Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Green has no business at cruiser

First of all congratulations to Green for sticking to a disciplined gameplan and edging out the win.
But that was a terribly boring spectacle, Green obviously doesn't belong at cruiser. He kept a tight guard the entire fight while moving away and tried to avoid any exchanges. When he did land his best shots they had absolutely no effect on Flores. Flores was terrible, constantly moving forward and throwing very little. When Flores did throw and land it had an obvious effect on Green. Flores threw so little and Green fought so defensively yet Greens face was still fairly marked up after the fight.
The problem for Green is that he's not quick or skilled enough to be a force at light heavy and he's not big or strong enough to do anything at cruiser. I can sort of understand his dannyweight fights now.
Green won by moving and jabbing behind the tight guard, Flores was pretty limited when it came to punch variation so that made it easy for Green to time him with the jab. Still if Flores was more active he would've easily beaten Green. A cruiserweight with a good workrate who can punch a little bit would walk straight through Green. After tonight I wouldn't be surprised if if Green never fights a cruiser again, he may even retire again.
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
pegson123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green has no business at cruiser

so i guess if green doesn't belong at cruiser weight and he won than everyone he has beat at cruiser weight also don't belong at cruiser weight.
pegson123 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegson123 View Post
so i guess if green doesn't belong at cruiser weight and he won than everyone he has beat at cruiser weight also don't belong at cruiser weight.
LOL yes!
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegson123 View Post
Everyone at cruiserweight? That equals one fighter, Flores. Flores was the first cruiserweight Danny fought. He looked like shit and that's why he doesn't belong at cruiser, Flores barely threw punches and still caused Green problems despite Green fighting with a perfect gameplan and keeping a tight guard.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
unsigned_userv2
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I'd still favour him against Shane Cameron if that's his next opponent.
unsigned_userv2 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Everyone at cruiserweight? That equals one fighter, Flores. Flores was the first cruiserweight Danny fought. He looked like shit and that's why he doesn't belong at cruiser, Flores barely threw punches and still caused Green problems despite Green fighting with a perfect gameplan and keeping a tight guard.
So where does Flores belong?
I'm trying to keep up but your streets ahead of me with your logic...
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Green caused Flores problems for 12 rounds...what drugs are you on...
Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

I agree, I would like to see Danny fight again at L/Heavyweight people forget he won a genuine title at that weight , he should try his luck against Pascal , Dawson etc this "World title" he is hanging onto is shit really ( Sorry Skinny Phil ) but lets speak the truth here , i could see Danny getting some decent money fights in the states after this fight despite it being shit by all reports , Flores does have a name in the division in the states and this win will get Danny back on the map if that's a path he seriously wants to walk .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
So... Margs has no place at jM/W.. 'cause Pac beat him?
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Seriously Lefty....Green is the current IBO CW Champ (whatever it means it means a lot to Green) and he was defending it against a legit undefeated opponent.
What are you expecting from Green....to flail away with gay abandon looking for a knockout.
I'm sure you have been a big critic of Greens robotic walk up style and now you slag off on a well fought title defense which he clearly won as the better smarter and faster fighter....even if it was as a counter puncher....I guess this display maks him less on e dimensional.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Seriously Lefty....Green is the current IBO CW Champ (whatever it means it means a lot to Green) and he was defending it against a legit undefeated opponent.
What are you expecting from Green....to flail away with gay abandon looking for a knockout.
I'm sure you have been a big critic of Greens robotic walk up style and now you slag off on a well fought title defense which he clearly won as the better smarter and faster fighter....even if it was as a counter puncher....I guess this display maks him less on e dimensional.
Green did show he could box and move better than I have seen in the past
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsigned_userv2 View Post
I'd still favour him against Shane Cameron if that's his next opponent.
Good luck finding someone who remotely thinks Cameron can win.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

even though im a green supporter, i saw this as an extremely well fought out battle, every time bj threw, danny countered with that left jab, and it obviously bothered bj, it was obvious that danny held the cards and he had the power also, i though it was a very good redemption for danny to show that he is a good boxer and intelligent playmaker
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #14
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

edging out a win you fkwit, it was fkn thashing clear as day against a true cruise so how can you say he aint a cruise? fkn moron.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
So where does Flores belong?
I'm trying to keep up but your streets ahead of me with your logic...
At cruiserweight obviously. He's an average fighter, I use the word fighter very loosely. My point is Green obviously had problems with the size and knew he couldn't be aggressive against Flores despite very few punches coming at him.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum