Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 AM   #46
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75
Default Re: Green has no business at cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
not a fan of either Duke.but if Mundine fans buy the Woods fight now that Mundine has shifted the goalposts and has made it at 160 the Mundiners win.
It's great viewing isn't it!
TheDuke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #47
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

the fight was not a premium or delux fight....it was a standard boxing match.
and thats why i liked it.green had a game plan and adapted to it.bj came to win and had 8 weeks prep for the fight,so he was ready......but green had a better game plan.
as for green fighting at cw.....why not...!jones siaca briggs and now bj flores and me thinks about 6 million bucks richer......cruzer works for him.
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:02 AM   #48
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

one thing i noticed was that from the start of the fight to the finish green looked extremely nervous. far beyond anything i'd seen from him before. but considering the big lump that he was fighting it is understandable i suppose.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #49
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Only 1 of those fighters is a cruiserweight
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #50
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Steve Cunningham would post a shutout against Green.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #51
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
the fight was not a premium or delux fight....it was a standard boxing match.
and thats why i liked it.green had a game plan and adapted to it.bj came to win and had 8 weeks prep for the fight,so he was ready......but green had a better game plan.
as for green fighting at cw.....why not...!jones siaca briggs and now bj flores and me thinks about 6 million bucks richer......cruzer works for him.
Jones and Siaca aren't even proper light heavies and Briggs is a naturally small light heavy who probably could've made super middle before his retirement. Flores was Greens first cruiser fight, he won and congratulations to him but cruiserweight isn't his weight class, without his power he is going to have to fight cautiously and avoid risks like he did last night.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #52
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Steve Cunningham would post a shutout against Green.
Hence why Green wont go near him or Marco Huck.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #53
jjamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsigned_userv2 View Post
I'd still favour him against Shane Cameron if that's his next opponent.
Cameron is a minor in CW and let him fight first against Adam F or some one else that he can proof himself. Danny will finish him within 8 rounds. The amount of weight Shane drop from heavy to CW have a great effect on him and he even battle to win last night.
jjamc is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #54
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

styleistically cunningham would be a terrible fight for danny, huck would be better it would be a knockout decision thats for sure
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

As an old Greyhound trainer, we often got advise from punters about what would be good for our dogs. Occasionally it made sense, but only if they knew the pitfalls the dog faced.

I tend to think in this case, what's obvious to us, is obvious to them (Green camp). That Danny would seem much better suited to LH.
So what are the pitfalls that we don't know about?

In reflection, we know that Green suffered a massive dose of Metabolic acidosis. It's a problem that often faces Greyhounds.
It generally comes when an athelete (two of fourlegged) that has no residual "Give up" mechanism. They over extend themselves & without the "give up" mechanism their metabolism suffers a catastophic collapse, which can severley damage the Kidneys.
If this is not attended to immediateley, death can result.
I have seen Greyhounds die in the washdown straight after a race from inappropriate treatment.
It's no minor dose of the flu.

It can often mean that to continue in a focused sport, once the metabolic balance has (Artificially) been recified, it needs contant monitoring. It's not something that will go away if you continue to extend the exersion level of your system.

So, it would appear to me, that the obvious, is this residual effect of his contraction of MA.
It would appear that they (Medical staff) have balanced the process by carrying extra weight, that can carry more electrolytes & work below the normal "Die in the ring" levels.
Hence CW.

JMO

Last edited by Rodin; 11-19-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #56
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

fully agree rodin,we dont know what we dont know....but if people think green has no buisness at cruzer.....then....SHOW HIM THE MONEY AND PICK UP HIS STRAP...!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #57
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Jones and Siaca aren't even proper light heavies and Briggs is a naturally small light heavy who probably could've made super middle before his retirement. Flores was Greens first cruiser fight, he won and congratulations to him but cruiserweight isn't his weight class, without his power he is going to have to fight cautiously and avoid risks like he did last night.
I agree re: Siaca - he's a career MW/SMW, but Jones and Briggs both campained successfully and for long enough at LHW that I'd consider them legit in that division.

I would be happier seeing Green back at LHW, he's definitely not a CW.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #58
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Interesting stuff Rodin, I had heard he suffered some sort of condition that required his diet to be overhauled when he took up weith the Eels fitness team - he had to remove a lot of sugar from his diet (I remember him saying he was the Red Skin king in regard to the lollies he would eat during training) so I thought it was along the lines of diabetes - is metabolic acidosis a similar thing?

Also, does it have anything to do with his meltdown against Sullivan?

Do you think it would be physically unsafe for him to fight at LHW due to this condition?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #59
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I agree re: Siaca - he's a career MW/SMW, but Jones and Briggs both campained successfully and for long enough at LHW that I'd consider them legit in that division.

I would be happier seeing Green back at LHW, he's definitely not a CW.
I don't think he will go back down mate...he's got the IBO world title and thats a nice strap to get the big names down here....looks to be working so far.

If Green gets beat by a CW then maybe but for the moment hes smashed or boxed better than all hes faced....if he beat Flores that easy he can compete at CW

I don't know why everybody is saying green needs to fight the top 2 guys in the division or leave.....where does it say he's got to be number 1 at CW?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #60
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Id be pretty sure Rodin was referring to the Sullivan meltdown.

But then again the body is a great healing machine and most damage that has been done on a once-off basis can be relatively well reversed.

Prior to adding the weight for Flores, I dont think Green would have had to overextend himself to make the LHW limit. Even with the MA he could have reached it relatively well.

I dont think weight was much of an issue here. IMO it was more that when he un-retired, he wanted the quickest path to a title. In LHW he would have had to face quite a few dangerous opponents before he even had a chance at getting his hands on any of the titles there. at CW the IBO offered him a 2 fight path to a vacant title. Why fight 4 or 5 dangerous opponents when 2 easy ones will get you a title.

Once he had a title in his hands he had much more pulling power and enabled him to set up a few big money fights.
Hmmm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum