Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #61
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Green vs Flores - WEIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Slightly different as Floyd was the bigger man to begin with and increased his size disparity.

Both guys fight within the Cruiser limit, BJ came in lighter than before. I'm sure he just dried out a little. It's no big deal IMO...

To me the bigger story of the weigh in is whether Danny can carry a career high weight effectively, but anyway...
This.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #62
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
you forgot liar.
FFS man, give it up eh?

You've got your little rant/spiel all ready to copy and paste every time you feel like having a bellyache about Green, it usually involves Green comingoutofretirementtocallmundineoutatLHWthedaybeforemundinewasduetofightayloratMWandjustdeteriorat esfromthere.

Stop your hating, take a deep breath, and enjoy the fact that Green vs Flores will be a very live fight, between 2 blokes at the same weight.

After all your complaining about Green I thought you'd be happy to see him up against a bigger bloke, especially given that Green has weighed in at a career high and may be feeling the effects of the extra weight in the later rounds.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #63
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

I'm not sure what to believe, cos I agree with this post.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
i thought you would see through this.Danny Green is a fraud look at his history.gets beaten by Mundine says he has no excuses on the night,better man won on the night takes it back when he retires.which he said was final never see me come back epiphany,wants to be fit enough to deal with Chlopes boyfriends,comes back calls out MW Mundine.beats RJJ proclaims Mundine is an irrelevant pissant who he doesnt need anymore proceeds to call him out for a CW bout on Anzac day the following February.
Flores didnt choose to weigh in light it was never going to be CW Dannys a con artist.
And I also agree with this......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
You'll notice I rarely post on Green or Mundine threads cos I couldn't really care less to be honest. His lowest weight prior to this was 198.5 lbs. It's his biggest fight, so he was going to be his lightest anyway.

He would've dried out a little, something I'm guessing he doesn't normally have to do, for the sake of a few bucks. That's on him.

I just don't really see it as a big deal to be honest and that's the bottom line...
And even with this one.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Cruiserweight = 175.1lbs to 200lbs

Any weight between those 2 weights is Cruiserweight.

It's a big spread, 24.9lbs, considering the SMW and LHW limits are only 7 pounds apart.

If Green had said Flores had to come in at 180 or 185, then you guys might have a case to argue, but 195lbs is perfectly acceptable as a Cruiserweight.
So I'm probably copping out being a fence sitter.

To me it's more the principle of what Green has done with this incentive BS, I just don't swallow it. I perhaps could have if his last 18 months would have been fairly legit, but as Stiffy said, and as most of us know anyway, his last 18 months have been a bit of a sham.

So call me cynical along with Francis, and although the fight is actually now at a pretty good even weight, the BS incentive idea is a bit of a smoke screen in my eyes. But, not that big of a deal in isolation.

Anyway, good luck to both men, it's about time Green is fighting someone even as heavy as BJ has weighed in at, and good for BJ to take on what is a pretty accomplished fighter in Green.

May the best man win in a good battle tomorrow night.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 AM   #64
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Pics and vid in..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Green looks good. Thick in the chest - at first glance not a lot of difference really.

Oh and BJ gets his junk out.
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 AM   #65
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo1987 View Post
Pics and vid in..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Green looks good. Thick in the chest - at first glance not a lot of difference really.

Oh and BJ gets his junk out.
Cheers sambo - Green looks good carrying the extra weight - not bloated at all, in fact, pretty healthy in the face, which is where bloating shows up first. He looks a beast!

Will be good to see how he handles it in the ring.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #66
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

PS - what's this about Flores being a Mormon? I didn't see any magic symbols on his undies in that video.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #67
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Can a heavier Green last the trip ? I say he can hence my UD prediction Flores will be bright at the start and cruise to a points advantage but then around the 5th Greenie will start landing some serious depth charges on his chin and Flores will get on his bike and the fight will then fizzle out dud style . Just the way I see it , anyone here agree ? Lol
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:21 AM   #68
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Can a heavier Green last the trip ? I say he can hence my UD prediction Flores will be bright at the start and cruise to a points advantage but then around the 5th Greenie will start landing some serious depth charges on his chin and Flores will get on his bike and the fight will then fizzle out dud style . Just the way I see it , anyone here agree ? Lol
This is why you can't win the tipping comp
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #69
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
This is why you can't win the tipping comp
I ain't over yet mate Ps I wanna see your picks up earlier this week , any stupid cunt can go with the general consensus of opinion and put their findings up just before the deadline .
Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 AM   #70
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

bj will get hurt around round 3 and then tire.he then will be a yank and come out with some bravado in the 4th and then green will unleash his guns.green will then knock out this guy in either round 4 or 5......!
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #71
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I disagree Ash. Green will struggle to land the big one on flores who will easily outbox him. People should pop in a tape of Beyer/Green rematch & see how easy it is to outbox Green. As the ol oils song sang.........' short memory must have............shorrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt memory '.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #72
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
pretty much the same. i think theyll trade rounds for the first 4 then green will detonate a few and send the yank running for the remainder. from what ive seen of bj he isnt the skilled boxer you need to be to beat green.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #73
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Experience will be the deciding factor in this fight Rusty , Green will cope with the early onslaught but Flores won't want it back and will be just happy to learn from the fight ie he is skilled enough to stay out of trouble and go the distance but won't trouble Danny after 5 .
Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #74
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Question Re: Green vs Flores - WEIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
I disagree Ash. Green will struggle to land the big one on flores who will easily outbox him. People should pop in a tape of Beyer/Green rematch & see how easy it is to outbox Green. As the ol oils song sang.........' short memory must have............shorrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt memory '.
I said Flores by points....why do you disagree then
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #75
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Sorry I thought you picked Green to stop him. I'm looking forward to this one. Everyones under estimating Flores. As ol Angelo use to say 'Stick n jab son.......stick n jab'.
roscoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum