Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Never underestimate Marco Antonio Barrera.

I've been here for a little while now. I'm usually composed, calm, and evenhanded in my predictions, being careful not to sell anyone short. However, in the possible MAB vs Pac pre-fight conversation I feel Barrera is getting short-changed.

Barrera, like no other, can rise to an occasion. He has asked for this fight, and even threatened his promoter with retirement should he not get it. He wants to pull one last trick, one little dance before hanging up the gloves.

The significance of this should not be underestimated.

Barrera got a crude shock the first time he met Pac in the ring. He didn't expect someone quite that good. Now he knows exactly what he's getting in with, and he wants to be in there again.

MAB is an excellent strategist, and I remember an old quote from Sir Winston Churchill that I think applies.

'However sure you may be of victory, there would not be a war if the other guy did not also think he stood a chance.'

I'm here to predict the upset. MAB by SD.
Shake is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Never underestimate Marco Antonio Barrera.

Damm good post.

My heart is with Barrera, he is my favorite active fighter. I dont agree with his taking this fight, but if he is going to take it Im with him all the way.

Barrera SD.
acb is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake
I've been here for a little while now. I'm usually composed, calm, and evenhanded in my predictions, being careful not to sell anyone short. However, in the possible MAB vs Pac pre-fight conversation I feel Barrera is getting short-changed.

Barrera, like no other, can rise to an occasion. He has asked for this fight, and even threatened his promoter with retirement should he not get it. He wants to pull one last trick, one little dance before hanging up the gloves.

The significance of this should not be underestimated.

Barrera got a crude shock the first time he met Pac in the ring. He didn't expect someone quite that good. Now he knows exactly what he's getting in with, and he wants to be in there again.

MAB is an excellent strategist, and I remember an old quote from Sir Winston Churchill that I think applies.

'However sure you may be of victory, there would not be a war if the other guy did not also think he stood a chance.'

I'm here to predict the upset. MAB by SD.
As a long-time MAB fan, I'd love nothing more than to see MAB have one more magical performance....but I'm honestly not seeing it.

He simply doesn't like getting hit anymore and that doesn't bode well against Pac Man.

The Marquez bout seemed to suggest he should retire.

Believe me....I'd love to see MAB win, and I'll be rooting for him, but this seems almost suicidal.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

MAB is not dumb.

PAC is a better fighter. More dynamic and more educated in his pressure.

MAB will blatently play the boxer puncher. Boxing to score and win but punching to keep him honest in spurts.

Can he do it? MAB is older, PAC possibly hitting his prime in terms of talent and tools.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
MAB is not dumb.

PAC is a better fighter. More dynamic and more educated in his pressure.

MAB will blatently play the boxer puncher. Boxing to score and win but punching to keep him honest in spurts.

Can he do it? MAB is older, PAC possibly hitting his prime in terms of talent and tools.
Pacquiao looked like he took his last opponet alittle lightly. Hes probablly thinking Barrera pfftt ill kick the old mans ass agian. He does that and Barrera will smoke that skinny ****.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Pacquiao looked like he took his last opponet alittle lightly. Hes probablly thinking Barrera pfftt ill kick the old mans ass agian. He does that and Barrera will smoke that skinny ****.
You know that ain't happening. Even if MAB turns up shit he can take licks and is good enough shape to stay in there for the long haul.

PLUS power is always a neutraliser.

MAB is facing a HUGE MOUNTAIN to climb. Period.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

I am a big fan of MAB. I admire him greatly for fighting the best out there in the twilight years of his career. He has dared to be great and continues to dare. What a great man! What an inspiration! There's only a handful of fighters like him.

I don't think he will beat Pacman, but he will do his very best. He will make his fans proud as usual. I will be more than satisfied with that! Go MAB!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Anyone who sleeps on Marco is a fool ..And by the way he beat JMM ..I can't wait for this fight ,unless he grows old like Morales did I expect a huge upset ..Only thing is if he does win do we get a rubber match ?
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
I am a big fan of MAB. I admire him greatly for fighting the best out there in the twilight years of his career. He has dared to be great and continues to dare. What a great man! What an inspiration! There's only a handful of fighters like him.

I don't think he will beat Pacman, but he will do his very best. He will make his fans proud as usual. I will be more than satisfied with that! Go MAB!
Inspiring post! You're right--even if he loses, MAB will give it his best and make us proud!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1
Anyone who sleeps on Marco is a fool ..And by the way he beat JMM ..I can't wait for this fight ,unless he grows old like Morales did I expect a huge upset ..Only thing is if he does win do we get a rubber match ?
And by the way...NO, he did not beat JMM!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #11
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld
Inspiring post! You're right--even if he loses, MAB will give it his best and make us proud!

Co-sign fighters like him are cut from diffrent cloths ,cloths of steel !
Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

i never underestimated MAB. even now, i think this is the seoncd best fight for pac next to JMM. imo, MAB has a chance to beat pac and pac should not take this fight lightly.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #13
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
i never underestimated MAB. even now, i think this is the seoncd best fight for pac next to JMM. imo, MAB has a chance to beat pac and pac should not take this fight lightly.
Funny but an interview I read after the 2nd Morales fight with Manny the question was asked who was the hardest puncher he ever faced and he immediatly said Barrera ..
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How would MAB beating Pac now compare to "Big" George regaining the HW crown in terms of ATG boxing achievments?
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #15
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
How would MAB beating Pac now compare to "Big" George regaining the HW crown in terms of ATG boxing achievments?
MAB beating Pacquiao at this point might make him one of the three most revered fighters in Mexican history.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum