Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Aerobic Energy System

Thanks for responding Lefty/Brown Bomber. I enjoy reading what you post Lefty on other threads and I feel that you are one of the few who knows their stuff, so I value your opinion, regardless if you agree or not. Please know that I enjoy this type of stuff, so under no circumstances am I trying to be a know it all or difficult from my differences.

I view conditioning a little bit differently from others. I agree that you will get the necessary muscle fibre adaptations from training your sport. However, I feel that there is a place for doing the muscle fibre training and have seen great results from it.

As for VO2 max, from what I have read, studies on moderate intensity training 60-65% MHR(group 1) vs. HIIT(group 2) showed that V02 max improved significantly more with group 1 over group 2. Now that being said, HIIT in this context were Tabata intervals.

Of course, there is no substitute for training for your sport. You hit the nail on the head that there is no one size fits all, this was simply a post on how to improve aerobic conditioning and give most a general idea of a)how this system works and b)various ways to train it.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Bit of LT conditioning work, like running but you dont get far [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTZLH0iGTg[/ame]
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Thats the most retarded, thing i have ever seen.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #19
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why would that be.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonLPC View Post
Thanks for responding Lefty/Brown Bomber. I enjoy reading what you post Lefty on other threads and I feel that you are one of the few who knows their stuff, so I value your opinion, regardless if you agree or not. Please know that I enjoy this type of stuff, so under no circumstances am I trying to be a know it all or difficult from my differences.

I view conditioning a little bit differently from others. I agree that you will get the necessary muscle fibre adaptations from training your sport. However, I feel that there is a place for doing the muscle fibre training and have seen great results from it.

As for VO2 max, from what I have read, studies on moderate intensity training 60-65% MHR(group 1) vs. HIIT(group 2) showed that V02 max improved significantly more with group 1 over group 2. Now that being said, HIIT in this context were Tabata intervals.

Of course, there is no substitute for training for your sport. You hit the nail on the head that there is no one size fits all, this was simply a post on how to improve aerobic conditioning and give most a general idea of a)how this system works and b)various ways to train it.
Thanks mate. Here's an abstract of a study- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
It's pretty much what I've been taught, I did an assignment on this issue (LSD vs Intervals, effect on VO2max etc.) and the research I looked at showed the same, that higher intensity aerobic training seems to have more benefits than continuous training.
By working out the distance to run from the MAS test at vVO2max of 120% for your intervals you run the distance making sure you get to the end at every work interval. 15 seconds work, 15 seconds rest. 16 work intervals then 4 minutes rest. Then you go again. It takes only 20 minutes to do and it is an excellent aerobic workout. Hard work but it seems to keep you at or around your VO2max longer than other ways of training so you get maximum benefits.
Of course other forms of aerobic training (LSD, Pace/tempo, fartlek etc.) are great for you aswell but so are intervals, people seem to think that intervals are only for anaerobic training which isn't true. They are great for aerobic training so thought I should point that out.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Bit of LT conditioning work, like running but you dont get far [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Nice. Where do you get your elastic bands and straps from? I'd like to try some things from your videos but I don't have the equipment or the space unfortunately
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #22
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lefty, the elastic from a Sailing boat shop, 6 metres straps from a sports shop, its cheap. theres routines for the top half too. The guy is a good soccer player, who I was rehabing that was the 2nd week the sessions were 45 minutes, theres qiute a bit more that i edited, secrets
scrap is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Thanks mate. Here's an abstract of a study- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
It's pretty much what I've been taught, I did an assignment on this issue (LSD vs Intervals, effect on VO2max etc.) and the research I looked at showed the same, that higher intensity aerobic training seems to have more benefits than continuous training.
By working out the distance to run from the MAS test at vVO2max of 120% for your intervals you run the distance making sure you get to the end at every work interval. 15 seconds work, 15 seconds rest. 16 work intervals then 4 minutes rest. Then you go again. It takes only 20 minutes to do and it is an excellent aerobic workout. Hard work but it seems to keep you at or around your VO2max longer than other ways of training so you get maximum benefits.
Of course other forms of aerobic training (LSD, Pace/tempo, fartlek etc.) are great for you aswell but so are intervals, people seem to think that intervals are only for anaerobic training which isn't true. They are great for aerobic training so thought I should point that out.
Thanks man. It is so funny how one piece of research can suggest one thing, and another says something else. I'm glad you showed me that, which certainly contradicts the other one suggesting that pace/tempo control group had better VO2max improvement than those using the tabata intervals. I for the life of me can't find it though. I did look at this and it indeed suggests that V02 max is improved better through these intervals than LSD.

Thanks Lefty. I greatly enjoy when this becomes information sharing based with another educated person as opposed to these silly post wars that go way off topic.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #24
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Lefty, the elastic from a Sailing boat shop, 6 metres straps from a sports shop, its cheap. theres routines for the top half too. The guy is a good soccer player, who I was rehabing that was the 2nd week the sessions were 45 minutes, theres qiute a bit more that i edited, secrets
cheers Scrap
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #25
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonLPC View Post
Thanks man. It is so funny how one piece of research can suggest one thing, and another says something else. I'm glad you showed me that, which certainly contradicts the other one suggesting that pace/tempo control group had better VO2max improvement than those using the tabata intervals. I for the life of me can't find it though. I did look at this and it indeed suggests that V02 max is improved better through these intervals than LSD.

Thanks Lefty. I greatly enjoy when this becomes information sharing based with another educated person as opposed to these silly post wars that go way off topic.
Yeah I know what you mean about contradictory studies, that's why I try to look at as many studies as I can and keep an open mind. Look forward to chatting/debating in the future
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #26
skullman

sensational article, thanks.
skullman is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #27
vonLPC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You're welcome.
vonLPC is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #28
skullman

Hello friends! I live in south america. follow and read articles about boxing in cuba...and so far they have not abandoned:The traditional method of training, long runs, specific intervals, stairs workout.very good read reviews of the my friend.
skullman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing