Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Green has no business at cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
So... Margs has no place at jM/W.. 'cause Pac beat him?
What are you on about you dipshit?
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
even though im a green supporter, i saw this as an extremely well fought out battle, every time bj threw, danny countered with that left jab, and it obviously bothered bj, it was obvious that danny held the cards and he had the power also, i though it was a very good redemption for danny to show that he is a good boxer and intelligent playmaker
For the first time Green fought a measured fight instead of the walk and try and knock em out approach....he got marked in the process but barely shaken at any stage.
He didn't walk into a bangin match and I reckon this completely threw Flores.
Each time Flores thought Green was there for a couple of wild thrashing hooks Green had moved clear.
BJ had one fight plan and that was to mix it up with Green but Green wouldn't stay still and srved up stiff sharp jab one after the other.
Flores simply hesitated without a plan B.
This is probably what happens when you have a long layoff and train for a fight style in an opponent which doesn't eventuate.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
For the first time Green fought a measured fight instead of the walk and try and knock em out approach....he got marked in the process but barely shaken at any stage.
Each time Flores thought Green was there for a couple of wild thrashing hooks Green had moved clear.
BJ had one fight plan and that was to mix it up with Green but Green wouldn't stay still and srved up stiff sharp jab one after the other.
This is probably what happens when you have a long layoff and train for a fight style in an opponent which doesn't eventuate.
I guess Flores thought he would play it safe round 12 and throw 9 punches
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
At cruiserweight obviously. He's an average fighter, I use the word fighter very loosely. My point is Green obviously had problems with the size and knew he couldn't be aggressive against Flores despite very few punches coming at him.
Green very neatly and confortably took care of business tonight at CW....I didn't see problem with Flores having a massive reach advantage....Green constantly took him with the jab all night.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #20
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
edging out a win you fkwit, it was fkn thashing clear as day against a true cruise so how can you say he aint a cruise? fkn moron.
That's what you call a thrashing? The fight was an absolute dud mate, Flores was one dimensional and barely threw punches and Green hid in his shell jabbing and trying to keep away. I think it was a tough fight to score, both guys did **** all, I think Green just edged it due to the work he did with his jab. Roy Jones beat a true heavyweight in John Ruiz, does that make Jones a true heavyweight? I don't know why you Green huggers are getting your panties in a bunch, I'm saying Green isn't a cruiserweight and doesn't belong there.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #21
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree, that's why in my first post I said well done to Green for the gameplan. That's the problem, he fought a smart fight and took advantage of his opponents mistakes and yet he still got marked up and in my view barely won against a guy who really didn't throw punches and when he did there was no variety. Green is not cut out for guys the size of Flores.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #22
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Green very neatly and confortably took care of business tonight at CW....I didn't see problem with Flores having a massive reach advantage....Green constantly took him with the jab all night.
Yeah, although he never had a comfortable amount of risk free breathing space. If Flores took time out, to look at Kegsy, who was checking out his Mrs, in the same manner Ashley checks out Austin, things may have been different.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I guess Flores thought he would play it safe round 12 and throw 9 punches
.....and he probably well knew he was way behind on the cards and was thinking..."**** this I wanna have all my faculties tonight when I get on home for some fine poontang with my lady....oh yeahhhhh...."

Ash he was a beaten man and looked like he didn't want to risk total humiliation..after all its only the IBO CW belt.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #24
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
Yeah, although he never had a comfortable amount of risk free breathing space. If Flores took time out, to look at Kegsy, who was checking out his Mrs, in the same manner Ashley checks out Austin, things may have been different.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I agree, that's why in my first post I said well done to Green for the gameplan. That's the problem, he fought a smart fight and took advantage of his opponents mistakes and yet he still got marked up and in my view barely won against a guy who really didn't throw punches and when he did there was no variety. Green is not cut out for guys the size of Flores.
But aren't you glad you got to see Green show soemthing different tonight and take a bigger guy down by countering and moving....don't you see another dimension here, Green as a fighter is evolving in his style?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #26
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
....Kegsy, if you see BJ tomorrow, congratulate him on such a fine spectacle.

Oh, congratulate him on his efforts in tonights fight also.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #27
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But aren't you glad you got to see Green show soemthing different tonight and take a bigger guy down by countering and moving....don't you see another dimension here, Green as a fighter is evolving in his style?
There were a couple of short left hooks that were good but otherwise it was just jab jab hide. Flores didn't exactly cut off the ring, he would just do his little bobbing jumping in thing with his half assed jab and then pause. Flores was an average opponent. Some people called it before the fight but I hadn't seen any fight footage of Flores apart from him against some bum so I thought with his above average hand speed he could beat Green. I didn't realise he had no real skills to count on and a stupidly low workrate.
Green looked as limited as always, nice jab but he's always had that. He still telegraphs the **** out of that right hand and constantly tries to pull the head down and throw uppercuts. He's not evolving mate.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #28
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

lefty i know your not a danny fan and that i am a fan, but i thought that danny showed some real boxing knowledge tonight, his evasive skills were excellent, and the punches he took he wore well, he worked off his jab beautifully without dealing his usual big rights. dont you think that bj may have been scared to confront because he was scared of dannys power? dannys not a clean hitter but from the punches he lands its obvious it has an effect. just my opinion, hope you enjoyed the fight and undercard, i sure did.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
lefty i know your not a danny fan and that i am a fan, but i thought that danny showed some real boxing knowledge tonight, his evasive skills were excellent, and the punches he took he wore well, he worked off his jab beautifully without dealing his usual big rights. dont you think that bj may have been scared to confront because he was scared of dannys power? dannys not a clean hitter but from the punches he lands its obvious it has an effect. just my opinion, hope you enjoyed the fight and undercard, i sure did.
Nah mate, I didn't enjoy the fight at all. I don't know what BJ was thinking, the only time he would open up is in the last 10 seconds of each round. I'm almost certain Flores wasn't worried about what Green had in his punches, when he did get caught he just kept plodding forwards. Green landed his best right hand at one point and you could see Flores thought nothing of it. I thought Green pivoted well out of danger for most of the fight. I also don't think that Green took the punches well, Flores landed a couple of bodyshots that I thought clearly made Green uncomfortable and then Flores didn't throw anymore bodyshots for the rest of the night. I was actually surprised at how marked up Greens face was after the fight, I didn't think Flores landed anything meaningful to Dannys face. If that's evasive against an opponent with a low workrate and low ring iq then I wouldn't like to see Green against a decent cruiserweight. Actually yes I would
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 AM   #30
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

fair enough mate thats your opinion. In my opinion i think bj was thinking that he didnt want to get tagged, when ive spoken to danny, he reckons the hardest hes ever been hit and hurt was against paul smallman, and he didnt have any marks or bruises. but do you think that any cruiser can knock danny out? personally i think the guys got an amazing chin so we will have to be outboxed, therefore cunningham would be an unswise fight for him. but i still thought dannys speed and evasiveness was impressive. just our different opinions i guess. hopefully kats wins but
dawsosj is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum