boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 03:17 AM   #31
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,212
vCash: 75
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
like i said, she'd beat stiffles.
not the point.you waltz in the thread attack VB MAN for
saying negative stuff and because shes pretty.you
for ever go on abut Bumdine this and that and i agree with what you say(he would kick your bogan **** )yet defend Green who is exactly the same
only difference being Greeny is better looking.hmmmmmm
buster007 license to nuthug and swing both ways.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #32
Ben K
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Perth, Wa
Posts: 242
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Good on her for having a go.
She looked fairly ordinary though last night and got a draw which she probably didnt deserve. Forrest is a decent fighter. I was ringside when Erin beat Forrest easily. knocking her down also.

Im not sure whether Eagle will be anything more than a Side show. But at least she is having a dig.

Last edited by Ben K; 11-26-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Ben K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:39 AM   #33
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 1166
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
not the point.you waltz in the thread attack VB MAN for
saying negative stuff and because shes pretty.you
for ever go on abut Bumdine this and that and i agree with what you say(he would kick your bogan **** )yet defend Green who is exactly the same
only difference being Greeny is better looking.hmmmmmm
buster007 license to nuthug and swing both ways.
u r obviously thinking of somebody else. show me the million post about mundine that u r talking about.

green is better looking? hmmm. if u say so.
u often have thoughts like that about guys? lol!
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #34
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB MAN View Post
What another bad result about Lauryn Eagle. There is no way that this fight was a draw. She was out classed by the other boxer and it's time that the judges start doing there work properly and don't keep on cheating the fighters that really won. That's why boxing is busy to die and MMA take over. No ref jump in for nothing and no cheating in the fights. Just another result. she lost six love but5 they call it a draw and what a joke.

I watched this fight in full last night and though it was a ver good fight. Very evenly matched.
Of the 6 rounds (may have missed the first one) I saw Eagle only being beaten in the last 2 and not convincingly.
Eagle put the jab out for the entire fight and the other fighter swung and missed almost all of the way through the fight.
The draw probably seemed like the right result as neither boxer at any stage took this fight by the scruff of the neck and outboxed the other consistantly.
Eagle is in the developing stage and this fight was a great match up for her. The other (cant recall her name) had 13 Kick boxing fights and should have schooled Eagle in her third journey to the ring.......not to be, Eagle moved well, retreated and also came forward a lot.
Good on her.....if her talent doesn't eventually show through atleast her ticker does each fight.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #35
pegson123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

eagle would beat 90 percent of the forum jobber posters here.
people get jealous when they see how **** they are and how there ****ty wives cant take a good body shot followed by a hay-maker during foreplay without going down for the count.

every woman needs a good chin.
pegson123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #36
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

What's the big deal here? Some are talking like Eileen give her a boxing lesson.

The name of the game is hit your opponent more often than they hit you, & that's what she done. Have a look at Eileens face. She didn't get that way that from the cornermans towel.

On the flip side though, Eagles "technique" is a country mile from Forrest.

Grange are one of the really good professional gyms but they have their work cut out.
Lauren does very few things well IMO & they've been on her case for some time.

I'll be the first to congratulate them if they can get some more power from the feet & more defensive body movement because she just seems to have that feminine reaction too deeply ingrained.
JMO
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #37
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
I watched this fight in full last night and though it was a ver good fight. Very evenly matched.
Of the 6 rounds (may have missed the first one) I saw Eagle only being beaten in the last 2 and not convincingly.
Eagle put the jab out for the entire fight and the other fighter swung and missed almost all of the way through the fight.
The draw probably seemed like the right result as neither boxer at any stage took this fight by the scruff of the neck and outboxed the other consistantly.
Eagle is in the developing stage and this fight was a great match up for her. The other (cant recall her name) had 13 Kick boxing fights and should have schooled Eagle in her third journey to the ring.......not to be, Eagle moved well, retreated and also came forward a lot.
Good on her.....if her talent doesn't eventually show through atleast her ticker does each fight.
Mate she outweighed her by 8 kgs and it was last minute match up and Eileen won that well. Your putting a nice spin on this for Eagle.


Want to see where Eagle really is? Put her in with Sarah Howett (Viper from Gladiators TV show). Sarah has had a couple more fights but if Eagle is serious about fighting in her division then call and make the match Eagles camp!

As a comparision Sarah fought Erin in her second boxing fight after five kickboxing matches experience. Erin won on points over four rounds (no doubt) but it was a hell of a fight.

BTW how can you say you watched the whole fight then say you may have missed one? Doesn't make sense.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #38
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Default Re: eagle lost

She maybe ****e but she copped a decent payday for fighting the other night, thats better than being in the crowd watching, word to your mother!
noobie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #39
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,917
vCash: 1166
Default Re: eagle lost

pira,

she may be limited but she has only just started ffs. i don't know anything about the woman but give her a chance to learn a bit. at least they r not putting her in with a 39yo scrubber with 1 win and 26 losses. although some oddities on this forum may enjoy watching a couple of scrubbers going at it.

come on guys don't be shy put your hand up if you want to see that.

i know that's what gets SALLY excited.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #40
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 75
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegson123 View Post
eagle would beat 90 percent of the forum jobber posters here.
people get jealous when they see how **** they are and how there ****ty wives cant take a good body shot followed by a hay-maker during foreplay without going down for the count.

every woman needs a good chin.

Ur a ****wit
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #41
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Default Re: eagle lost

eagle may only b just starting,but if they dont correct her faults & she has a lot, then she wont improve, i wont knock a beginner,she is havin a go, but its the judges that need a kick in the pants
bluey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #42
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
pira,

she may be limited but she has only just started ffs. i don't know anything about the woman but give her a chance to learn a bit. at least they r not putting her in with a 39yo scrubber with 1 win and 26 losses. although some oddities on this forum may enjoy watching a couple of scrubbers going at it.

come on guys don't be shy put your hand up if you want to see that.

i know that's what gets SALLY excited.

I know she is limited and that is fine - but blatant cheating from the judges is going to hand this girl wins she does not deserve.

We have already had a couple of Aussie shysters posing as boxers this year and a nice black eye they have given the sport - do we really need a female version from grange?
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 AM   #43
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
I know she is limited and that is fine - but blatant cheating from the judges is going to hand this girl wins she does not deserve.

We have already had a couple of Aussie shysters posing as boxers this year and a nice black eye they have given the sport - do we really need a female version from grange?

Mate, that's an opinion, & from that you are calling all sorts of people cheats.

When it comes to HTD. I think they should have their licence revoked, but this fight was a country mile from a HTD.
I & others, thought her work rate got her over the line, Others don't. That's not grounds for calling people cheats.
A bit unfair IMO.
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #44
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Mate, that's an opinion, & from that you are calling all sorts of people cheats.

When it comes to HTD. I think they should have their licence revoked, but this fight was a country mile from a HTD.
I & others, thought her work rate got her over the line, Others don't. That's not grounds for calling people cheats.
A bit unfair IMO.
I call it how I see it. This was not a close fight and the time taken to read the scores after the bout shows what a set up the draw was.

Plenty of grounds to call this bout farcial and the decision farcial.
Like I said dont ask them to give away 8kgs and then screw them with some **** draw. Thats unfair.

Last edited by PIRA; 11-30-2010 at 08:55 AM.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #45
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015