Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #61
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Garth wood

Wasn't his excuse for not accepting the Golovkin fight was because he wanted to pursue his career at 154lbs, and now the Woods fight is at 160lbs..Ah, there really is no limit to how corrupt Mundine can be eh. It will be a great day for Australian boxing when he retires. Roll on Geale-Sylvester, an actual relevant fight!
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #62
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Interesting to hear Garth Wood say on the Radio Ringside show tonight that Khoder Nasser had told Wood's team the bout was off, and then only after protracted negotiations was the bout reinstated, but not before they'd negotiated it away from the previously agreed (via The Contender series) super middleweight middleweight, down to middleweight.

Not satisfied they're fighting a relative nobody with very few ring rounds experience, they obviously also want to screw the guy out of any remote chance he might have of making it anything more than a farce.

And isn't another farce just what Mundine's record needs, not to mention Australian boxing.

Sure Wood picks up $100k extra for the weight change, but is there any limit to the morally bankrupt behavior of team Mundine, and in particular Khoder Nasser?
why does this surprise you? the changing of the weight from 154 to 160 at the zero hour before Medley,the Golovkin duck he will go through the rest of his career undefeated.and obviously schmucks are still paying for it.
the fact Mundine-Woods is on live PPV and VICS fight is on delay and Hopkins-Pascal isnt even on the Main Event
website they may not even show it.what a joke.oh well people must be still watching good luck to him.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #63
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Interesting to hear Garth Wood say on the Radio Ringside show tonight that Khoder Nasser had told Wood's team the bout was off, and then only after protracted negotiations was the bout reinstated, but not before they'd negotiated it away from the previously agreed (via The Contender series) super middleweight middleweight, down to middleweight.

Not satisfied they're fighting a relative nobody with very few ring rounds experience, they obviously also want to screw the guy out of any remote chance he might have of making it anything more than a farce.

And isn't another farce just what Mundine's record needs, not to mention Australian boxing.

Sure Wood picks up $100k extra for the weight change, but is there any limit to the morally bankrupt behavior of team Mundine, and in particular Khoder Nasser?
**** me sideways, what is wrong with MW? mandy is currently JMW, i bet you would struggle to add 2 and 2 even with a calculator
Garth is comfortable at MW, mandy is only going to mw so that the fight can happen, then it'l be straight back to JMW

In saying that its not a great fight, mandy is wasting his time and at 35 hasnt got time to waste, i totally agree, but for anyone thinking mandy should have had to come back to smw, put your head under a truck tire
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #64
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #65
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Its like this..

Garth is a bit of a freak, he posses KO Power in his hands and Mandy is worried that a stray unorthadox Woods Tackle punch is going to Ottke him to sleep so they do this weight bullsht to make woods come in weaker. They ALL play this dam trick from Green to Mundine to the amateurs in the league.

Some may say 2kg isnt that much but i tell you now when you are already in your natrual division 2kg is a fckn tone and will make you weak in the legs after a couple of rounds if you do not loose the weight progressivly over a period of time even then it takes time to regain your strength back.

Mundine should outbox Woods easy but looking at woods i can see a freaky shot hurting mundine, i can see Woods getting dirty and doing all he can to win this fight, mundine is doing this because he is a coward, he should keep his word, it wasnt this weight division for the contender but i guess he learnt something from Danny Green, incentives/Money will do wonders for you when it comes to negotiations for a fight.

Garth should have told him to go fark himself and fight at the orignal agreed limit, if Mandy said ok then fights off he should run to the media then demand more money as it will be bigger than Green Mundine.

Then again some say this is all staged, family friend, was hand picked and helped to win the contender, i dont know and i dnt care the BJ sht still got my head done in and im just happy to sit back and watch and read what u girls have to say
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:13 AM   #66
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Not that I'm defending the bout by any means (I actually think it's shit to be frank) but you can't blame Garth Wood for accepting the fight at Middleweight for an extra $100k.

That's $350k minimum purse for him to fight Mundine, a far better result than Geale / Waters / Medley / Hamdan etc all would have received and I'm not criticising their purses either.

It's pretty simple maths really. $350k to a bloke who's had 10 fights or whatever he's had in his career thus far. I know plenty of boxers that have had 30 fights in their career and wouldn't have earned $350k total!

Blokes don't even get that for world-title shots, (and most champions for defending for that matter!) **** me, it's the result of the century for Garth, for fundamentally what is a shit fight in my opinion!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #67
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

can anyone see a technical draw in this fight with garths head chopping up mundines high boned eyebrows , could be accidental or illegal but a good story to tell ya great grandkids '' i got a draw with mundine ''.
perko is online now  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #68
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post
**** me sideways, what is wrong with MW? mandy is currently JMW, i bet you would struggle to add 2 and 2 even with a calculator
Garth is comfortable at MW, mandy is only going to mw so that the fight can happen, then it'l be straight back to JMW

In saying that its not a great fight, mandy is wasting his time and at 35 hasnt got time to waste, i totally agree, but for anyone thinking mandy should have had to come back to smw, put your head under a truck tire

Wood has 35 rounds total ring experience. Is coming up against a 10 year veteran who's fought for world titles, at a middleweight, where Wood's never fought at before - and you say 'what's wrong with middleweight?'

Every time you post you look sillier than the last time Biajoli.

Next you'll be saying Choc could unify world titles if he wanted to!

....oh, that's right, you already did - LMFAO!!

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 12-03-2010 at 02:37 AM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #69
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Not that I'm defending the bout by any means (I actually think it's shit to be frank) but you can't blame Garth Wood for accepting the fight at Middleweight for an extra $100k.

That's $350k minimum purse for him to fight Mundine, a far better result than Geale / Waters / Medley / Hamdan etc all would have received and I'm not criticising their purses either.

It's pretty simple maths really. $350k to a bloke who's had 10 fights or whatever he's had in his career thus far. I know plenty of boxers that have had 30 fights in their career and wouldn't have earned $350k total!

Blokes don't even get that for world-title shots, (and most champions for defending for that matter!) **** me, it's the result of the century for Garth, for fundamentally what is a shit fight in my opinion!
glad to hear Woods is getting an extra 100k for the weight change.seemed like a nice guy on The Contender who was divorced and wanted to provide a nice nest egg for his kids future.Mundine at 160 would beat Woods 168
anyway IMO but its good to see Garth getting an extra 100k of Mandys money.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 03:22 AM   #70
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Is it a solid fact that Woods has to come down in wight or is it the case that The Pioneer has set the weight limit and awoods simply agreed and takes the cash to not argue?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #71
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post

Spot on. Word for word...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 AM   #72
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

350k is fukn crazy money for wood to be earning
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #73
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Is it a solid fact that Woods has to come down in wight or is it the case that The Pioneer has set the weight limit and awoods simply agreed and takes the cash to not argue?

Not being a smart ass Box, but the end result to your point is still the same isn't it?
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 AM   #74
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Wood has 35 rounds total ring experience. Is coming up against a 10 year veteran who's fought for world titles, at a middleweight, where Wood's never fought at before - and you say 'what's wrong with middleweight?'

Every time you post you look sillier than the last time Biajoli.

Next you'll be saying Choc could unify world titles if he wanted to!

....oh, that's right, you already did - LMFAO!!
Maybe in your worth nothin oppinion, your a total sped with nothing between your ears, you can unify the world ****wit championship, you just need to take on sally and your done,
biajoli is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #75
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by biajoli View Post
Maybe in your worth nothin oppinion, your a total sped with nothing between your ears, you can unify the world ****wit championship, you just need to take on sally and your done,

When I read your ridiculous early posts I thought: This guy cannot be serious!

Little did I realize at the time you actually were - LOL.

Keep leading with your chin and you'll continue to get owned nuthugger.

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 12-03-2010 at 07:58 AM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum