Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Leapai And Sherrington Fights?

If there was such an award, he's walked it in IMO.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #32
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

First I want to say that Jamie Myer is top class promoter, he and his staff treated my trainer and I very well during our stay. It was good to meet you Leati and your BIG family. Liechhardt, you were very professional and it was good working with you.

According to a good amount of fans I spoke with afterwards, it was a very entertaining heavyweight fight that had good back and forth action. I personally scored the fight 5-3 in Alex's favor. A judge that gave me one round wasn't watching the fight or just simply didn't like my "shorts". Its true however, that I could get in better shape, but no less than the low 220's. I was far more comfortable at 231 than my last few fights killing myself to make 200lbs.

I have a new team that I started working with 3 weeks prior to the fight and they got me in decent shape in a very short time. A lot of the negative comments regarding Alex will be debunked after the future success I will achieve over the course of the next year. I really wish I could have a rematch with him after six weeks or so, but I understand that he needs to continue to go forward. If he can't land a big fight, I'm here. I'm sure the fans won't mind.

Alex is a big puncher and I can feel the difference between weight classes. It's unfortunate that my conditioning betrayed me, because Alex told me I had big power. I simply couldn't afford to throw more bombs. I had to tone my power down just to last in the fight. Throwing big shots really destroy your stamina.
Ding is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #33
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mate, you're a gentleman & a really refreshing personality.
What you have told us speaks volumes for your sportsmanship.

I wish you all the success you wish yourself & at least if there is a return we'll know it's fair dinkum (Not a holiday down under)

Great stuff. All the best mate.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #34
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ding, how long did you actually train for the fight?
your ko wins on fnf are all great to watch, that shows your power. Just wondering i remember a while ago you were still working and fighting are you still doing that? and how is it managing the two?
p.s. if anyone got video post it up?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #35
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Nice words Ding, and refreshing to hear a guy actually conceed he was outpointed on the night.

Great attitude mate and good luck for the future.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
kflex101
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ding, nice to see you posting on here.
I always appreciated your input on the general forum so it was great to see you were due to come down to Australia.

Though most of us understand you find it hard these days to make crusierweight, would you consider doing it one more time? We have a a fella by the name of Danny Green here who recently took on BJ Flores who for whatever reason finds it hard to get decent opponents (it's not a money issue the guy is loaded).

I know BJ fought you a while back but for whatever reason when coming to Australia he didn't really show up to fight.

If you ever decide to make Cruiser again, I think everyone would love to see you take on Green. At least we can be assured you'd give it everything and not come in for just a payday.
kflex101 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #37
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Ding... I think kflex is suggesting you should come back to Australia. Since you didn't get KO'd last time, you will get KO'd next time.

WE both know you'd never get down to 88.5 kgs.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 03:07 AM   #38
Liechhardt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought 5-3 was right as well. I had the main 9-3, sitting way up the back on floor level.

Darnell, you were great to work with, no maintenance.

Last edited by Liechhardt; 12-06-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Liechhardt is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #39
melbboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

their was news les fight should had been atleast a split the score was ridicules can anyone say different!!
melbboy is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #40
'LIONHEART'
Leati
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding View Post
First I want to say that Jamie Myer is top class promoter, he and his staff treated my trainer and I very well during our stay. It was good to meet you Leati and your BIG family. Liechhardt, you were very professional and it was good working with you.

According to a good amount of fans I spoke with afterwards, it was a very entertaining heavyweight fight that had good back and forth action. I personally scored the fight 5-3 in Alex's favor. A judge that gave me one round wasn't watching the fight or just simply didn't like my "shorts". Its true however, that I could get in better shape, but no less than the low 220's. I was far more comfortable at 231 than my last few fights killing myself to make 200lbs.

I have a new team that I started working with 3 weeks prior to the fight and they got me in decent shape in a very short time. A lot of the negative comments regarding Alex will be debunked after the future success I will achieve over the course of the next year. I really wish I could have a rematch with him after six weeks or so, but I understand that he needs to continue to go forward. If he can't land a big fight, I'm here. I'm sure the fans won't mind.

Alex is a big puncher and I can feel the difference between weight classes. It's unfortunate that my conditioning betrayed me, because Alex told me I had big power. I simply couldn't afford to throw more bombs. I had to tone my power down just to last in the fight. Throwing big shots really destroy your stamina.
it was a pleasure to talk to you champ and a promise is a promise i won't put up round 8 see you on facebook.....lol
'LIONHEART' is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #41
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbboy View Post
their was news les fight should had been atleast a split the score was ridicules can anyone say different!!
By saying it should have been a split, it's saying two judges should see it one way and the other judge should it the other.

Fairly bizaare opinion to have on a fight!

Makes no sense to me at all.
patrick is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #42
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

les won the fight but it was close, les brawled to much and did not jab enough. but he still won beating nadar at his own game
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 AM   #43
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
les won the fight but it was close, les brawled to much and did not jab enough. but he still won beating nadar at his own game
I agree with that except that I think Lez got most of the rounds as the judges cards suggested...but yes...he done a Nader on Nader....great fight!
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #44
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ding i was at your fight i think you put up a good fight really entertaining and after the last heavyweight that come out Evans you were ajoy to watch and i think it was a close fight but you deferently lost but boy there was good shots and you both have great chins!
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #45
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Les i think one to but was a hard fight Les didnt seem to have much of a jab .
JOE COOL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum