remained 'coy' when speaking to the Daily Telegraph, yet he himself states in the pads session video that it would be at 200lbs! Wow, I don't know WHO to believe these days - Facebook or Flores himself on camera!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #73
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

People will look at this different ways depending on there view of green

PPV

$50 for the fight but an early bird special up until the day of the fight and get $10 OFF for $40 pay on the day and get the regular price of $50

or

Normally $40 dollars but if you pay on the day of the fight you are penalised an extra $10 and have to pay $50

Both exactly the same just worded different as Sox said

I am leaning towards green's view on this as BJ can come in at 200lbs if he wants but still a bit how ya going
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #74
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

going good thx ced and u ? lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #75
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
If you haterz and conspiracy theorists are going to treat an article from the Daily Telegraph as gospel, at least take it literally instead of trying to read between the lines and playing games of semantics
So you're happy enough to believe the telegraph when it says that Flores was the one who was pushing for incentives, yet are sceptical when reading stuff from Dan Rafael?

It doesnt take a hater or an agenda driven person to scoff at suggestions that it's Flores who is pushing to fight at a lighter weight.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum