Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #61
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Default Re: Comparing Pacquiao's and Mayweather's 2010 Pay Per View Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
I never said he was the king, jack ass....
The first post and topic of this thread was Pac is PPV King. The reasoning was his PPV sales this year compared to Floyds. You're on this thread posting, and it sure as hell isn't saying Floyd is PPV King, so I asked if you were in the group of people saying Pac was PPV King because he sold more in 2 fights than Floyd in one.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #62
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No, actually that's all you focus on. And please tell me in your wisdom how I am trying to discredit Floyd here. Discredit WHAT actually? You butt hurt Floyd fanatics hve skin as think as tissue paper.

And in case you didn't notice, which you obviously didn't. I was asked if Floyd fought twice, would he have sold more than Pac. My asnwer was obviously yes. See...that's positive asshole. Fags like you don't even read my posts...you skim them and form your own opinion as to what I really mean, then you respond based on your assumption. Probably the dumbest way to talk about something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
You came into this thread guns blazing and were the first one who brought up that PBF fans like PPV numbers. You interjected PBF, his fans and PPV numbers into this thread when it wasn't needed. Shall I go on?
Quote:
If it was mentioned in jest why in the hell did you go on and on about it?
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #63
Devildoc
Capo Di Tutti Capi
East Side Guru

vCash: 1625

Quote:
Oscar was his coming out party. With that said Oscar didn't do those numbers until he fought PBF and neither did Mosley, Hatton or JMM all of which received career high pay days as well.
Mayweather fighting ODLH is not his Coming out party to become the PPV king. You have got to be ****ing joking. He couldn't even pull off close to the same amount when he fought Mosley and Mosley is AMERICAN. It would be laughable if both Americans fighting each other can't produce serious amount of ppv numbers.

Explain as how two non americans was able to beat Mayweather's ppv when he fought Marquez? Floyd is the supposed PPV king and yet Pac who is not american, fought another Mexican like Marquez, beat Floyd's PPV amount? Remember there was a mixed feelings in the Hispanic Community whether to support Margarito or not when he fought Pacquiao. If the Hispanic Community was backing up Margarito like how they backed up Marquez against FLoyd, Pac would have produced close to the same amount of ppv when Oscar fought Floyd. Maybe even beat that record.
Devildoc is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #64
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
The first post and topic of this thread was Pac is PPV King. The reasoning was his PPV sales this year compared to Floyds. You're on this thread posting, and it sure as hell isn't saying Floyd is PPV King, so I asked if you were in the group of people saying Pac was PPV King because he sold more in 2 fights than Floyd in one.
Than aske the thread starter if Pac is the king jack ass. And WTF does that even mean, is he the king? That's like a question some kid asks, which might be why you asked it I guess.

King of what? PPV sales? No, that distinction goes to ODLH, who's sold more than anyone. King of sales for 2010? Pac sold the most, make of that what you will. King between Floyd and Pac? Right now Floyd has sold more. But he's on vacation and beating woman all the while you defend him for beating woman. Hey, is Floyd the KING of beating woman? Well, him or Roger I guess.

The king...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #65
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Of course you take what Pimp C says for gospel..that's how you little boys work. Team up with like minded idiots. Nice article!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #66
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Of course you take what Pimp C says for gospel..that's how you little boys work. Team up with like minded idiots. Nice article!
Are those two things I quoted not true? Did you not come in here bringin up Floyd's fans take on PPVS and whatnot? I'll wait.......
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #67
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by klompton View Post
Oscar held the non HW PPV record YEARS before Floyd was ever even considered an opponent.

DLH-Whittaker 720,000
DLH-Trinidad 1,400,000
DLH-Vargas 935,000
DLH-Mosley 2 950,000
DLH-Hopkins 1,000,000
DLH-Mayorga 925,000
DLH-Mayweather 2,400,000
DLH-Pac 1,250,000
DLH-Chavez 525,000
DLH-Rueles 330,000
DLH-Hernandez 220,000
DLH-Gonzalez 345,000
DLH-Camacho 560,000
DLH-Rivera 240,000
DLH-Quartey 570,000
DLH-Mosley 1 590,000
DLH-Castillejo 400,000
DLH-Campas 350,000
DLH-Sturm 380,000

Thats about as proven a PPV draw record as you can get. Those fights generated over $610 MILLION dollars in PPV revenue.

Mayweather-Hatton 850,000
May-DLH 2,400,000
Mayweather-Marquez 1,050,000
Mayweather-Mosley 1,400,000
Mayweather-Judah 375,000
Mayweather-Gatti 365,000
Mayweather-Baldomir 325,000

So yeah, prior to meeting DLH Mayweathers biggest selling PPV drew 375,000 people. Kind of pathetic compared to some of DLH's smaller PPV numbers. Prior to meeting Mayweather DLH had come near or above the 1 million mark five times. Unprecidented for a non HW and close to trippling Mayweathers prior best PPV attendance numbers on five seperate occasions. In fact you can cut DLH's PPV numbers in half and Mayweather still hasnt come close to generating what DLH did. So yeah, I think its safe to give DLH the lions share of the credit for the numbers he did against Mayweather LOL.
My questiion to you is why in the **** didn't Oscar approach 2.4 million buys with anyone else then? I'll answer it for you. PBF was his opponent he was P4P #1 boxing's bad boy and he sold the fight that's how. I'm not disputing that Oscar had nothing to do with it, we all know he was the biggest draw but to act as if it was all Oscar is bullshit because it wasn't.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #68
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
This is why Manny Pacquiao, already the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport, is the new King Of Pay-Per-View:

Pac vs Clottey--------0.700M-------$12.0M (13-16)------$35.3M (PPV only)
Pac vs Margo---------1.150M-------$20.0M (20-25)------$64.0M (PPV only)
==========================================================
TOTALS--------------1.850M-------$32.0M (33-41)------$99.3M (PPV only)

PBF vs Mosley--------1.400M-------$22.5M (22-40)------$78.3M (PPV only)

From left to right, the numbers are: PPV sales for the event; fighter's earnings from the event (guaranteed money and then range of the fighter's total fight earnings estimates, including PPV cut, in parentheses); revenue generated from the event (only looked up the PPV figures, not the gate).

What stands out are the following:

* Pacquiao did more PPV sales in 2010 than Mayweather did
* Pacquiao generated more PPV revenue in 2010 than Mayweather did
* If you fight only once a year or less, it's very hard to become, or stay, the Pay-Per-View King Of Boxing
* Mayweather may have made more money in 2010, personally, than Pacquiao did ($40 million to $33 million+ or so), but the TV executives don't care about that. They care about how much money is generated. Because the more money that is generated, the bigger their personal cut will be.

In other words, if you're HBO and you have similar deals with Pacquiao and Mayweather, and one guy brings in $99M and the other guy brings in $78M during the same year, guess who is more valuable to you?

Boxing, like any other business, is a "What have you done for me lately?" enterprise. It's not about what you did in the past, it's about what you're doing now. Shaq has more career points than Kobe does, but Kobe is the better scorer in 2010-11. That's where it stands as of today.

Maybe Mayweather turns this around in 2011, and overtakes Pacquiao as the Biggest PPV Attraction In The Sport. But that means he has to fight more often, or Pacquiao has to fight less often, etc.

Any way you cut it, then, as of 2010 -- today -- don't let anyone tell you that Floyd Mayweather is the biggest PPV Star of boxing. He isn't. This guy is:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Flomos will argue that you should be looking at PPV/fight.

What the Flomos do not understand is that if fighter in the popularity level of Floyd or Pac, a coming-out-of-semi-retirement fight will naturally help in increasing PPV numbers.

If Pac semi retires now, and comes back after a year, I am almost sure his PPV number will sky rocket due to the boxing public's anxiousness and anticipation to see him in the ring again.

Stupid ill-bred Flomos
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #69
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Manny Pacquiao's PPV numbers include ZERO PPV buys from 90 million Pactards/Filipinos from the Philippines since all major boxing fights are shown there free on regular television.

Just something to think about.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #70
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Are those two things I quoted not true? Did you not come in here bringin up Floyd's fans take on PPVS and whatnot? I'll wait.......
How about you just read my response to pimp c..since he was the one asking first.

But I will ask you this, do Floyd fans make a HUGE fuss out of Floyd's PPV buys? Oh, never mind, I'll answer since I won't get a straight one outta you....YES THEY HAVE AND DO.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #71
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
My questiion to you is why in the **** didn't Oscar approach 2.4 million buys with anyone else then? I'll answer it for you. PBF was his opponent he was P4P #1 boxing's bad boy and he sold the fight that's how. I'm not disputing that Oscar had nothing to do with it, we all know he was the biggest draw but to act as if it was all Oscar is bullshit because it wasn't.
Yeah, it was ALL Floyd responsible for the extra mill despite only selling 360K max before.

So, I guess you don't think the 24/7 helped at all right?

You're such a pretentious ****in clown.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #72
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Than aske the thread starter if Pac is the king jack ass. And WTF does that even mean, is he the king? That's like a question some kid asks, which might be why you asked it I guess.

King of what? PPV sales? No, that distinction goes to ODLH, who's sold more than anyone. King of sales for 2010? Pac sold the most, make of that what you will. King between Floyd and Pac? Right now Floyd has sold more. But he's on vacation and beating woman all the while you defend him for beating woman. Hey, is Floyd the KING of beating woman? Well, him or Roger I guess.

The king...
If the TS made the thread and first post about it he obviously thinks that... Why would I have to ask him again? You keep saying jack ass but you're making yourself look like one more and more. I asked that question because that's what the thread and post were about.. Is is that hard to comprehend?

King of PPV sales.. Do you even read dude? What the **** are you on this thread for if you don't even know what the topic is about? King between Floyd and Pac obviously. Damn guy I hope you're smarter than that and you just have no argument so you post stupid shit. So you agree Floyd has sold more, but since you don't have an anything negative to say on topic you post that he's on vacation beating women while we defend him. Because that's real relevant to the topic....
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #73
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post
Mayweather fighting ODLH is not his Coming out party to become the PPV king. You have got to be ****ing joking. He couldn't even pull off close to the same amount when he fought Mosley and Mosley is AMERICAN. It would be laughable if both Americans fighting each other can't produce serious amount of ppv numbers.

Explain as how two non americans was able to beat Mayweather's ppv when he fought Marquez? Floyd is the supposed PPV king and yet Pac who is not american, fought another Mexican like Marquez, beat Floyd's PPV amount? Remember there was a mixed feelings in the Hispanic Community whether to support Margarito or not when he fought Pacquiao. If the Hispanic Community was backing up Margarito like how they backed up Marquez against FLoyd, Pac would have produced close to the same amount of ppv when Oscar fought Floyd. Maybe even beat that record.
You're crazy. The Mexican community was 100% behind Margo and to suggest otherwise is foolsih at best. That's just it with you Pactards you don't deal in reality. PBF-Mosley did more buys than than any Pac PPV fight including Oscar-Pac. PBF-JMM did more than Pac-JMM did in two fights. When you add it up with common opponents PBF does more so spin the bullshit all you like it still bullshit.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #74
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How about you just read my response to pimp c..since he was the one asking first.

But I will ask you this, do Floyd fans make a HUGE fuss out of Floyd's PPV buys? Oh, never mind, I'll answer since I won't get a straight one outta you....YES THEY HAVE AND DO.
I won't give a straight answer? You're getting your responses mixed up with mines... Yes they do, but why come in here and only say that in your first few posts? Why nothing on the actual topic? Oh... because you just go in threads to downtalk Floyd and his fans.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #75
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah, it was ALL Floyd responsible for the extra mill despite only selling 360K max before.

So, I guess you don't think the 24/7 helped at all right?

You're such a pretentious ****in clown.
And you're an irrational ****ing hater. Like I said earlier the Oscar fight was PBF's coming out party.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum