Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who will be European champion at 11 stone 6?
Barker on points 28 71.79%
Barker by stoppage 2 5.13%
Draw 3 7.69%
Spada on points 4 10.26%
Spada by stoppage 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000
Default Darren Barker vs. Domenico Spada

Is anyone expecting this to be any good?

The Italian is of course best known for his horrid 24 rounds gone with Sebastian Zbik, where both were equally to blame for the poor quality of the match.

I've been told that the Londoner was less than 100% against Belghecham, which may go a way towards excusing his own underwhelming performance there.

Does this have the makings of a nice scrap in spite of everything, or is it every bit the stylistic trainwreck it would seem to be to an outsider?

Also - would anyone care to have odds laid up on vBookie? Right now Barker's fetching 4/11, while Spada has a lean 5/2.

One more thing - is the listed start time on Sky's website correct? 8pm to 10pm local UK time?

Originally Simpson-Smith was supposed to have a similar slot but wound up being 10pm-midnight instead. It throws a hefty spanner in my plans to do RBR coverage if Barker-Spada is going to run past 10pm GMT.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75
Default Re: Darren Barker vs. Domenico Spada

defo 8-10 pal
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
tjf81
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Not sure how this fight will end up. Pretty sure it will go
The 12 rounds but not sure who wins, going for a tight points win for barker. The fight coverage will hopefully start at 8 and not run to late. Got my daughter minded by her gran for the night so can have a good day with the footy and boxing and have a few bevvies!!!
tjf81 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

The Italian is of course best known for his horrid 24 rounds gone with Sebastian Zbik, where both were equally to blame for the poor quality of the match.

I've been told that the Londoner was less than 100% against Belghecham, which may go a way towards excusing his own underwhelming performance there.

Does this have the makings of a nice scrap in spite of everything, or is it every bit the stylistic trainwreck it would seem to be to an outsider?

Also - would anyone care to have odds laid up on vBookie? Right now Barker's fetching 4/11, while Spada has a lean 5/2.

One more thing - is the listed start time on Sky's website correct? 8pm to 10pm local UK time?

Originally Simpson-Smith was supposed to have a similar slot but wound up being 10pm-midnight instead. It throws a hefty spanner in my plans to do RBR coverage if Barker-Spada is going to run past 10pm GMT.
I think Barker will box on the outside all the fight really and move away quickly when Spada tries to get inside. Barker wide UD for me. Im more interested to see what this new fully fit Barker is like more than anything else. Also IB will you be doing an RBR for Sylvester-Geale next saturday night ?
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Im expecting a dull tactical fight, with Barker winning by close points decision.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Barker by narrow points victory, possibly even a split decision.

I'm considering putting a tenner on the draw at 33/1. Not a crazy bet is it?
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
defo 8-10 pal
Sweet. Don't tell Mrs. Butt.

A while back on the calendar, maybe early April (I guess before this was a done deal? ) there was no major boxing listed for the 30th. The albatross has been hanging round my neck for a while, as a Saturday's worth of undivided attention has long been promised. So, we're due to spend a spa day at the Russian banya. As luck would have it, her employer is forcing her to work an overtime dayshift, running until 4pm here (9pm UK time). Depending on what time she intends on getting to the spa it may work out that she never knows there actually IS a fight on while she's at the office.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
tjf81
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Barker by narrow points victory, possibly even a split decision.

I'm considering putting a tenner on the draw at 33/1. Not a crazy bet is it?
Thinking the same mate, last time I backed the draw was hopkins vs calzaghe. Not a bet I like doin and never won on it so far but sometimes you get a feeling!
tjf81 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Sweet. Don't tell Mrs. Butt.

A while back on the calendar, maybe early April (I guess before this was a done deal? ) there was no major boxing listed for the 30th. The albatross has been hanging round my neck for a while, as a Saturday's worth of undivided attention has long been promised. So, we're due to spend a spa day at the Russian banya. As luck would have it, her employer is forcing her to work an overtime dayshift, running until 4pm here (9pm UK time). Depending on what time she intends on getting to the spa it may work out that she never knows there actually IS a fight on while she's at the office.
good stuff
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf81 View Post
Thinking the same mate, last time I backed the draw was hopkins vs calzaghe. Not a bet I like doin and never won on it so far but sometimes you get a feeling!
It's worth a little cheeky punt anyways. Even just a few Euro/pound for the craic.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Its funny though that a lot of people on here would think Zbik is piss poor and yet Spada is credited with losing 2 close fights to him. But yes, still probably Barker's toughest opponent to date but i think he will win comfortably, if he comes in in good shape !.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #12
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

33/1 is indeed an appealing line for the draw. Not too much value in the over 9.5 rounds, unfortunately.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
I think Barker will box on the outside all the fight really and move away quickly when Spada tries to get inside. Barker wide UD for me. Im more interested to see what this new fully fit Barker is like more than anything else. Also IB will you be doing an RBR for Sylvester-Geale next saturday night ?
That was indeed the plan, although it seems it will regrettably conflict with the HW international Prizefighter so it will have to be one or the other.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1022

Quote:

Ive checked. Sky are not showing speedway before the fight
richard mossley is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Anybody know if Sky will be showing the Pajo Hyland fight live?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum