Abraham wins by KO/TKO 71 40.11%
Draw 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #46
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch-Abraham - Who wins and how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Is that fence comfortable ?
Nipple is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #47
KERRZO
Glass Jaw
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

If Froch fights the right fight he wins on points!!!
KERRZO is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #48
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Dunno why but i keep thinking Hearns/Hagler.

Anyways, Froch feints the jab and BOOM !!! Left hook lullabys !!!

BUT he brings that hand back low and BOOM !!! Smurfy tees off straight right counters.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #49
Dubstep
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This all comes down to which boxer can break their bad habits most successfully - which is why I'm backing Froch on points.

Froch likes a brawl - but it's his under-rated and under-used boxing ability that has won him fights. Pascal was a quality opponent and Carl (despite everyone saying how amateurish he is) won that fight by outboxing him in the middle rounds. Even against Taylor, Froch's success came from a more measured approach.

It really annoys me when people say Froch is a terrible technician, because his two best victories can be attributed to boxing ability and not brawling. If he boxes like he did against Pascal he wins. I don't actually think Carl is a great brawler - somebody should tell him that!

AA needs to hurt Carl early to draw him into a brawl and to do this - he needs to break his bad habit and start quicker. However, as one poster said earlier, AA gets caught when he is too eager and Froch has the power to get anybody's attention.

In summary, Froch has shown he can break bad habits successfully, whereas AA has shown that when he starts in a hurry it doesn't work for him as well.

And finally, what about the size difference? This has been overlooked by a lot of people and I think it's quite significant. Froch is by some distance the bigger man.
Dubstep is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #50
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQR7gJwTQtA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #51
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep View Post
This all comes down to which boxer can break their bad habits most successfully - which is why I'm backing Froch on points.

Froch likes a brawl - but it's his under-rated and under-used boxing ability that has won him fights. Pascal was a quality opponent and Carl (despite everyone saying how amateurish he is) won that fight by outboxing him in the middle rounds. Even against Taylor, Froch's success came from a more measured approach.

It really annoys me when people say Froch is a terrible technician, because his two best victories can be attributed to boxing ability and not brawling. If he boxes like he did against Pascal he wins. I don't actually think Carl is a great brawler - somebody should tell him that!

AA needs to hurt Carl early to draw him into a brawl and to do this - he needs to break his bad habit and start quicker. However, as one poster said earlier, AA gets caught when he is too eager and Froch has the power to get anybody's attention.

In summary, Froch has shown he can break bad habits successfully, whereas AA has shown that when he starts in a hurry it doesn't work for him as well.

And finally, what about the size difference? This has been overlooked by a lot of people and I think it's quite significant. Froch is by some distance the bigger man.
Nice wee read that, cheers
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #52
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

I see Froch fighting smarter this time.

Fancy him to 'win' most of the first 8 or 9 rounds and have enough left to hold off the inevitable late charge.

A couple of subplots here for me though.

In the unlikely event he starts fast, Abraham may get Froch out of there. But if he doesn't get to him he could be blowing late and stopped himself.

Also, I don't give a toss what is said about joint promotion. This is a Sauerland card with 'Sauerland judges'. So I predict a Froch 'win' but I won't be surprised if he doesn't get the nod.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #53
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I've got Froch TKO12
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #54
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

It'll either by AA via KO or Froch on points. I favour the former.

If Froch's strategy is to eat punches all night as usual then he's getting KO'd brutally. Hopefully he'll tighten things up.

If AA can't stop Froch then he's not active enough to win on points. Froch should be able to outwork him.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #55
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I see Froch fighting smarter this time.
I think the same evry time Carl fights, then I watch him fight and realise he has a serious problem: he has zero ring smarts.

He could have beaten Kessler comfortably, but he wouldn't listen to his corner. He's not going to change his game for this fight, he'll remain easy to hit and AA will detonate a bomb on his chin at some point. Kessler had him all over the shop at various times in their fight and didn't have the power to finish him.

AA by KO for me at some point in the second half of the fight.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #56
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
I think the same evry time Carl fights, then I watch him fight and realise he has a serious problem: he has zero ring smarts.

He could have beaten Kessler comfortably, but he wouldn't listen to his corner. He's not going to change his game for this fight, he'll remain easy to hit and AA will detonate a bomb on his chin at some point. Kessler had him all over the shop at various times in their fight and didn't have the power to finish him.

AA by KO for me at some point in the second half of the fight.
Kessler had him all over the shop? I keep hearing this, but I barely remember Froch even being unsteady in that fight.
Wickio is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #57
Dubstep
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Nice wee read that, cheers
Thanks very much mate - I feel quite strongly about Froch because I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. He is actually a very good boxer, proved by his strong amateur pedigree. He only looks average when he gets too macho and gets caught up in calling everybody "warriors"!
Dubstep is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #58
Coldhearted
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 502

Froch is gonna start quick with the flashy jabs but once Abraham settles in then its all over, Abraham TKO mid to late rounds
Coldhearted is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #59
nip102
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickio View Post
Kessler had him all over the shop? I keep hearing this, but I barely remember Froch even being unsteady in that fight.
kessler clearly stunned him at times
nip102 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #60
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

There was one right hand from Mikkel that did stun Froch and Froch backed up on to the ropes. Can't remember for the life of me which round now. Bit concerning but not the end of the world, Kessler can punch too and Froch was not exactly in dire straights he was stunned.

Is a tough fight to call this one.

People are right about the bodywork being key for Froch, hope he doesn't neglect it as usual. Simon was giving Abraham problems downstairs, if Froch goes there he is going to get plenty of joy and might loosen that guard.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum