Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 398
vCash: 1000
Default Froch Outclasses Abraham

by UD: 120:108,120:108;119:109 (that Judge must be blind)
i`ve never expected it so clear,honestly. Everybody knows that Carl Froch is the much better boxer than Abraham.

What Froch showed this evening was superb: he dominated every round clearly,outboxed and outclassed Abraham by every trick in the book.

I absolutely see him beating Andre Ward as well and winning that Super Six Tournament.

Whats left for Abraham? After his second loss its possible that his promoter will cancel the contract. Much likely is that Abraham will lose to Andre Ward as well and then either goes back to Middleweight or retire.

After such an embarrassing performance, nobody in Germany or Armenia wants to see him anymore. I dont know about the rest of the world,but it wouldnt surprise me if it would be the same.
boxexpert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Froch can beat Ward, but Ward refused to fight in the tournament unless he got all his fights in his home town with his personal referee and judges. Froch Vs. Ward should be in neutral territory. Why does Ward get special attention?
Farmboxer is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:38 AM   #3
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Froch can beat Ward, but Ward refused to fight in the tournament unless he got all his fights in his home town with his personal referee and judges. Froch Vs. Ward should be in neutral territory. Why does Ward get special attention?
Absolutely. Unfair odds are stacked in Wardīs favor. But in any case Ward vs Froch is going to be a great match.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Froch who I am personally fond of and I have always been is a very good fighter and he proved it yesterday by giving Arthur Abraham a boxing lesson. He used his boxing skills which he had neglected to use against Direll and Kessler. Andre Ward is a class act with excellent skills, speed, timing and versatility and much tougher than his opponents bargained for. I love Froch but know that Ward is better. Ward may stop Abraham in his next fight not just beat him.
Olu G. Rotimi is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 4511
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

I was very wrong with my prediction. But I think it was not only about what Froch did but also what AA DIDN'T. Abraham did not show fighting spirit and eagerness to win.
He looked like a beaten man after the 8th or 9th or so.
Froch did a great job though.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
I was very wrong with my prediction. But I think it was not only about what Froch did but also what AA DIDN'T. Abraham did not show fighting spirit and eagerness to win.
He looked like a beaten man after the 8th or 9th or so.
Froch did a great job though.
Abraham just did nothing. I was soo disappointed. His trainer said during the fight Abraham has to be willing to take a bit punishment to win. He wasnīt. Good for Froch.

Sauerland wonīt cancel the contract and Abraham will continue in the Super6. I donīt think he will beat Ward but he has a chance. Going down to mw again is not an option, he canīt make the weight anymore.

If he loses to Ward he could fight Stieglitz for a belt at smw or fight Sturm at a catchweight to either revive his career or get a last paycheck.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Joe Soap
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 41
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Froch who I am personally fond of and I have always been is a very good fighter and he proved it yesterday by giving Arthur Abraham a boxing lesson. He used his boxing skills which he had neglected to use against Direll and Kessler. Andre Ward is a class act with excellent skills, speed, timing and versatility and much tougher than his opponents bargained for. I love Froch but know that Ward is better. Ward may stop Abraham in his next fight not just beat him.
I'm afraid I can't see that. He may outbox him comfortably, but Ward is a realtively light puncher, and Abraham despite his other shortcomings, has a granite chin.

Looks like a Froch-Ward final at this stage, and I would reiterate what has been said above, the fight needs to be in a neutral venue. Anything else would be completely unfair.
Joe Soap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 4511
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Abraham just did nothing. I was soo disappointed. His trainer said during the fight Abraham has to be willing to take a bit punishment to win. He wasnīt. Good for Froch.

Sauerland wonīt cancel the contract and Abraham will continue in the Super6. I donīt think he will beat Ward but he has a chance. Going down to mw again is not an option, he canīt make the weight anymore.

If he loses to Ward he could fight Stieglitz for a belt at smw or fight Sturm at a catchweight to either revive his career or get a last paycheck.
It was really really disappointing. The fight was too one-sided to be exciting too. It could've been a war. Not good for AA stock.
I've always said AA is limited but to see him lose like this is rather a pity.
Dirrell was outboxing Abraham too, but as usual AA, in that fight, turned up the heat in his desperation mode. Last night he didn't even do that. Wegner said some unusual things to him like ''act like a man'' and ''your opponents is laughing about you''.

I think Froch's hard Punches had a big effect on AA and that Froch was the hardest puncher Arthur ever faced. I think Froch punched/took all of the energy out Arthur which prevented him on coming on strong late.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Has Johnson inherited Kesslerīs score card points, or why is he seeded above Abraham and fights Froch now?
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
It was really really disappointing. The fight was too one-sided to be exciting too. It could've been a war. Not good for AA stock.
I've always said AA is limited but to see him lose like this is rather a pity.
Dirrell was outboxing Abraham too, but as usual AA, in that fight, turned up the heat in his desperation mode. Last night he didn't even do that. Wegner said some unusual things to him like ''act like a man'' and ''your opponents is laughing about you''.

I think Froch's hard Punches had a big effect on AA and that Froch was the hardest puncher Arthur ever faced. I think Froch punched/took all of the energy out Arthur which prevented him on coming on strong late.
I think Froch punches discouraged him bigtime. Something nobody else has done before. It seems Abe lacks the right mindset when the going gets tough.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
Joe Soap
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 41
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
I think Froch punches discouraged him bigtime. Something nobody else has done before. It seems Abe lacks the right mindset when the going gets tough.
He did come through the first Miranda fight with a broken jaw, so I wouldn't question his toughness. However he did seem incredibly disheartened in the latter stages of the fight. Froch just wore him down with hard crisp shots, particularly to the body, to the point where Abraham had very little left in the final rounds.
Joe Soap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 4511
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

He is a tough as nails guy imo.

For 12 long rounds he tried the same by trying to jab Froch but 9 out of 10 times got Froch's jab right in his face each time he opened up.
There was no change in tactics and strategy whatsoever. I expected more from Abraham and Wegner after months of prep..

I'm intersted to see how and if he'll bounce back from this.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 4511
Default Re: Froch Outclasses Abraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxexpert View Post
by UD: 120:108,120:108;119:109 (that Judge must be blind)
i`ve never expected it so clear,honestly. Everybody knows that Carl Froch is the much better boxer than Abraham.

What Froch showed this evening was superb: he dominated every round clearly,outboxed and outclassed Abraham by every trick in the book.

I absolutely see him beating Andre Ward as well and winning that Super Six Tournament.

Whats left for Abraham? After his second loss its possible that his promoter will cancel the contract. Much likely is that Abraham will lose to Andre Ward as well and then either goes back to Middleweight or retire.

After such an embarrassing performance, nobody in Germany or Armenia wants to see him anymore. I dont know about the rest of the world,but it wouldnt surprise me if it would be the same.
Box''expert''
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013