Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default World Galaxy Title changes hands!

The biggest story coming out of tonight is that Anthony Mundine's World Galaxy Title is now in the hands of Garth Wood!

No disrespect to Garth Wood, but Mundine's gone one too many tomato cans - just like you correctly suggested Teke. And yes, he has finally got his just deserves, just like you said.

Geez, I wish Ash & 20a87 were here to share the moment.

....and Biajoli, this one's for you baby!!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: World Galaxy Title changes hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
The biggest story coming out of tonight is that Anthony Mundine's World Galaxy Title is now in the hands of Garth Wood!

No disrespect to Garth Wood, but Mundine's gone one too many tomato cans - just like you correctly suggested Teke. And yes, he has finally got his just deserves, just like you said.

Contendo is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

where is anus these days? What excuse could he come up with for this result?
04eta is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04eta View Post
where is anus these days? What excuse could he come up with for this result?

Wonder if old Frenchy, 20a87 is currently waving one of his white flags in honour of his fallen idol?

If you are listening 20a87, I guess those plans of world domination, unification of titles etc, will just have to wait a bit longer old buddy.

Same message to the only fool since 20a87 to make the same ridiculous predictions, Biajoli.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Im not that upto date with Mundine as i dont follow him around like a bad smell, whats this Galaxy Title crap about? does such a thing exist or is it something Mandy has fabricated for his promotional circus spin?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Im not that upto date with Mundine as i dont follow him around like a bad smell, whats this Galaxy Title crap about? does such a thing exist or is it something Mandy has fabricated for his promotional circus spin?

Mundine said fairly recently:

'For every Australian who fights me it was not just like they are fighting for a world title, it's like they are fighting for the World Galaxy Title'.

Just more of his been-hit-in-the-head-too-often dribble.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:

Its a bit harsh to say he got his just deserves because he has made alot of Aussie boxers a fair bit more money than they could have ever wished for.

This is a case of just deserves as far as his career direction over the last 5 yrs.

All he needed to do was lift his game and fight opponents at his level. Now there should be no whinging as most fighters are at his level

He should retire imo. He has been a pro athlete for longer than most pro athletes this country..

RIP Mundine, I will always remember the 15 minutes you played against Manly in 94 when the Saints got flog 61-0. You came on and tore the eagles up

Last edited by teke; 12-08-2010 at 12:17 PM.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Its a bit harsh to say he got his just deserves because he has made alot of Aussie boxers a fair bit more money than they could have ever wished for.

This is a case of just deserves as far as his career direction over the last 5 yrs.

All he needed to do was lift his game and fight opponents at his level. Now there should be no whinging as most fighters are at his level

He should retire imo. He has been a pro athlete for longer than most pro athletes this country..

RIP Mundine, I will always remember the 15 minutes you played against Manly in 94 when the Saints got flog 61-0. You came on and tore the eagles up

The 'just deserves' comment was yours from memory Teke.

Credit where it's due. Mundine did help lift Oz boxing out of the doldrums 10 years ago - in fact he was undeniably a driving force behind the resourgence.

While Mundine put a hell of a lot into Oz boxing in the first half of his career, it could be argued he took even more away from it in the second half.

The critisism on this forum and elsewhere regarding Mundine's hand-picked, 2nd rate opponents has certainly been warranted, and his demise last night has been widely embraced by both boxing fans and the general public.

The media, always carefully measured in its critisism of Mundine for fear of future repercussions, have been in celebratory mode this morning, and scathing in their critisism of his easy-road-to-nowhere career.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:

Sox is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
He tore Manly up but didn't score a point
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
....I will always remember the 15 minutes you played against Manly in 94 when the Saints got flog 61-0. You came on and tore the eagles up
I'm not a huge NRL fan being a Victorian. But I've been to plenty of Storm games, and all the Original games that have ever come our way down here.

I'll never forget Mundine's comments following Storms 1999 premiership win, and in the lead-up to the grand final replay in early 2000 (round 3?). The game where Storm won 70-10.

Rarely in the history of sport has an elite sportsman ever made a bigger public fool of themselves - it was an obvious precurser that a trash talking boxing career would follow.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

in mundogs defence, some blinkered historians will probably be point out that mundog had only eight (?) fights before he was put in a coma by ottke. they will also claim mundine was in front at the stoppage. they will contend that it was lack of boxing experience that led to his loss....

they will however, leave out the fact that mundog was taught boxing by a father that in this day and age would be a three time world champ. that munpup was a kid that learned to jab at the age of three.....

they wont tell future generations that mundog hung around gyms all his life, sparring often. they might forget that he fought amauer overseas...

we all know different. mundog was a boxer all his life.

mundog tested himself against the best he could find in kessler, ottke, and siaca...how did he go? beaten!!!! as i said. he is over the hill. he tested himself at his peak against ottke, siaka, and kessler. he came up short. he did manage respectable victories against world class fighters, danny green and antwan echols.

he has faded so badly, that he looked 'gun shy' against a limited, yet effective, garth wood. mundines chin has always been questionable.

mundines corner and brains trush should also retire, as he fought the most ridicuous strategic fight in his career....which is saying something!!

mundine may fight on.....but its over. he may squeeze some more loot from nuthuggers, but its over.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
He tore Manly up but didn't score a point
Yeah I know but he made 2 linebreaks, beat a million players only to setup a try for Chook Herron to drop the ball cold. Will always remember chook getting roasted by the crowd all match that day.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah I know but he made 2 linebreaks, beat a million players only to setup a try for Chook Herron to drop the ball cold. Will always remember chook getting roasted by the crowd all match that day.

mmmmuuggghhhh......roast chook.......uuugghhhhh
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Perfectly summed up Sally.!!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum