Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #16
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: The Real Deal Geale....

I did not see Geales last fight but Sebastian is puss.

Geale needs to go get that tiger
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #17
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Not really they will need some serious massive dough to outbid Sauerland.
I dont think its viable, however maybe Grange are saving some money based on the extremely poor FOX card they are putting on next week (FOX's final card for the year) which prob cost them less then 10k.
Tend to agree.....Its going to need lots of cash....purse bid is 75% to the champ I think

Sauerland could bet $1,000,000 and only be paying out $250,000 to Geale
while Grange will need to pay $750,000 to the champ if they were going to win it at that price.....thats a hill too far considering........oh dont matter

I read Sturm gets $1.5 Euros a fight....not sure Sylvester gets that much

The guys are better off saving the cash and go crash his party overseas.....mind you TV rights in Germany would be big.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Tend to agree.....Its going to need lots of cash....purse bid is 75% to the champ I think

Sauerland could bet $1,000,000 and only be paying out $250,000 to Geale
while Grange will need to pay $750,000 to the champ if they were going to win it at that price.....thats a hill too far considering........oh dont matter

I read Sturm gets $1.5 Euros a fight....not sure Sylvester gets that much

The guys are better off saving the cash and go crash his party overseas.....mind you TV rights in Germany would be big.
Maybe Grange can offer some incentive to Sauerland to stage the bout in Australia, tho very doubtful.
Perhaps a Sauerland fighter vs Grange/Aussie based fighter theme with at least 3 or 4 other matches besides the main event like this.
Would be an impressive event, tho probably doubtful & would need Sauerland to be guaranteed 2 or 3 options on Geale should he win.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post

You should get a copy, 'twas a work of art my friend.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #20
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I think the only way Grange can get Sylvester to fight in oz is if they agree to future options at Sauerland's request. They don't have the finances to compete with Sauerland if it goes to purse bids, infact i don't think it will even go to purse bids, i think Sauerland will strike a deal with Grange well before the purse bid is called by the IBF and the fight will in all likelihood be in Germany. As regards the options i meant, they might agree to have it in oz but if Geale wins he would have to rematch Sylvester in Germany or defend against another sauerland fighter, or they might want a percentage of Geale's income for his next few fights, thats a very bad deal to get into though if it arises. He is gonna have to go Germany to win this fight in my opinion and i think he can beat Sylvester in Germany.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #21
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
I think the only way Grange can get Sylvester to fight in oz is if they agree to future options at Sauerland's request. They don't have the finances to compete with Sauerland if it goes to purse bids, infact i don't think it will even go to purse bids, i think Sauerland will strike a deal with Grange well before the purse bid is called by the IBF and the fight will in all likelihood be in Germany. As regards the options i meant, they might agree to have it in oz but if Geale wins he would have to rematch Sylvester in Germany or defend against another sauerland fighter, or they might want a percentage of Geale's income for his next few fights, thats a very bad deal to get into though if it arises. He is gonna have to go Germany to win this fight in my opinion and i think he can beat Sylvester in Germany.
Exactly, if the fight is somehow in Australia, expect a similar deal to David Haye where Geale's next 3 fights, a percentage goes to Sauerland.
However i doubt this as Geale is no where near the draw, to what David Haye is in the UK.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Spot on mate! Gealey always conducts himself like a true gentleman, inside and outside of the ring. He is one of the best fighters to represent our county along with Katz!
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #23
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post

he was superb stopped Karmazin with not long to go.havent seen Sebastian but if he won SD with Karmarzin logic says DG has a very good chance.Germany is the only snag.you missed the Oct 31 card.LZ was awesome too.2 Aussies are bringing home IBF belts Teke.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #24
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
he was superb stopped Karmazin with not long to go.havent seen Sebastian but if he won SD with Karmarzin logic says DG has a very good chance.Germany is the only snag.you missed the Oct 31 card.LZ was awesome too.2 Aussies are bringing home IBF belts Teke.
Geale would definitely need to be favored over Sylvester.

The SD win over Karmazin is widely considered a robbery.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #25
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geale did an awesome job on Karmazin, and may have to do even better to ensure a win OS and I would be very surprised if the next fight is here.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 04:09 AM   #26
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

It would be great to see geale & Zappa bring back the belts, they deserve more media hype,
raff is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 04:50 AM   #27
TheBigPayback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Hope so...couldnt happen to a nicer bloke.

Maybe Sergio Martinez vs Geale in late 2011.
Anybody else BUT Martinez...
TheBigPayback is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #28
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigPayback View Post
Anybody else BUT Martinez...

I agree mate after today.
Stay away from Martinez for a while.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #29
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sauerland are pro's when it comes to promoting world title fights and they will try to **** the inexperienced Grange and Geale over in so many ways before they even get in the ring. They have a history of doing it. Sylvester is probably the least talented in their stable so they know they have to pull out all the stops to make sure he wins. Geale can win on points there but he will have to be so dominant to do so, he will have to convincingly boss every round because he wont get the close rounds and im sure he knows that too. But Sylvester is definetley beatable and Geale has to win this because i can't see him beating Martinez or Pirog for the other titles. He has a great chance to become a titleist in a stacked division, with Golovkin, Lemieux in the mix too, he won't get a better chance to become a world champion.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #30
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Just goin off thread here a bit but if Katsidis beats Marquez and Lenny Z beats Vasquez if they meet, it then becomes very likely that the clamour for Katsidis v Lenny Z becomes huge. Would it be the 1st time in history that 2 aussies fight in a unification bout? With the right promotion that fight could be the biggest in australian history. Sadly though i think Marquez will stop Katsidis in the 9th or 10th next weekend in a very fast paced fight. Anyway just wanted to ask that.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum