boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #61
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
How the fark is a girl 8 kgs lighter supposed to easily get in?
Dont know what you mean here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
And as far as I saw she was schooled by a last minute sub who trains Muay Thai - did Eagle win enough rounds on your scorecard to justify a draw?
I thought Eagle got 3 rounds....but Forrest never did enough to clearly win in more than 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
AND BTW Eileen trains in a lot more than just Muay Thai - BJJ also. I would look at the positive for her as she would rematch Eagle in a heart beat and on a show with judges that have ****in eyes.
I really liked the way Forrest fought.....she had a great technique. I didn't realise she was 8 Kg lighter....it would explain why her punches didn't look very effective.
I said earlier but the point keeps getting missed, Forrest threw and missed a hell of a lot. Her hook looked very sharp and executed nicely but she never got one in.
It's one thing to have a great technique, look sharp, throw all the punches but when you rearely connect you will always fall short. She may have looked like she was robbed.....ask her if she was good enough on the night to have won...ask her if she landed enough punches...?

Another question PIRRA....had Forrest recently fought......it looked as though she was a bit out of sorts, the kinda way a fighter looks when they are recovering?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #62
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Boxoncotton,

Don't train with Eileen and only know of her from mags.

You are vastly overating those jabs whilst stating "Eagle never looked hurt"?

We were watching a different fight I guess - I saw an 8kg heavier girl fighting behind an OK jab but showing she had been tagged solidly regularly through the fight whilst I saw the smaller girl landing harder shots and more of them.

Basically everyone that has seen the fight seems to give it reasonably at about 4 -2 rounds. Seems even Bernie had it very similar - the only judge to get off his **** and actually look for a winner.

Sorry just saw your reply - I believe she had some torrid sparring and then got the call. This was a late notice match.
You are very generous to award three to Eagle - personally I do not get sucked in with a twenty second spurt to try and steal a round which is what Eagle did.

I can't ask Eileen anything as I dont know her - but I can certainly ask Sarah when she would like to smash Eagle!
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #63
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Boxoncotton,

Don't train with Eileen and only know of her from mags.

You are vastly overating those jabs whilst stating "Eagle never looked hurt"?

We were watching a different fight I guess - I saw an 8kg heavier girl fighting behind an OK jab but showing she had been tagged solidly regularly through the fight whilst I saw the smaller girl landing harder shots and more of them.

Basically everyone that has seen the fight seems to give it reasonably at about 4 -2 rounds. Seems even Bernie had it very similar - the only judge to get off his **** and actually look for a winner.

Sorry just saw your reply - I believe she had some torrid sparring and then got the call. This was a late notice match.
You are very generous to award three to Eagle - personally I do not get sucked in with a twenty second spurt to try and steal a round which is what Eagle did.

I can't ask Eileen anything as I dont know her - but I can certainly ask Sarah when she would like to smash Eagle!
Fair enough...

I'll watch it again with a view to finding a winner.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #64
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 850
Default Re: eagle lost

WTF....your whole entry just changed...
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #65
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

No worries mate. Be interested in your opinion.

Its the internet warp - you swear you read something then click and its completely farkin different. Or it could be a dozen cans.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #66
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Basically everyone that has seen the fight seems to give it reasonably at about 4 -2 rounds.
If that's the case, then it's not like a 3-3 draw is a robbery, particularly if the rounds in question were close.

I did watch the fight, I scored it 4-2 myself, but when I saw the draw, I thought it was ok.

Dunno why you're making such a big deal out of it, we've all seen huge robberies, and this wasn't one of them.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #67
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

I don't know why there's such interest in a fight that shouldn't have been on TV in the first place, or for that matter the so-called 'fighter' she calls herself!

FFS get rid of her off TV and boxing in general, it's just an embarassment. If she is supposedly some part of the 'future' face of Australian boxing - WE ARE RIGHT ROYALLY ****ED!
Contendo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #68
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
If that's the case, then it's not like a 3-3 draw is a robbery, particularly if the rounds in question were close.

I did watch the fight, I scored it 4-2 myself, but when I saw the draw, I thought it was ok.

Dunno why you're making such a big deal out of it, we've all seen huge robberies, and this wasn't one of them.
Commenting on a forum is hardly a big deal is it?

If your OK with it fine - you are allowed to have a differing opinion. As am I.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 AM   #69
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
I don't know why there's such interest in a fight that shouldn't have been on TV in the first place, or for that matter the so-called 'fighter' she calls herself!

FFS get rid of her off TV and boxing in general, it's just an embarassment. If she is supposedly some part of the 'future' face of Australian boxing - WE ARE RIGHT ROYALLY ****ED!

You have hit it in one - there has been too many of these celeb boxers who get all the attention at the expense of those who who actually have ability. Eagle is another in a long list of jokes played on the Aussie fight fan.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #70
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Commenting on a forum is hardly a big deal is it?

If your OK with it fine - you are allowed to have a differing opinion. As am I.
Sure, but you so far have claimed the judges are crooked and are cheating, said it wasn't a close fight (yet in the same breath claim it was 4-2 which is only one round away from a draw), and laughing and mocking other opinions which are contrary to your own.

If we're allowed to have a differing opinion, why are you persistant into trying to change ours?
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #71
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Sure, but you so far have claimed the judges are crooked and are cheating, said it wasn't a close fight (yet in the same breath claim it was 4-2 which is only one round away from a draw), and laughing and mocking other opinions which are contrary to your own.

If we're allowed to have a differing opinion, why are you persistant into trying to change ours?
What makes you think I am persistently trying to change your opinion? I just like writing the right thing over and over again.


Maybe it is people failing to hold these judges accountable that allows them to continue to give bad decisions.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #72
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
What makes you think I am persistently trying to change your opinion? I just like writing the right thing over and over again.
Fair enough.
Quote:
Maybe it is people failing to hold these judges accountable that allows them to continue to give bad decisions.
Ok, but as I said, how bad was it? You scored it 4-2 yourself, so how wrong is a draw?
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #73
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: eagle lost

Its 16.66666% wrong at least - I will round it up tp 16.67%
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #74
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,449
vCash: 1044
Default Re: eagle lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Its 16.66666% wrong at least - I will round it up tp 16.67%
In other words, not very......
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 AM   #75
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 75
Default Re: eagle lost

It's amazing how a female boxer has 5 pages of disussion on mosty a male forum....... C'mon u ****s lets ditch this sheila talk asap.
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015