Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default interesting interview with Lebziak on the performance of the Russian team

The head coach of the Russian national team Alexandr Lebziak is not happy with the quality of boxing demonstrated by his athletes at the world championships in Chicago.

-"It's good that we won some medals, but I am not completely happy with the quality of boxing shown. I am not happy with the attitude of several athletes. Many arrive at national training camps, not having done anything at home, completely unprepared. Then they immediatly go to the doctor to complain of injuries. As a result, they cannot do the trainings we require of them. "

-"We will have a very long discussion about this. We will solve the problem in a very strict way - they will not get paid. Members of the national team do not belong to themselves, since they get money for their performances, and the money is good, you can trust me on that. Therefore, they must get into the ring not only to finish the match. If they don't show results - then they won't get paid."
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166
Default Re: interesting interview with Lebziak on the performance of the Russian team

Yeah, I bet he is pissed off and rightfully so.

Last edited by Rock0052; 09-03-2006 at 01:05 AM.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: interesting interview with Lebziak on the performance of the Russian team

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47
The head coach of the Russian national team Alexandr Lebziak is not happy with the quality of boxing demonstrated by his athletes at the world championships in Chicago.

-"It's good that we won some medals, but I am not completely happy with the quality of boxing shown. I am not happy with the attitude of several athletes. Many arrive at national training camps, not having done anything at home, completely unprepared. Then they immediatly go to the doctor to complain of injuries. As a result, they cannot do the trainings we require of them. "

-"We will have a very long discussion about this. We will solve the problem in a very strict way - they will not get paid. Members of the national team do not belong to themselves, since they get money for their performances, and the money is good, you can trust me on that. Therefore, they must get into the ring not only to finish the match. If they don't show results - then they won't get paid."
Lebziak would have been a great pro IMO.I know that he turned pro,but he was past his prime and only fought twice in the paid ranks.
During his long and very successful amateur career he beat them all:Ottke,DM,Gomez,and so on.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member

was he the one that beat danny green in the 2000 olympics
Bobby is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
was he the one that beat danny green in the 2000 olympics
Yes, he RSCd him in 4.
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47
Yes, he RSCd him in 4.
How many times did Lebziak beat Ottke at the amateurs,avk?
I am absolutely positive that he beat him at least 4 times then,but I dont known the exact number of defeats Ottke suffered at the hands of his old amateur nemesis Lebziak!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #7
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

I know of 4 meetings - 2 wins for Ottke, 2 wins for Lebziak
Ottke beat Lebziak in their first meeting 1991 at the European Championships, he lost to Lebziak later that year at the World Championships. He lost to him once in 1992 and beat him at the World Championships 1993. All point decisions and all fights at middleweight.
NBT is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum