Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Arrow The Man vs The Brother

Rumor is that Choc is making inquires about fighting the WBA intrim jr middleweight champ and brother of the only Mexican Ranger in history, Rigoberto Alvarez.

Looks like the P4P #1 Intrim champ is back at it again
StiffJab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: The Man vs The Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Rumor is that Choc is making inquires about fighting the WBA intrim jr middleweight champ and brother of the only Mexican Ranger in history, Rigoberto Alvarez.

Looks like the P4P #1 Intrim champ is back at it again

Team Mundine had their eyes on the Jap Nobuhiro Ishida - with Flash pointing him out as a soft target for Choc some time back on DSS' radio show.

Before they could get their hands on Ishida though, Rigoberto Alvarez did, and took his title.

There was speculation in the article short-cutted to below that Ishida might be granted a rematch, and that Mundine was high up in the queue as far as possible Alvarez challengers go.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Almost Mr4 time.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
Almost Mr4 time.

That is Quadrupelistic
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

It means zero
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"..Alvarez is one of those mystery fighters at least he is to aficionados outside of Mexico. Hes the older brother of undefeated welterweight Saul Alvarez and he has won 22 fights in a row, 16 inside the distance. The prematurely bald 31-year-old is a southpaw, and from my brief look at him he seems to be an aggressive fighter who hits heavily..."

sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

For what it's worth ie a laugh and nothing more:

COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #8
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mundine's plan to take on Pacquiao

BRAD WALTER
05 Dec, 2010 12:00 AM

ANTHONY MUNDINE will be done fighting other Australians after Wednesday night's bout with Garth Wood at Acer Arena and has targeted a series of fights with overseas opponents he hopes will eventually enable him to take on Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather jnr.

Wood earnt the right to challenge Mundine by winning the local version of The Contender series last year.

For Mundine, it will be the three-time world champion's 20th bout against a fellow countryman in his 41-fight career.

The former NRL star has no regrets about the opportunities he has provided other Australian boxers but a decade after taking up the sport he is preparing to move the United States to pursue his goal of becoming one of the world's best pound-for-pound fighters.

Mundine's manager, Khoder Nasser, is due to return tomorrow from Los Angeles, where he is thought to have been trying to secure a bout with the WBA's interim light-middleweight champion, Rigoberto Alvarez, who won the title from Japan's Nobuhiro Ishida in Mexico in October.

Alvarez was due to have his first title defence against unbeaten American Austin Trout this weekend but the fight was cancelled. The Mexican may fight Mundine in Australia early next year, provided The Man beats Wood. If Mundine achieves his goal of becoming the first person to win world titles in three weight divisions in descending order, he said he was then likely to fight Trout in the US.

''Khoder is trying to make some moves over there as far as speaking to the right people who are top ranked to put me in the marketplace,'' Mundine said.

''We are trying to get Alvarez here, win the title here and then go over there. I would probably defend against Trout or they are talking about Ronald Hearns, who is [Thomas] 'Hitman' Hearns's son. I don't care. Once I get over there, just line them up I want to climb the ladder until I get to the best of the best.''
Other names on the list include WBA light middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, who lost a unanimous points decision to Pacquiao last month.

sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
It means zero
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #10
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
Mundine's plan to take on Pacquiao

BRAD WALTER
05 Dec, 2010 12:00 AM

ANTHONY MUNDINE will be done fighting other Australians after Wednesday night's bout with Garth Wood at Acer Arena and has targeted a series of fights with overseas opponents he hopes will eventually enable him to take on Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather jnr.

Wood earnt the right to challenge Mundine by winning the local version of The Contender series last year.

For Mundine, it will be the three-time world champion's 20th bout against a fellow countryman in his 41-fight career.

The former NRL star has no regrets about the opportunities he has provided other Australian boxers but a decade after taking up the sport he is preparing to move the United States to pursue his goal of becoming one of the world's best pound-for-pound fighters.

Mundine's manager, Khoder Nasser, is due to return tomorrow from Los Angeles, where he is thought to have been trying to secure a bout with the WBA's interim light-middleweight champion, Rigoberto Alvarez, who won the title from Japan's Nobuhiro Ishida in Mexico in October.

Alvarez was due to have his first title defence against unbeaten American Austin Trout this weekend but the fight was cancelled. The Mexican may fight Mundine in Australia early next year, provided The Man beats Wood. If Mundine achieves his goal of becoming the first person to win world titles in three weight divisions in descending order, he said he was then likely to fight Trout in the US.

''Khoder is trying to make some moves over there as far as speaking to the right people who are top ranked to put me in the marketplace,'' Mundine said.

''We are trying to get Alvarez here, win the title here and then go over there. I would probably defend against Trout or they are talking about Ronald Hearns, who is [Thomas] 'Hitman' Hearns's son. I don't care. Once I get over there, just line them up … I want to climb the ladder until I get to the best of the best.''
Other names on the list include WBA light middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito, who lost a unanimous points decision to Pacquiao last month.

Has Brad Walter become the new Danny Weidler???

I saw an article the other day he did of Mundine and quoted him as the former WBO champion, not IBO!!!

****ing journo's falling for all this interim, regular and IBO bullshit as legit!

Brad - if your ready this, your about 5+yrs too late for any 'scoop' story. Weidler broke all the 'juicy' world domination stuff and your only picking up the slops and re-hashing. What's the saying, "your being handled!"
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Has Brad Walter become the new Danny Weidler???

I saw an article the other day he did of Mundine and quoted him as the former WBO champion, not IBO!!!

****ing journo's falling for all this interim, regular and IBO bullshit as legit!
He is Danny's understudy, but there will only ever be one Weidler.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

this is total rubbish. mundine not be fighting these guy in USA Because USA cable channels that do boxing and put up big money hbo and showtime will not put a no more than $200 000 for this fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

****ing crock of shit all of it

jesus i wish he would disappear... cunt makes my brain hurt
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

this guy looks better than Ryan Waters loss no.4 coming up.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Just wondering if Papa Alvarez ever clicked to the fact that his wife was shagging the milkman
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum