Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Duran of Montreal vs Pac-Man at 140-147

I love Pac-man but do not see him being the force than Duran was at 140-147 but Pac is consistently better trained.

In a fight between the 2 in top condition and Prime who wins and why.
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: Duran of Montreal vs Pac-Man at 140-147

Pac is a strange guy. He has tremendous achievements but h2h I do not fancy him against the best the divisions have to offer he fought in. And neither does he rank anywhere near the top in any of the divisions he fought in. He also lacks a great resume. But his achievements are awesome. Somehow this doesnŽt get together.

IŽd pick Roberto to beat Manny.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Pacquiao is, as far as I'm concerned, a natural super-feather. No smaller man is going to beat Duran -particularly the beast that went to Canada. It would be interesting, but Pacquaio has holes in his defense and makes mistakes.

A post script: I think that he is now declining -since Clottey anyway, in terms of speed and technique.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hot as Manny may be, I just can't see how he would top Duran, esp. the Montreal version. Not to say that it wouldn't be a good fight while it lasted, but I see Duran taking it late through his all-around talent.
laxpdx is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
I love Pac-man but do not see him being the force than Duran was at 140-147 but Pac is consistently better trained.

In a fight between the 2 in top condition and Prime who wins and why.
This was done in the general forum & most picked Duran, a few morons picked Pacquiao but Duran was the popular choice... Im guessing if the general can pick correct, so can the classic section.

Duran by KO in this case is my pick.... No way Pacman survives vs the possessed Montreal Duran.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Pac is a strange guy. He has tremendous achievements but h2h I do not fancy him against the best the divisions have to offer he fought in. And neither does he rank anywhere near the top in any of the divisions he fought in. He also lacks a great resume. But his achievements are awesome. Somehow this doesnŽt get together.

IŽd pick Roberto to beat Manny.
I'd pick very few fighters to beat Duran,the way he was in Montreal. As good as Pacquiao undeniably is,I'd select Roberto in this match up.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #7
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Duran late TKO. (within 12)

Pac is no Leonard, he will not survive the onslaught.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

I easily favor Duran...but my opinion of how well the best version of Manny might do has been getting more and more respectful by the year. I even think in a 12-rounder, he might, just might go the distance with Duran. Which I would have laughed at a year ago.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #9
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Manny gets suffocated in Violence & if the 6th/7th/8th rounds against Margo are yer yardstick does anyone seriously believe that Duran would have let Manny escape brutal mid rounds beatdown as he'd have chopped Manny in half, just compare a slow plodding Margo hurting Pac & Duran's phychotic assaults on Leonard when he slipped Leonards fast left lead/hooks & smashed him into the ropes & there's only one obvious outcome..Duran TKO or KO..he'd cripple Manny & once he's got manny semi-static then it's over...if anything i recken Roach would jump in with the towel
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #10
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Manny gets suffocated in Violence & if the 6th/7th/8th rounds against Margo are yer yardstick does anyone seriously believe that Duran would have let Manny escape brutal mid rounds beatdown as he'd have chopped Manny in half, just compare a slow plodding Margo hurting Pac & Duran's phychotic assaults on Leonard when he slipped Leonards fast left lead/hooks & smashed him into the ropes & there's only one obvious outcome..Duran TKO or KO..he'd cripple Manny & once he's got manny semi-static then it's over...if anything i recken Roach would jump in with the towel
Well...All I know is Hatton would DEFINITELY beat Duran. ...Whoa, calm down! Calm down! I was just kidding! Cheesus, calm down!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #11
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Well...All I know is Hatton would DEFINITELY beat Duran. ...Whoa, calm down! Calm down! I was just kidding! Cheesus, calm down!
Thanks for promting me to go monitor my sugar levels

Normal service will be resumed shortly
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Thanks for promting me to go monitor my sugar levels

Normal service will be resumed shortly
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #13
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Duran's skill wins it, and he would slow down Pacquiao trendemously with body punching and rough-housing. He would have difficulties, Pacquiao is after all not only a southpaw, but a fast and powerful southpaw who moves in & out at a frequent pace and never stops throwing punches in combinations. But I do not think this winning pattern of his would beat Duran, who will figure out a way to make it his type of a fight, as Pacquiao is not against fighting a give and take war. Pacquiao will find himself taking punishment to the body, while Duran slips his responding flurries with the odd punch or two getting in, but nothing to stop his assault.

At this point we can't help but to give Pacquiao his due credit, he would give a fight to most greats around his weight classes. Top technicians could shut down his offense, while the best offensive fighters could match him, but it is not an easy task by any means.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #14
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I'd still go with Duran BUT I'm beggining to wonder if Pacquaio may pull off the upset. Technically Duran is better and more skillfull, but Pacquaio's darting in and out may give him problems as Pacquaio footwork would dictate where the action happened. I truly believe the second Leonard fight and Benitez fight were a case of footwork controlling Roberto rather than Duran simply couldn't be bothered. And for another thing I have no doubt Manny is fitter, which gives him more control of the movement and pace. I still go with Duran all the same but its not as easy a pick as many would think
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Well guys I'm not so sure, I was playing as Pacquaio versus Duran on Fight Night Round 4 the other day and...

Seriously though Duran UD, but like PowerPuncher says it's closer than most people think.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum