Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Flores - who gave Australia's IBO cruiserweight champ his toughest fight since emerging from retirement two years ago - is tipped to be back in Australia next year fighting on a Green Machine Promotions event.

While the outgoing Las Vegan is gunning for a rematch with the West Australian, it's understood contract clauses insist he would have to excel in one or two undercard events before any talk of a second title shot.

"But I'd fight Danny Green again next month," Flores said when cornered at Perth airport yesterday.

"I know Markus Beyer gave him a rematch so, having made so many fans here in Australia, maybe Team Green could do the same with me - but this time at a bigger stadium in Sydney.

"You only had to see Danny after the bout to know what sort of fight I gave him. Check out his eye, his cheek, his jaw. I'm keen to get us fighting again and if, as part of our contract, that means me fighting on one of his undercards, I'd love to do it."


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What do you guys think about this? BJ wants more money again ?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

"You only had to see Danny after the bout to know what sort of fight I gave him."

lol...ok


Look i liked BJ and was hoping he would win, but he simply just cruised and was happy to just survive, He does not deserve a rematch, As for Green Vs Beyer, There had to be a rematch after the heat surounding the first fight.

Who would buy a rematch??
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,240
vCash: 1325
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Interesting.

I wonder how a rematch would pan out?

Was Green genuinely intimidated by the bigger Flores, or was he holding back and fighting safe, deliberately going the distance to make up for the Briggs fiasco and also to test himself at a career-high weight? Perhaps he also fought safe to entice some of the other name CW's in the world down here as future opponents?

I know Tsyu did that with Tackie - went the 12 because critics were claiming he was nothing but a banger and hod no technical skills (and no, I'm not comparing Green to Tszyu here, just comparing these 2 fights - coincidentally, Green fought on the Tszyu undercard for the Tackie fight).

Is it a case of Green being capable of dropping the hammer and going for the KO in a rematch? He's got a good chin, but as had been said, he was marked up after the fight and Flores isn't known for his power...
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Was there a press release the day after? I cant seem to find a pic of what Danny looks like the next day. I was watching a video on the perth news website and towards the end the reporter says its Rumord that Flores has a contract clause for a rematch next year. Given how greedy Flores is with taking the incentives and his undies off etc for more money i rekon Flores will be back, he cant get the same coin in USA that Dannys paid him for the other night and now he has a taste of the Green he wants some more lol

Some guys in USA may now want to fight Danny, looking at him boxing they may think they can outbox him, u might be onto something Brua but i honestly thnk Dannys winding down, another 2-3 yrs max he will retire again.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Interesting.

I wonder how a rematch would pan out?

Was Green genuinely intimidated by the bigger Flores, or was he holding back and fighting safe, deliberately going the distance to make up for the Briggs fiasco and also to test himself at a career-high weight? Perhaps he also fought safe to entice some of the other name CW's in the world down here as future opponents?

I know Tsyu did that with Tackie - went the 12 because critics were claiming he was nothing but a banger and hod no technical skills (and no, I'm not comparing Green to Tszyu here, just comparing these 2 fights - coincidentally, Green fought on the Tszyu undercard for the Tackie fight).

Is it a case of Green being capable of dropping the hammer and going for the KO in a rematch? He's got a good chin, but as had been said, he was marked up after the fight and Flores isn't known for his power...
I don't think Green was holding back, though I do think he was lucky BJ was tentative.
I saw BJ as the slightly more skilled fighter, and if he had of let his hands go more, he could have won.

BJ knows what he did wrong, and Green didn't do anything wrong.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Was there a press release the day after? I cant seem to find a pic of what Danny looks like the next day. I was watching a video on the perth news website and towards the end the reporter says its Rumord that Flores has a contract clause for a rematch next year. Given how greedy Flores is with taking the incentives and his undies off etc for more money i rekon Flores will be back, he cant get the same coin in USA that Dannys paid him for the other night and now he has a taste of the Green he wants some more lol

How long you been waiting to use that?
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

It just come to me as i was writing it to be honest Rooster lol, i think BJ is a greedy man and just wants to play safe and earn money in terms of boxing. i had a laugh to myself after id wrote it as it could be construde in two ways and didnt realise it until after id wrote and rechecked.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Erko
Posts: 843
vCash: 1000
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Flores can obviously make more money out here than back home, but I don't see how any future underfights could generate him too much, he had his shot and lost.
I think Danny was wary of Flores, but played it smart and safe, he didn;t fight they way they would have expected or planned for, if they met again, and it was not for the title I think Danny might unleash a bit more, I didn't see anything from Flores that would pose a big issue, although if they fought, but not for a title Flores would come in much bigger and that could make the difference if he managed to actually connect with something decent. . .
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
It just come to me as i was writing it to be honest Rooster lol, i think BJ is a greedy man and just wants to play safe and earn money in terms of boxing. i had a laugh to myself after id wrote it as it could be construde in two ways and didnt realise it until after id wrote and rechecked.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

A few fights ago Flores was fighting for $25. He had opportunities to fight Cunnungham and Adamek for titles but declined them.

He made, what, about $200k fighting Green? Add what he'll make on a couple of undercards with another couple of hundred in a rematch and he'll end up making around $500k on Green's payroll. Not a bad earn for a guy who still fights like an amateur.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 1000
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
A few fights ago Flores was fighting for $25. He had opportunities to fight Cunnungham and Adamek for titles but declined them.

He made, what, about $200k fighting Green? Add what he'll make on a couple of undercards with another couple of hundred in a rematch and he'll end up making around $500k on Green's payroll. Not a bad earn for a guy who still fights like an amateur.
I dont want to see a rematch if the fight goes down the same road

If Flores comes out here and stops Vea, Cameron and the like then maybe....IMO cant see him getting $25,000 to fight these guys plus travel.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 1090
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Well said ashley, you were due for a good performance.
I actually wouldnt mind seeing him against vea or cameron.
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
biajoli
Prestige... Worldwide
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Agreed with Ash, if he came out and KO Vea or similar then maybe, but not interested in a rematch.. the whole thing leaves a bit of an orchastred feel to me, was very weird to watch, neither seemed to really want to press. BJ didnt look like he cared or even wanted to win. Would like to see green in LHW press for a real title, and flores, well happy for him to fight a few local aussies in CW, dont see him threatining for a real title unless he gets some mongrel in him.
biajoli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I dont want to see a rematch if the fight goes down the same road

If Flores comes out here and stops Vea, Cameron and the like then maybe....IMO cant see him getting $25,000 to fight these guys plus travel.
I agree. I don't want to see Flores "fight" here again. If he was on a couple of undercards I think they would be easy wins so that the rematch gets good hype, so I reckon fights with Vea or Cameron would be out of the question as it may not go to script.

Biajoli, I also agree that it did feel a bit orchestrated. Neither guy pressed and it seemed as though Green was pulling his hook on purpose. Another Green Machine Pantomime.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 850
Default Re: BJ Flores vs Danny Green Rematch Clause?

I would like to see Flores on an undercard or 2 in the future.
Bring out as many yanks as possible, it's good practice to build a countries rep.
Admittedly there gave been a few journeyman recently but all looked like they came to fight.
With the Aussie dollar hitting parity and set to remain there opportunity for decent boxing paydays may well be a thing of the past.
The last 12 to 18 months had demonstrated that if a promotion here is professionally set up and the pay day is right Aussie fight nights are set to get bigger.
Maybe even a return to the golden days of Aussie boxing over the next decade.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013