Abraham wins by KO/TKO 71 40.11%
Draw 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch-Abraham - Who wins and how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
How so ?
"People might not like him because he talks a lot but the guy has a 5 month old son who he will want to go home to win, lose or draw."

I don't see how some people hating him and him having a son are related to be honest.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #17
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Froch for me. I can see him outworking AA early as he is a notoriously slow starter. The middle rounds AA takes them and throws alot at froch. The cobra however regains his cool and wins by a couple of rounds.
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
"People might not like him because he talks a lot but the guy has a 5 month old son who he will want to go home to win, lose or draw."

I don't see how some people hating him and him having a son are related to be honest.
I meant that people might wanna see Froch get annihilated or taken out and badly hurt because he comes across as a loudmouth and been ****y. But putting it into perspective i personally wouldn't wanna see that happen to him because he has a kid. Nobody wants to see another nite like watson or mccllelan.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #19
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Interestingly, just read over at the scene that Froch brought top prospect Edwin Rodriguez over for sparring and Rodriguez is convinced Froch will win. Now fair enough he is getting paid for that sparring and is bound to praise Froch but he said he mimmicked AA's style and is much faster than AA, and he said Froch punches very hard and got through his high guard a lot with powerful shots.
Interesting about Rodriguez, didn't know that Got a strong feeling this fight is going to be special.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #20
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I meant that people might wanna see Froch get annihilated or taken out and badly hurt because he comes across as a loudmouth and been ****y. But putting it into perspective i personally wouldn't wanna see that happen to him because he has a kid. Nobody wants to see another nite like watson or mccllelan.
I see.

I wouldn't wish an injury like that on anyone myself.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Can i ask whats AA's chin like? O know he got put down by dirrell but wasnt hurt has anyone seen him take clean shots well or been wobbled before?

Just i think the most likely result is AA stopping froch, but i have a sneaky feeling froch wins by stoppage either way its should be an absolute belter.
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #22
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Froch for me!

Good solid jab needs to be applied. If needs to use the middle of ring, don't back up to far just fient and make AA tighten the shell and then work around and through guard and then finish off to body, off @ angle and then reset. He needs to work until he's finished then move away not stay in there. Don't give AA any chances. I'd also punch the gloves as AA holds them close to face and last time damage was caused when Dirrell punched AA's glove into his own face and caused swelling.

I'd look to put money in the bank as early as possible, Work the body with real spite and try keep shots to body crisp and then head shots work around guard. I personally believe the way Froch throws his shots will help in this one. When he shoots then up from low hung guard i can see him penetrating AA's shell. Must throw more then one shot!!

As the fight advances the more AA will start to open up although he may open up early this time. As he opens up look to make him miss first and foremost and work as a boxer. Just box and land your shots. Don't engage in trading no need to take unnecessary risks if your doing the job.

I wouldn't put it past Froch hurting AA late on. It will be a brilliant fight and all of what i have write will be flung out of window by Froch. He needs to make sure he leaves nothing to chance.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #23
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlstonbigspu View Post
Can i ask whats AA's chin like? O know he got put down by dirrell but wasnt hurt has anyone seen him take clean shots well or been wobbled before?

Just i think the most likely result is AA stopping froch, but i have a sneaky feeling froch wins by stoppage either way its should be an absolute belter.
He's hates bodywork (don't we all ) but he really really hates it. He has protector up high and gets away with murder when fighting in Germany. Hopefully Froch's camp will force issue about his belt line and then unleash bombs to body early doors.

Money in da bank baby...Money in da bank Carl

And New!!!! C'mon Froch
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #24
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

i think carl froch is done, mikkle kessler is a faded force at 168 and beat him, froch isnt a joe calzaghe and doesnt get better with age, its a difficult fight to call IMO, you have a short fighter who employs the typical european stance in abraham and you have froch who relies on that dynamite punch and doesnt have so much in his repertoire, if abraham stands still and doesnt move out of range he's ****ed, the problem with arthur is he has underrated handspeed he'll catch froch more times then froch will catch him, abraham has a better chance at ducking carls bombs, very very difficult fight
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #25
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlstonbigspu View Post

He battled through a broken jaw to victory against Miranda. No worries about his chin.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Froch for me!

Good solid jab needs to be applied. If needs to use the middle of ring, don't back up to far just fient and make AA tighten the shell and then work around and through guard and then finish off to body, off @ angle and then reset. He needs to work until he's finished then move away not stay in there. Don't give AA any chances. I'd also punch the gloves as AA holds them close to face and last time damage was caused when Dirrell punched AA's glove into his own face and caused swelling.

I'd look to put money in the bank as early as possible, Work the body with real spite and try keep shots to body crisp and then head shots work around guard.

As the fight advances the more AA will start to open up although he may open up early this time. As he opens up look to make him miss first and foremost and work as a boxer. Just box and land your shots. Don't engage in trading no need to take unnecessary risks if your doing the job.

I wouldn't put it past Froch hurting AA late on. It will be a brilliant fight and all of what i have write will be flung out of window by Froch. He needs to make sure he leaves nothing to chance.
Its gonna be really interesting though because Abraham has said he is gonna start fast and be more active. Last time i seen him start fast was the 1st Miranda fight he got tagged a lot, and he got his jaw broke in the 4th,albeit a headbutt, though there was genuine neddle between them 2. There might be chances for Froch to land something big if AA starts swinging early. AA is more dangerous when he is selective and precise with his punches. Froch is well up for this though. He has had a great training camp.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #27
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Its gonna be really interesting though because Abraham has said he is gonna start fast and be more active. Last time i seen him start fast was the 1st Miranda fight he got tagged a lot, and he got his jaw broke in the 4th,albeit a headbutt, though there was genuine neddle between them 2. There might be chances for Froch to land something big if AA starts swinging early. AA is more dangerous when he is selective and precise with his punches. Froch is well up for this though. He has had a great training camp.
Yeah it's going to catch fire real quick. I personally believe Froch can take AA's shots. Not to many but i believe he will take his licks and give punishment back out. Froch gets hurt by the shots he don't see (Fast fighters buzz him). I think he will go through some dark patches but he's a different breed and i think he will land on AA and really welcome him to SMW warfare.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #28
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
He's hates bodywork (don't we all ) but he really really hates it. He has protector up high and gets away with murder when fighting in Germany. Hopefully Froch's camp will force issue about his belt line and then unleash bombs to body early doors.

Money in da bank baby...Money in da bank Carl

And New!!!! C'mon Froch
Froch doesnt look that good going to the body though. I think his uppercut is his real gem of a punch though he throws it from stupid distance at times. If he lands on AA with the kind of punch that put Magee to sleep, i think it will be nite nite arthur!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #29
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Froch doesnt look that good going to the body though. I think his uppercut is his real gem of a punch though he throws it from stupid distance at times. If he lands on AA with the kind of punch that put Magee to sleep, i think it will be nite nite arthur!
Froch never looks technical in anything he does though, even his jab. Fact is AA lets you hit him. Froch just needs to land decent shots to body and i'm pretty sure with a shrewd guy like Rob in his corner he will of been told go to body. If i was Froch it would be Double jab, loop right round, left hook, step in land to body and dip and roll away. ....i Wish..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #30
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I'd really like to see an opponent aim for Abraham's arms and I think Froch may do that. If he does, I think his chances significantly improve, even though they aren't scoring shots. We know Froch will win the first third of the fight. The middle third will be closer but Froch needs to do something in the first eight rounds, to avoid the usual Abraham onslaught in the final four. If he goes to the body and arms enough, I think he could finish the bout like he started off and make it a clear decision.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum