Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #31
di tullio
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 268
Default Re: Why shirts in amateur boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wright View Post
Actually the guys in the World Series of Boxing right now are all boxing with no headgear or t-shirts as amateurs. Go check it out, pretty cool shit.
I'm actually kind of disappointed because when I first read a little about the World Series of Boxing, I thought it was purely amateur boxing with boxers paid to stay amateurs. I guess I didn't read enough
di tullio is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #32
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwire View Post

Did you even read the link? Its a link that redirects to actual heat related illnesses, such as heat stroke etc....there's no such illness as "heat illness"

He just worded it wrong. Maybe he should have said "heat illnesses" or "a heat illness" either way it's clear what he was trying to say...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #33
DynamicMoves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

Did you even read the link? Its a link that redirects to actual heat related illnesses, such as heat stroke etc....there's no such illness as "heat illness"

Search "heat illness" on google. You'll find multiple sites talking about the whole, as heat illness.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

All on the first page, and not the entire first page.

Google is your friend.
DynamicMoves is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #34
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
He just worded it wrong. Maybe he should have said "heat illnesses" or "a heat illness" either way it's clear what he was trying to say...
Do you honestly think you could get a "heat illness" from wearing the vest amateurs wear instead of going shirtless?
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #35
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Do you honestly think you could get a "heat illness" from wearing the vest amateurs wear instead of going shirtless?
Don't try and drag me into the argument, I stated no opinion on that.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #36
johnnykoolkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugilistfan View Post
I was training at JR's cardio boxing gym (in conroe) a few years ago...looking for one closer to join after the new year...right now i do some standup at HBJJC..its a grappling place but he knows alot of standup too....i live in the willowbrook area on 1960...where you training at? your place any good?
oh dang dude, thats badass, i used to train at Cardio too (for about a year, stopped going a couple months ago) but after i started going there for a while they changed the management and name to Cap Elite boxing, but just today i started going to this new boxing gym called CDM Boxing, off of Airtex RD. and its pretty badass, it gots a REALLY old school feel about it, but yea thats cool though, small world bro
johnnykoolkid is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #37
Pugilistfan

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykoolkid View Post
oh dang dude, thats badass, i used to train at Cardio too (for about a year, stopped going a couple months ago) but after i started going there for a while they changed the management and name to Cap Elite boxing, but just today i started going to this new boxing gym called CDM Boxing, off of Airtex RD. and its pretty badass, it gots a REALLY old school feel about it, but yea thats cool though, small world bro
damn that is pretty cool...howd you like the gym? I thought it was okay...didnt get enough of the training i expected but it was okay...too far for me tho
Pugilistfan is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #38
johnnykoolkid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugilistfan View Post
damn that is pretty cool...howd you like the gym? I thought it was okay...didnt get enough of the training i expected but it was okay...too far for me tho
yea, the houston area (city of houston and surrounding areas) is actually a pretty great fight town, and i liked the gym, i learned alot about boxing and fitness, so i will always remember them for that, and yea tell me about distance i live by 2920 and it was still far for me, my new gym is actually closer and its in north houston!
johnnykoolkid is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #39
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Don't try and drag me into the argument, I stated no opinion on that.
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #40
Pugilistfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnykoolkid View Post
yea, the houston area (city of houston and surrounding areas) is actually a pretty great fight town, and i liked the gym, i learned alot about boxing and fitness, so i will always remember them for that, and yea tell me about distance i live by 2920 and it was still far for me, my new gym is actually closer and its in north houston!
nooo shit?? Im in NW houston by willowbrook mall...might have to check it out after holidays!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #41
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Rope burn is good reason but I would just throw it out there its more a conservation thing to differantiate between professional and amateur competition.

Sounds lousy reason but it works in the work force doesn't it?
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #42
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Not true at all. Sure we cant run with a gazelle but I'm not talking about running. We can walk just or jog all quadrupeds into the ground. Bipedal locomotion is the most efficient form of terrestrial locomotion its been commonly defined as a series of interrupted falls where gravity does the lions share of the work making it far more efficient than quadruped locomotion.

Our ancestors hunted by walking quadrupeds into the ground. This is a fact. Our bipedal locomotion combined with the ability to sweat gives us a long range stamina that is largely unmatched.

Go take a dog on a hike. As long as you are in somewhat descent shape the dog will tire before you do. Its quadruped and it also cant sweat. Its not as efficient as you are.
Its not true that we can walk all quadrupeds into the ground at all. Just 2 off the top of my head the hyena and African hunting dog, there is no way we can match them for stamina, no way at all.

I doubt any human could cover the distance a husky could cover.

There are plenty of hunter gatherer societies alive and well in the world today, and they do not catch their prey by walking it down. They use intelligence, set traps and lay in wait.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #43
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hunting via the process of walking an animal down would be totally inefficient. It would involve line of sight or incredible tracking skills. If the prey animal you were after ran far into an area of dense vegitation its gone.

From what i read on the subject, upright walking evolved for a number of reasons. The more upright human, was less affected by the heat of the day due to the sun beating down on a smaller surface area. He could see further. He could carry tools or weapons. These things made him a better provider of food, that in turn made him more of an attractive mate. So theory of evolution say thats the path we evolve down. Or if you guys are 'creationism' or whatever the term is, fans, i will say no more.

Are Americans really believing creationism ?
riggers is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #44
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The reason a hyena has such great endurance is it has the largest heart to weight ratio of any animal. It also has big lungs. It looks ungainly but it runs and runs. They say, if you see a Hyena or an African Hunting dog chasing its prey, if it can keep it in view it will get a kill.

The reason some breeds of modern dog have poor endurance is because we have messed them up.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
Pugilistfan

Why shirts in amateur boxing=bipedal locomotion and quadropeds debate

but i do appreciate having the locomotion song in my head all day now...thanks....come on now do the locomotion!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing