Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
BlaccRoccy
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Arrow fIGHTERS ONLY( WHAT WERE THE RESULTS OF YOUR 1ST TIME YOU EVER SPARRED

Ps be honest if you lost tell a story about how you lost and what happened if you won and domminated tell the story u can brag about what happened if you got in a legendary brawl tell dat story 2 if you somehow ko'ed someone when u 1st sparred tell dat story 2 basically post what happen during your 1st ever spar, u kno da one im talking about the one when you were juss begining boxing
BlaccRoccy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default Re: fIGHTERS ONLY( WHAT WERE THE RESULTS OF YOUR 1ST TIME YOU EVER SPARRED

I got in with a guy about 60 pds heavier than me, I had no idea I was sparring that day haha. I did pretty well, was just overwhelmed since he through so many punches and I felt pretty down on myself since I felt I could do better
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
di tullio
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 268
Default Re: fIGHTERS ONLY( WHAT WERE THE RESULTS OF YOUR 1ST TIME YOU EVER SPARRED

I can't remember exactly the first one, but my dad wanted my two brothers and I to be boxers so we sparred each other. We had one of those makeshift rings, cheap gloves, and karate head gear. One time I stood with my feet exactly parallel to my shoulders, got punched, and broke my fall with my ass.
di tullio is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

I was patiently being taught by my amateur friend who only had these little gloves for me available at the time. He held back pretty well and I got very lightly stunned for the first time when he got frustrated at my over eagerness to wail haha. I landed a few, learned what it was to get it, to miss, to be overwhelmed, but also to think.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

wow i cant remember the first time i sparred but my latest memory i was probs about 6-7 at my step dads gym and me and brother who was 10 used spar we used realy try beat each other up i used to stand on his feet and push so it looked like a knock down we used always argue about who got the big gloves.looking back now i wish i would have let him have them
just put a big smile on my face thinking back that far TOP THREAD
anthony jr is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #6
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Sparred with my mate who was a big rugby player and a pretty decent scrapper. He roughed me up a bit but I never and stopped and fought back with my all, took some hiding though in the end.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Can't recall the exact first time. I do remember it was very scary at first, defence seemed impossible. Didn't see things coming, was stiff as a mother****er because of fear / nerves, etc.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Got put on my arse from a left hook by a guy a few yaers older than me....taken alot from him over time but recently been getting even.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
bloodoodyalways

vCash: 1000

a mate at school was an acclompshed am boxer and invited me down.lacing up i was full of nerves and didnt hear a word the trainer said(something about left hands only lol),bell went,he came out with a steady jab and i went mental throwing hook after hook and laid into him with the trainer jumping over ropes screaming "LEFT HANDS ONLY,LEFT HANDS ONLY..WHOOOAA".got a bit carried away and my mate said he actually saw the little dickie birds round his head : ) went downhill from there ; 0
bloodoodyalways is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodoodyalways View Post
a mate at school was an acclompshed am boxer and invited me down.lacing up i was full of nerves and didnt hear a word the trainer said(something about left hands only lol),bell went,he came out with a steady jab and i went mental throwing hook after hook and laid into him with the trainer jumping over ropes screaming "LEFT HANDS ONLY,LEFT HANDS ONLY..WHOOOAA".got a bit carried away and my mate said he actually saw the little dickie birds round his head : ) went downhill from there ; 0
How old were you, ten?
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
billy boy balbo

i was 12 first time i sparred,went in against a 16 year old who had had a few fights.i remember just throwing lots and lots of hooks but obviously not hurting the guy because of the age difference ,to be honest i came out on top that time but in the very next spar i went in throwing big hooks again only this time they didnt land and i was outboxed and made to look like a fool :(
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
colin7878
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 190

I was getting my ass kicked till i threw a dumb little uppercut to the kids chest and knocked the wind out of him
colin7878 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #13
StickyBandits
Belt holder
ESB Addict

A little less than a year ago... 3X3 rounds of me getting my ass kicked. I remember him hitting me at will with the jab and then I got really pissed and decided to throw wild haymakers only to get the shit kicked out of me even more . Good times...definitely a humbling experience.
StickyBandits is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #14
Panthers89
Mr. Big Dreams
ESB Jr Member

Post Re: fIGHTERS ONLY( WHAT WERE THE RESULTS OF YOUR 1ST TIME YOU EVER SPARRED

well mi first sparring session lasted just one round.
i was in with another amateur who had about 11 fights and was a cruiseerweight i thing. I was tight as hell the whole fight so i was telegraphin everything i did, he busted my lip with a constant jab the whole round, but instead of it getting me down, i told him i wanted to go again.
Panthers89 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

got thrown in with the gyms featherweight who is one the gyms best. Im a WW so he was giving me a lot of movement and seemed so quick. I was nervous cus he was timing me and countering the shit out of me he never engaged but he worked with me and had mercy until the end when i landed a flush straight left and he landed a nasty uppercut and gave me a shiner.

good stuff
evalistinho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing