Abraham wins by KO/TKO 71 40.11%
Draw 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900
Default Froch-Abraham - Who wins and how?

Vote.

Also post in thread the reasons why you choose your pick.
gasman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
ellaineo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch-Abraham - Who wins and how?

Froch will build up big early lead, AA will throw everything at him late on but can see the Cobra riding out the storm to recapture the belt.
ellaineo is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I voted Abraham by ko. I realy want Froch to win and he can but i don't think he is disciplined enough to do it. The 1st time Froch gets tagged clean which he will, even if it doesn't hurt him, he will revert to type and go toe to toe with Abraham, he will land a few punches on Abraham and get even more ****y and leave his chin out and that will be it. Froch is powerful but Abraham has 1 punch ko power and i hope if Froch does get knocked out that it isn't a brutal ko. People might not like him because he talks a lot but the guy has a 5 month old son who he will want to go home to win, lose or draw.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
FraggleRock
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 99

I see Abraham catching him and taking him out. Froch can outpoint AA if he stays on the outside and builds up a lead, but he's too open and likes a tear up. He won't be able to resist trying to stand and trade when Abraham opens up and I can see him getting stopped.
FraggleRock is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
People might not like him because he talks a lot but the guy has a 5 month old son who he will want to go home to win, lose or draw.
Strange comment.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Froch will win. He's a far better boxer. Kessler would have also been too good for AA.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I voted Abraham by KO and I've copy and pasted what I wrote in a thread I made a while back.

Quote:
playing the fight in my mind. I can't see how Abraham could lose this. If there's a fighter made for Abraham it's Froch. Carl is getting KTFO in this one. I'm so convinced of this. Put your mortgage on it.

Abraham will start off slow like he always does. Froch will keep his distance and just try to land point scoring shots at first. After a few rounds Froch will start to get a little more daring and try to close the distance down a bit. He'll be getting frustrated too. Frustrated that he can't land any clean head shots. He'll start to put more into the shots. He'll start throwing hooks. Now this m'fer when he throws he leaves himself so open, especially when he throws the left hook. Other fighters leave themselves open when throwing shots but the difference is that Froch is left wide open LONG after he's thrown. He could catch that sickening right hand at any point. He will. When he does he's gonna feel it.

See, Froch has decent whiskers, but he's not Margarito. He's been hurt in his last 4 fights. Stats aren't everything man. I'm not saying Abraham is a hard puncher because the statistics show it, I'm saying it cuz sometimes you look at someone punch and you think "damn, that's scary". You can tell they're dangerous punches. Abraham is one of these people. At super middleweight some say his power isn't proven. Well like I said, sometimes you just look at a mutha****as punches and you just know he's gonna carry it up. Besides, he's knocked out the two super-middleweights he's faced so far.

Also, with Abraham's guard, Froch could be getting frustrated that he's just hitting arms and gloves. At this point he could go to the body. Froch going to the body is two things. Either he's gonna stand square on and throw those combinations in which case he'll be in range for that nasty right hand, or he'll try to lunge in with the left to the body. When Froch does that he goes face first. He does that and he'll get a left hook from Abraham. Abraham's left hook has power too, it's not just the right hand that you gotta worry about.

Despite the possibility of Froch getting KTFO early, I don't think he will. I think he will survive and Abraham will start to step up his workrate around the 7th round. Froch will start to get a little tired, this is where the fight will turn into the war that everyone expects. This is where the commentators will go crazy, where fans will be jumping out there seats.

Like I said, Froch will be starting to getting tired, he's gonna be going backwards now for the first time in the fight while AA senses it's his time and goes on the attack. Froch will have to rely on his heart once again, but AA is not only superior technically to Froch, but he's a tough m'f'er too. This dude fought on with a broken jaw. AA is not flashy, he's got no wow factor but what he does is efficient. He's tighter, less wasteful than Froch, a little quicker than him, and just as tough if not more. He'll be stalking Carl, start throwing a lot more, Froch on the backfoot trying to use his head movement and no guard. There will be a lot of clinches but AA will get his shots in, slowly cracking open that chin.

Now around the 10th round Froch will go for one last effort. One last effort where he will give it everything. What's left of the little technique he had in the first place will go out the window, he'll be even more tired. This is where it ends. This is where Abraham get's free shots on Carls chin. Carl will be so exposed, so open and BANG!, he'll catch something big. Probably the right hand. Bang on target, like a missile straight to the face. He's down, he's out. That chin is finally broken, AA parties all night.

I can't see Abraham not winning this man. It could go two ways. Froch catches something really vicious early and goes, or it happens later, around the 10th. I'm not saying this cuz I'm a fan of Arthur, I'm saying this cuz I think Froch is made for him. I think it happens late, but he's going down. AA is a party animal and he'll be partying in Monaco.
I'm still confident AA will knock him out.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Abraham by an earlier than expected knockout, unfortunately. It's just hard for me to see the fight going any other way.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Froch by KO...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204

All along I've thought Abraham stops him so I've voted that, Froch is too open for a puncher like Abraham to not hurt him whether it be through accumulation or catching him with a peach. I dunno though, recently I've been coming round to thinking that Froch might for once play it smart and use his advantages to come to a close but clear decision. I'm not convinced about Abraham against these genuine 168lbers either.
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

I'm going to keep this as concise as possible.

Froch: poor defence, little lateral movement, very easy to hit

Abraham: Massive punching power, destroys anyone who trades punches with him.

Abraham by mid to late TKO.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Froch will win. He's a far better boxer. Kessler would have also been too good for AA.
Interestingly, just read over at the scene that Froch brought top prospect Edwin Rodriguez over for sparring and Rodriguez is convinced Froch will win. Now fair enough he is getting paid for that sparring and is bound to praise Froch but he said he mimmicked AA's style and is much faster than AA, and he said Froch punches very hard and got through his high guard a lot with powerful shots.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

froch will control the fight with his jab, hopeully stops him late but probly on points
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
Strange comment.
How so ?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #15
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Froch is misleading - he looks amateur, slow and awkward. But I think it lulls opponents to sleep a little. Then he batters them.

But Abraham's a much cooler, more patient character. Can't see his concentration dipping.

Mostly, both guys have a notable flaw. Abraham's is to start late, Froch is the way he leaves spaces with his right when he jabs. But Abe's not taking shots on the back of his and Froch is.

I see a close, brutal fight with a slim points win for Abraham.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum