Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Exclamation Buakaw wins S-Cup tournament!! videos!!!

Here are the results:

S-CUP 8 "Man" Shoot Boxing Tournament
Andy Souwer VS Bovy Sor. Udomson
Andy Souwer def. Bovy Sor. Udomson via KO Rd3.

Buakaw Por. Pramuk VS Hiroki Shishido
Buakaw Por. Pramuk def Hiroki Shishido via Points.

Greg Foley VS Henri Van Opstal

Henri Van Opstal def. Greg Foley via Points.

Toby Imada VS Takaaki Umeno
Toby Imada def. Takaaki Umeno via TKO Rd3.

S-CUP 8 "Man" Shoot Boxing Tournament -
Semi-final
Andy Souwer VS Toby Imada
Imada def. Andy Souwer via Points.

Buakaw Por. Pramuk VS Henri Van Opstal
Buakaw Por. Pramuk def Henri Van Opstal via Points.

S-CUP 8 "Man" Shoot Boxing Tournament -FINAL
Buakaw Por. Pramuk (C) VS Toby Imada
Buakaw Por. Pramuk def Imada via TKO (Low Kick) Rd3.

S-CUP Super-Fights
Tomohiro Oikawa VS Daiki "DJ Taiki" Hata
Tomohiro Oikawa def. Daiki Hata via KO Rd2

Mitsuhiro Ishida VS Hiroaki Suzuki
Hiroaki Suzuki def. Mitsuhiro Ishida via KO Rd2.

Ai Takahashi VS Karina Hallinan
Ai Takahashi def. Karina Hallinan via Points.

Buakaw Wins; Souwer Upset at S-Cup

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Shootboxing S-Cup 2010

I said it would take a massive upset to prevent a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] v. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] final at the Shootboxing 2010 S-Cup, and as it turns out, that's exactly what happened. MMA fighter Toby Imada, a late replacement for Charles Krazy Horse Bennett, earned a split decision victory over Andy Souwer in the semi-finals to knock the defending champion and world's #2 fighter out of S-Cup competition and claim a spot in the finals. On the other side of the bracket, Buakaw took a unanimous decision win over Henri van Opstal, setting up an unlikely Buakaw v. Imada final.
In the finals, Buakaw used leg kicks to chop down the Bellator fighter, earning a 2nd round TKO and claiming the title of 2010 S-Cup champion. This win has to be satisfying for Buakaw, who left [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] MAX in frustration earlier this year, and has spent 2010 taking a limited number of smaller fights while questions swirled about his future. With this win, he reclaims his spot as one of the top 2 fighters in the world, and shows that there is still more left in the tank of this legend.
As for Souwer, this is obviously a serious shock for the multiple time MAX and S-Cup champion. A nearly flawless fighter, Souwer is the kind of fighter who just doesn't lose to opponents not at the very top of the game. Outside of the earliest part of his career, he only has one loss to a significantly lower ranked opponent - a 2006 loss to Kenichi Ogata, also at the S-Cup. Imada is almost exclusively an MMA fighter. He's been competing in Bellator as of late, where he is best known for his spectacular flying inverted triangle submission of Jorge Masvidal last year. Outside of that fight, he has no other big wins, and is 26-14 in MMA action. There's no video of the Souwer fight yet, but reports seem to indicate Imada used throws effectively, while closing the distance to limit Souwer's attack.
Quarter-finals saw Souwer defeat Bovy via TKO in the 3rd round in what sounds like a great fight, Imada upset Umeno via KO in 3, Buakaw decision Shishido, and Henri van Opstal earn the decision win.
In non-tournament action, Kengo Shimizu defeated Shunsuke Inoue, Ai Takahashi defeated Karina Hallinan, and the Dream fighters went 1-1, with DJ.taiki KOing Tomohiro Oikawa in 2, and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] falling victim to a Hiroaki Suzuki KO, also in the 2nd.

Looks like buakaw is the new S-cup champion!!

Andy souwer loses to bellators submisision pf the year winner Toby Imada who last minute replaces Charles Krazy Horse Bennett. Krazy Horse was unable to participate because of visa problems and was not allowed to leave the country.

Out of nowhere this mma fighter Toby Imada makes it to the finals of the S-cup tournament.

just in case anyone forgot toby Imada....
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpr9lPqcMDM[/ame]

Last edited by yaca you; 12-05-2010 at 11:34 AM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
Chris010
Dont be scared homie!

vCash: 328
Default Re: Buakaw wins S-Cup tournament!!! Souwer upset!

souwer lost! :S ah man....
Chris010 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris010 View Post
souwer lost! :S ah man....

yeah I heard he had some sort of back injury. add that to the fact that he came off a war with bovy in his first fight.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
moreorless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Souwer picked up a back injury in his first fight from what I'm hearing, still thats an impressive run by Imada and might open doors for him in Japan.
moreorless is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreorless View Post
Souwer picked up a back injury in his first fight from what I'm hearing, still thats an impressive run by Imada and might open doors for him in Japan.

from what I understand souwer struggled with carlos condit as well.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #6
moreorless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
from what I understand souwer struggled with carlos condit as well.
Its not entirely supprizing(well so than the same result in K1 anyway) considering shootboxing allows throws from the clinch.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
Chris010
Dont be scared homie!

Quote:
yeah I heard he had some sort of back injury. add that to the fact that he came off a war with bovy in his first fight.
was he hurt bad ? and did not expect that souwer would lose to a judo guy (toby imada)
Chris010 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #8
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris010 View Post
was he hurt bad ? and did not expect that souwer would lose to a judo guy (toby imada)

takedowns count heavy in shootboxing, if it had been krazy horse instead you can bet it would have been buakaw and souwer 4 for the final!

souwer's back was supposedly injured before the fight with toby imada.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #9
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

here is some info on souwer's injury:

Andy Souwer's first loss in over four years in the Shoot Boxing ring to new-comer Toby Imada may have come with good reason as he revealed post-fight that he carried a possibly severe back injury into Tuesday's S-Cup semi-final bout.

Team Souwer's personal physician is yet to perform a full diagnosis on the three-time S-Cup and two-time K-1 MAX champion but suspects that Souwer suffered a herniated disc in his quarter final KO victory over WMC Welterweight Champion Bovy Sor Audomsorn.

"(I had back pain) in the first round in the first fight. I didn't know what exactly the problem was or what the reason was that I had the pain. I don't want to make excuses but I think it was a big reason why I was not able to fight my own game (against Imada). I'm not saying that I lost because of an injury but I can tell you that I didn't even warm up because of the pain," Souwer revealed in a post fight interview.

Souwer was clearly not himself in his semi-final match with Bellator's Toby Imada. Souwer is a fighter that is typically slow to start but he never really got up to speed in the later rounds and Imada's domination in the clinch was surprising even given the American's grappling roots.

"I feel disappointed of course. Buakaw fought smart and so now he is the champion. I will come back stronger than I was. My first fight wasn't the fight that I had in mind. It's not an excuse with the injuries but it's a fact that can cost you the title, that can cost you the fight. But no excuses any more. I feel disappointed and Buakaw did well. On to the next goal."

Daniel Herbertson

yaca you is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 02:44 AM   #10
Chris010
Dont be scared homie!

Quote:
here is some info on souwer's injury

Andy Souwer's first loss in over four years in the Shoot Boxing ring to new-comer Toby Imada may have come with good reason as he revealed post-fight that he carried a possibly severe back injury into Tuesday's S-Cup semi-final bout.

Team Souwer's personal physician is yet to perform a full diagnosis on the three-time S-Cup and two-time K-1 MAX champion but suspects that Souwer suffered a herniated disc in his quarter final KO victory over WMC Welterweight Champion Bovy Sor Audomsorn.

"(I had back pain) in the first round in the first fight. I didn't know what exactly the problem was or what the reason was that I had the pain. I don't want to make excuses but I think it was a big reason why I was not able to fight my own game (against Imada). I'm not saying that I lost because of an injury but I can tell you that I didn't even warm up because of the pain," Souwer revealed in a post fight interview.

Souwer was clearly not himself in his semi-final match with Bellator's Toby Imada. Souwer is a fighter that is typically slow to start but he never really got up to speed in the later rounds and Imada's domination in the clinch was surprising even given the American's grappling roots.

"I feel disappointed of course. Buakaw fought smart and so now he is the champion. I will come back stronger than I was. My first fight wasn't the fight that I had in mind. It's not an excuse with the injuries but it's a fact that can cost you the title, that can cost you the fight. But no excuses any more. I feel disappointed and Buakaw did well. On to the next goal."

Daniel Herbertson

thanks yaca,

i did not see the fights yet! but i still cant believe how that imada could handle such A-class striker like souwer, he must been hurt verry bad
Chris010 is offline  Top
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
moreorless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hopefully this means we see Buakaw back in K1 sooner rather than latter, a superfight with Petro seems the obvious move to me.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #12
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreorless View Post
Hopefully this means we see Buakaw back in K1 sooner rather than latter, a superfight with Petro seems the obvious move to me.

yeah but we will probably have to wait till next years k1 max finals if they assuming they both get that far and enter the k-1 tourney.

fans can only hope
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well three of them anyway.

All three of Toby Imada's fights!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSeyZ1LOi4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5LV71AL4M[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqwNUGGiaM[/ame]
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493
Default Re: Buakaw wins S-Cup tournament!! videos!!!

Really cool to see Souwer throw Imada.

Wish somebody would have pulled off a sub.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Grievesy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 309
Default Re: Buakaw wins S-Cup tournament!! videos!!!

Slightly disappointed that Souwer didn't get to the final. A Buakaw/Souwer final would have been great. Toby Imada did very well though. And it's great to see Buakaw back in action. Although he isn't in the K-1 MAX GP he has had a decent year. If he doesn't get back into MAX I'd like to see him compete in It's Showtime. There are plenty of excellent fighters there.
Grievesy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum