Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Who would win between Inkin and Froch, if they fought (an eliminator) for the WBC?

This is the second most anticipated fight in the division, I feel - after JC-MK! The winner would take the 3rd spot from Lucian Bute.
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2007, 07:39 AM   #2
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Default Re: Who would win between Inkin and Froch, if they fought (an eliminator) for the WBC?

I will make up my mind after watching Froch - Reid...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who would win between Inkin and Froch, if they fought (an eliminator) for the WBC?

Froch beat Sergey Tatevosyan (who has never been TKO'd)who went 12 rounds with Bute in 2 rounds.

If he beat Robin Ried a former world champ convincingly tomorow night I would put my house he would beat anyone in the SM/W division by KO apart from Calzaghe, Kesller and Lacy. I would put him 50/50 agaisnt Lacy and Kessler.

Basicly he will Knock Inkin and Bute out, and Mundine!
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

OK...well...Tatevosyan stoppage came a bit early and it was less than 8 weeks after Bute pounded him for 12 rounds...Tatevosyan took that fight too early and was unlucky to be stopped then - he would have lost for sure, but the fact that he was stopped in the second makes Froch look better than he deserves, in my opinion, all taken into consideration.

Also, Froch is probably the hardest puncher in the division, with true one punch KO power, but he takes a long time to set up those punches plantiung his feet firmly on the ground...against a boxer like Inkin or Bute, he couldn't do that with impunity without being hit on the counter or without being hit himself before he can fire off...something to bear in mind...

...then, there are some guys with a very good chin in the division - not just Calzaghe or Lacy - Bute for example took some bombs from Berrio - a very hard puncher - and was OK...Andrade also would have no problem taking those bombs...Inkin's chin is not the best in the division, but being a very good boxer and having better defense than Froch will help a lot - he would have to make a mistake for Froch to KO him, although, of course, if Froch wins, it would be by stoppage...

...Mundine doesn't have a great chin, but it's not as bad as people say - he has not been stopped since forever and his defence is very good indeed - he is very fast and would **** Froch up on the inside without too much trouble - I don't think Froch would have the chance to bomb Mundine enough to stop him...

Froch's best test at the moment would be against Inkin, whom I rate just above him in the rankings, at No. 5. It would be a hell of a fight! I hope Carl takes his finger out and I hope Inkin musters the necessary courage and that this fight is made in Spring 2008!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

I wonder what sean thinks about this...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

personally, i think inkin would be too technical for froch. his style, based on a tight guard would be all wrong for the very awkward froch, who always carries his hands too low.

froch usually suckers his opponents in, looking to land the uppercut. he can do that vs guys that tend to fall in behind their punches. but inkin has very good balance and a good chin.

froch has greater one shot power, but inkin is a very hard hitter as well.

i see inkin winning a UD or by late stoppage.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
personally, i think inkin would be too technical for froch. his style, based on a tight guard would be all wrong for the very awkward froch, who always carries his hands too low.

froch usually suckers his opponents in, looking to land the uppercut. he can do that vs guys that tend to fall in behind their punches. but inkin has very good balance and a good chin.

froch has greater one shot power, but inkin is a very hard hitter as well.

i see inkin winning a UD or by late stoppage.
Thank you for that!

Would you please explain what "guys that tend to fall in behing their punches" means? Those who crouch down, bending their back horizontally, protecting their face with their hands? What is the significance of this, exactly?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Thank you for that!

Would you please explain what "guys that tend to fall in behing their punches" means? Those who crouch down, bending their back horizontally, protecting their face with their hands? What is the significance of this, exactly?
its a term my trainer used for people who tend to lunge in with their punches, causing them to lose their balance and making them very vunurable to counterpunches.

such attacks are best avoided by sidesstepping. then you attack when the guy is still off balance.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #9
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
its a term my trainer used for people who tend to lunge in with their punches, causing them to lose their balance and making them very vunurable to counterpunches.

such attacks are best avoided by sidesstepping. then you attack when the guy is still off balance.
Ahhh...I see...well, as you say, Inkin doesn't do that and Froch hasn't got the best footwork to sidestep that well...or does he?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

not sure if there amatuer fight will have an effect on the fight.

inkin won on points but was decked in the last.

might make froch pverconfident and go for 1 punch.
might make inkin box in a shell and not take chances.

both about the same build and height.
inkin boxes very orthodox and froch, hands down, very much a potshotter, who can put punches together but also can ship some.

froch from what we have seen does have a very good chin, inkin has never been down as a pro.

i think froch has the faster hands and better harder jab, definatley carries more power in either hand.

inkin has the better defense/is more patient and will box to a gameplan and thus is more consistent.

i think the fight would pan out fairly evenly , but inkin will do the cleaner work , whereas froch will find it hard to pearce inkin`s guard clean.

i would say it will be close 115-113 inkin points but as i have said before inkin will have to box a perfect fight without being caught absolute flush, because froch as he showed in the amatuers definatley has the power to floor and stop inkin, just i always prefer technically proficent boxers with a chin who know that they are about, beating fighters who rely a lot on there power.

froch has abilty, but he makes so many mistakes in his fights.

cut out the mistakes/higher workrate /higher guard and he would be a formidable fighter.

inkin tentivly points, but its not a fight i would bet on as i would say this is a genuine 50/50, just my hunch is with inkin.
sean is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean

inkin tentivly points, but its not a fight i would bet on as i would say this is a genuine 50/50, just my hunch is with inkin.
Sounds like you would also be very eager to see this fight made, sean!

It would really test Froch!

sean, do you think if Froch improved as you suggested he would become a long-reigning World Champ?

How about Inkin? What does he need to work on? How far could Inkin potentially go?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

nope i do not see either of them as long term champos if they won a title.

froch is to open on defense and one day will be ko`d and inkin will be outspeded as his handspeed is only average.

nothing inkin can do about his speed and and getting away with hands down for so long and being 30 years of age, froch is not going to change his spots.

decent fighters but not long term champs IMO.

i would love to see froch v inkin though.
sean is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
nope i do not see either of them as long term champos if they won a title.

froch is to open on defense and one day will be ko`d and inkin will be outspeded as his handspeed is only average.

nothing inkin can do about his speed and and getting away with hands down for so long and being 30 years of age, froch is not going to change his spots.

decent fighters but not long term champs IMO.

i would love to see froch v inkin though.
Thank you, sean!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 PM   #14
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

I think Froch's chances against Inkin have declined quite a bit if tonight's performance against Reid is ANYTHING to go by...

Last edited by Erebus; 09-08-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #15
llorca
Journeyman

Froch-Inkin is a tough call, esp. if as expected it's staged in Germany. People complain about Froch not fighting decent opposition, but who wants to fight him? He's dangerous, make no mistake. And Inkin is fighting who next? Some unknown light-heavyweight from Argentina?? Both need to start fighting decent opposition, so let's hope they get in on early next year.

Froch is definitely capable of stepping up his level a few notches, I don't think we've really seen what he's capable of yet because he hasn't really been tested.

I'd go for Froch KO in mid to late rounds, but expect a controversial points decision for Inkin if staged in Germany.
llorca is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum