Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #16
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Froch vs Kessler?

I don't think Abraham can adapt. The limitations we all suspected were there were brutally shown up and magnified. i.e. his lack of early output, susceptibility to the body (which hurt his gameplan to come on strong late), the fact a strong jab can keep him on his heels and not set to throw. To be brutally honest its impossible to really adapt when he's that stiff and tight with his guard, he can't possibly see much and he's in no position to react quickly.

Kessler adapted from bell 1 against Froch. That wasn't typical Kessler that outboxes his opponent on the outside. He respected Froch's awkwardness and long jab. He decided he needed to be more aggressive and he used far more body work than usual. Kessler is not exactly a chameleon but he can put on pressure as well as box, and he had the will and physicality to do it whereas thats impossible for Abe because he doesn't know how to punch without putting 100% into it.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #17
Badgeronimous
Will you stand?
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I don't think Abraham can adapt. The limitations we all suspected were there were brutally shown up and magnified. i.e. his lack of early output, susceptibility to the body (which hurt his gameplan to come on strong late), the fact a strong jab can keep him on his heels and not set to throw. To be brutally honest its impossible to really adapt when he's that stiff and tight with his guard, he can't possibly see much and he's in no position to react quickly.

Kessler adapted from bell 1 against Froch. That wasn't typical Kessler that outboxes his opponent on the outside. He respected Froch's awkwardness and long jab. He decided he needed to be more aggressive and he used far more body work than usual. Kessler is not exactly a chameleon but he can put on pressure as well as box, and he had the will and physicality to do it whereas thats impossible for Abe because he doesn't know how to punch without putting 100% into it.
I tend to agree.

However, in a rematch in the semi's, again I just wouldn't know how to call it. Abraham learns from this fight and somehow draws Froch in more, you could see a very different outcome.

It's Froch's to lose though. Stay disciplined and keep the range and I can't see him losing.
Badgeronimous is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Froch totally neglected the jab against Kessler. Regardless of what Carl says he knows he lost and learnt a lesson that night.

If Froch had boxed at range and used his jab as a weapon like he did tonight he would have pissed the fight with Kessler.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #19
topdog88
frohaye
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 6014

yeah im in agreement with that, definetly Froch's fight to lose.But can abraham do anything different?
topdog88 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Kessler did not dictate at mid-range with textbook combos and one-twos like he did against Andrade. He often made it scrappy and up close, allowing him to get more shots off, and plugged away at the body to ensure Froch would have less to him when he tried to exchange and throw back.

Abraham was completely exposed as one-dimensional tonight. It's a dangerous, durable and consistently defensive gear to go up against, but Froch did the job without speedy athleticism, getting sat on his arse or needing to cop out rather than do the distance. A brilliant win, but one that shows how good Kesslers (possibly final) effort was, and, yet again and most importantly, shows what a loss can do for a fighter (and how it means **** ALL) as Froch, 33 and not the most naturally gifted boxer by any means, outfoxed Abraham throughout with little problems.

The best fighting the best; it's how we get answers. The '0' is only gained by not doing that consistently. Sometimes you pick up a loss it's what comes after what prove what you really are as an operator: clearly, Froch is currently one of the very best in his division, his run over the last two years and what he has displayed in all his fights have seen him achieve more than I ever envisioned him doing.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgeronimous View Post
I tend to agree.

However, in a rematch in the semi's, again I just wouldn't know how to call it. Abraham learns from this fight and somehow draws Froch in more, you could see a very different outcome.

It's Froch's to lose though. Stay disciplined and keep the range and I can't see him losing.
Froch is fighting Glen Johnson in the semis, sure to be another quality fight, but one that is very winnable for Frochy.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Froch is fighting Glen Johnson in the semis, sure to be another quality fight, but one that is very winnable for Frochy.

Is he? It's supposed to be Froch V Abraham according to primetime
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Froch looked to have more speed, and was sharper with his punches.....co-ordination wise.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #24
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Kessler did not dictate at mid-range with textbook combos and one-twos like he did against Andrade. He often made it scrappy and up close, allowing him to get more shots off, and plugged away at the body to ensure Froch would have less to him when he tried to exchange and throw back.

Abraham was completely exposed as one-dimensional tonight. It's a dangerous, durable and consistently defensive gear to go up against, but Froch did the job without speedy athleticism, getting sat on his arse or needing to cop out rather than do the distance. A brilliant win, but one that shows how good Kesslers (possibly final) effort was, and, yet again and most importantly, shows what a loss can do for a fighter (and how it means **** ALL) as Froch, 33 and not the most naturally gifted boxer by any means, outfoxed Abraham throughout with little problems.

The best fighting the best; it's how we get answers. The '0' is only gained by not doing that consistently. Sometimes you pick up a loss it's what comes after what prove what you really are as an operator: clearly, Froch is currently one of the very best in his division, his run over the last two years and what he has displayed in all his fights have seen him achieve more than I ever envisioned him doing.
I hate to brag but a lot of the technical subtitles I noticed came to fruition in this one, the main thing that surprised me was how shite Abraham was late in the fight which I did not expect.

Abraham did struggle to land clean more than anticipated, due to the dimensions of both fighters and Froch leaning back. With Froch's lead hand low Abe had 5 miles distance to actually find target and even Froch who does not have great reflexes could slip. Aside from this his usually shit work-rate was cut in half by the distance Froch maintained and his own poor footwork.

Also Abraham can not counterpunch and has never been able to which is when Froch tends to get caught mostly. You can't counterpunch with gloves glued to your eyes, you have to see and react.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #25
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Froch beat Kessler but was robbed. Froch should have six points. Ward refused to fight in the tournament unless he got all his fights in his home town with his personal referee and judges. Why? How did he get that?
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #26
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Froch wasn't robbed against Kessler. He lost the fight himself when he had all the tools to win. He has no one but to blame but himself for that one.....still that loss could be the making of him, we all need to learn a little humility....especially the Sauerlands
KingCobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum