ShamrockNapalm
Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1344
Default Re: Power Balance Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonLPC View Post
Do the male enhancement products work?
Is this a genuine question or are you being sarcastic?
ShamrockNapalm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
charlstonbigspu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i got given a go and done the test to try to push me over,absolutely no difference with or without one
charlstonbigspu is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamrockNapalm View Post
Is this a genuine question or are you being sarcastic?
I'm being sarcastic. I know it's kinda hard to convey this over a post sorry.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopee View Post
Within The Montauk Project (the alleged sequel of The Philly Experiment), scientists and soldiers did experiments with wave frequency and found out various things like i.e. there’s a frequency for love etc.

Bearing in mind they claimed to have time travelled (which can’t be done), and claimed to have travelled into hyperspace (the 4th or 5th dimension).
Yeah there very well may be a frequency but a rubber band with a hologram sticker on it has nothing to do with it, there is no science behind it. Also time travel is theoretically possible, physics allow it but it is very unlikely. Just thought you should know
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

The reason why the "push test" seems to work is a very quick example of neuro conditioning. Drop and do ten pushups now and then again in 5 minutes. The second set will seem easier because your body has prepared itself. The same priniciple lies behind the 'increased' resistance to the push. Other effects are most likely placebo. I'm actually very open to new agey ideas but I think the mind is inherently more powerful than a rubber band with a hologram
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #21
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It’s impossible.
Oh okay then. Thousands of brilliant minds say otherwise but if you say so
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #22
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This thing is most likely a penlight in a dark cave:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What's the relevance of this? The makers of these power bands claim they use Mylar technology. So what? There is no link, no science and no tests that suggest the things they claim. I've made a special piece of bread, it gives you special powers. I don't know how but it does. And btw it costs 100 dollars for a piece. It's not illegal so all athletes should eat it just incase it gives them an edge.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #23
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your exercise recommendations are absolute shit aswell.
Quote:
Better off incorporating dexterity in your training:

• Train Strong Hand & Foot with 1 kg Hand & Foot Weights (Speed)
• Train Weak Hand & Foot with 2 kg Hand & Foot Weights (Speed)
• 50 Reps with 5 kg Head & Neck Harness (Chin)
• 60 Situps (Shape)
• Master Punch Machine (Power)
• Train Light Heavybag (Hook)
• Powerball (Grip)
• Padwork (Jab)
• Treadmill 5000 Metres (Stamina)
• Rowing Machine 1000 Metres (Endurance)
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #24
Boxinglad123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

People are just looking for easier ways to get strong.People have just become lazy in training. Surely if you know you've put in a shit load of work in the gym it will make your mind more secure than wearing some band.
Boxinglad123 is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #25
ShamrockNapalm
Rhythm Amongst The Chaos
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxinglad123 View Post
People are just looking for easier ways to get strong.People have just become lazy in training.
Exactly, people want results without actually working. So they look for latest hyped up product that will do the work for them.
ShamrockNapalm is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #26
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Here’s some research on it:

What's your frequency? This frequency stuff is huge. The researchers behind an addiction therapy site, NewWayClinic.com, explain that "The human body has a normal frequency range of 62 Hz to 68 Hz, as the frequency range lowers due to the constant use of alcohol or drugs, the worse the health condition becomes." Their reported findings include: normal brain frequency (head) 72-78 Hz, brain frequency at 80-82 MHz indicates a genius, healthy body (neck down) 62-68 Hz, disease begins & colds invade 59-60 Hz, ascending colon 58-60 Hz, cancer can set in 42 Hz, death begins at 20 H. Meanwhile, fresh produce is supposed to have up to a 15-Hz frequency, while canned foods have zero. ("Invading pathogenic frequencies (toxins & viruses) are low. Positive beneficial bacterial frequencies are higher.")

The clinic claims that "By using the principles above it is possible to the remove the frequency patterns of nicotine, alcohol or drugs from the body and so help to the stop the physical dependency for that substance(s)." They apply a phase-cancellation technique to treat addiction ("By correctly analysing a substance and applying Formula 23®, we can create a wave, which is 180° out of phase.... [As] each wave cancels the other out, as a result the body requires less substance(s) each day to feel 'normal' until clean.")

Show us the evidence. According to New Way, "there have been clinical studies conducted on the effectiveness of using the above techniques for asthma, allergies & skin disease." They list "success rates" in the range of 78%-93%, but the links they provided were broken, and all I got was 404 errors.

I only skimmed over the post but if I'm reading this right and they can supposedly stop people smoking and prevent drug and alcohol abuse, these bands would be a LOT more well known than they are. It'd probably be the top invention of the past 50 years and someone would be very, very rich. I'd never heard of the load of bullshit things until this was posted.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #27
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

i saw vitor belfort wearing them. he wears one on his wrist and neck. bloke at the gym told me some people wear more than one to be more balanced.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #28
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Does anyone believe crystal healing works? It's the same kind of concept, different crystals at different frequencies affect the body's natural electromagnetic field when placed by the body.

This too is unsupported and complete bullshit.

There's no science to back up what they claim, just some nice stories and theories. If you don't need proof of something working why aren't you wearing my magic hand wraps that make your hands up to 50% faster? They work by making your hand more aerodynamic. Only £100 a pair. First to purchase gets a 15% discount...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

They measure the frequency of the body how? Frequency is not a real thing its is the rate at which something is oscillating what is oscillating? Is it supposed to be the body’s’ electric current? I didn't know the human body was AC. There are numberous "frequencies" within the human body like the frequency of the heart beat at around 1Hz but what is this frequency of the body bullshit.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What you’re talking about is a delayed reaction... you can see faster than light.

Like a telescope looking into the past?
That is absolutely not what I am talking about. Do some research. There are a number of theoretical possibilities for time travel according to the known laws of physics. To say that it is impossible is foolish and you're saying that the likes of Stephen Hawking are wrong.
I don't understand why you'd dismiss something like that yet you'd believe that a rubber band can tap into and manipulate the bodies frequencies. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that these power bands can do anything they claim. Who made these bands? What are the inventors motivations? Honestly if you can't see through a scam like this then I have nothing left to say to you. Good luck with life, you'll need it.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing