Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Mundine vs Woods - Nice Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Oh shit no, wait til our friend Lefty sees the video!

The old 'barely legal punch' will get another run...

....oh FFS no!
I don't know what knocked him out, the right to the body seemed like the only decent punch in that combination by Woods. I like how Woods was reminding Mundine of the Ottke fight at the weigh in Mundine is a ****ing idiot, I don't know who advised him to drop down in weight in the first place, it looks like Mundine hasn't done any strength training for years. He looks weak, he can't punch at all anymore and his chin has no support from his body. He seems to be stuck in the old school trying to emulate who knows who instead of doing what works. He is just a genuinely unintelligent person who didn't ever seem to know who he was. RIP to a wasted career. Good thing he never fought Golovkin, if Golovkin hit him I think we'd be saying RIP to Mundine for real.
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
i didn't think much of the punch.... But he looked hurt and the way he went down looked genuine, And if Anthony wanted to lose on purpose i dont think he would want to be KOed....Unless he thinks cos he was KOed he will get a lot more sales for a rematch...for those who want to see him KOed again..lol

Nah, it looks real, Mundine has looked soft in his last few fights, He had it coming. "The Man" needs to step away and show some respect to the Fight fans, Cos his been ripping us off for years.
I will never ever buy...this fella or that fella has been ripping fight fans off for years.

Mundine is there for all to see, everyone knows the product they get way before he announces his next fight. PPV means pay if you want, you are neither pressured or harassed into buying his fights
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Woods is just a younger version of Sean Sullivan. Ugly fighting style that annoys the shit out of Mundine cause he doesnt like to get rough.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I don't know what knocked him out, the right to the body seemed like the only decent punch in that combination by Woods. I like how Woods was reminding Mundine of the Ottke fight at the weigh in Mundine is a ****ing idiot, I don't know who advised him to drop down in weight in the first place, it looks like Mundine hasn't done any strength training for years. He looks weak, he can't punch at all anymore and his chin has no support from his body. He seems to be stuck in the old school trying to emulate who knows who instead of doing what works. He is just a genuinely unintelligent person who didn't ever seem to know who he was. RIP to a wasted career. Good thing he never fought Golovkin, if Golovkin hit him I think we'd be saying RIP to Mundine for real.
Couldnt have said this any better.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
Drunkenboxer
Least Eligible Bachelor

vCash: 844

Christmas time in hater town.
Drunkenboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #21
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Swollocks View Post
not good for Anthony but he's fought some big punchers. He's only been stopped by a couple of the biggest bangers around. It can happen, ask Roberto Duran (against Hearns).
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #22
DELANEY

vCash: 1000

sad the only thing that people seem to enjoy about this is seeing mundine get hurt. the blokes achieved alot for a sporting convert. and helped put boxing in australia back in the spotlight. hereing people say this proves he was never up to world class is bullshit, as if you cant see he was half the fighter he was 4-5 years ago you obviuosley havent got a clue. he hasnt stepped up for a while now as he knows hes shot. he's bodies ****ed and with most of his style his speed and reflexes are in decline at the age of 35. a fight like this was always going to happen. his last 2-3 years have shown theres zero in the tank. and get over this hes ripping the public bs it is what it is it doesnt take a rocket scientist. as a general boxing fan seeing some of the chat and behaviour was an absolute disgrace statements such as headbutt the ****** says alot about the general aussie public. the fact is hes a business man and has done well for himself, sure he might not achieved what his skills could have, but he went alot further than anyone could have thought when he debut against g zohs.he seems to live a good life nd has provided his family with a bright future without too much risk to his health, so im sure hes not to worried about ****wits like the majority of you finally getting your rocks off to him losing for the first time since kessler. have fun in the next couple of years when he fades away aswell as green and boxing goes back to zero exposure and u will see what he had done instead of whinging.
DELANEY is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #23
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

firstly id like to say.............BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SECONDLY id like to point out....woods final 'blow' of the combination that floored mundog, was woods thrusting his **** in mundogs mouth with an exagerated pelvic thrust!!!

thirdly. boxings bradman....!!!

sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #24
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN View Post
Sven Ottke
Dont even try soiling that great champions name
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

An awesome result because it makes my dream of rematches against Soon Botes and Rico Chong Nee a reality!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #26
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Mundine seemed fairly humble in defeat after the fight. But what does he mean when he says it's now back to the drawing board? FFS, he hasnt left the drawing board for years.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #27
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Wow, wasn't expecting that at all.

I guess Mundine was looking past GFTHW at the Pacquaio and Mayweather fights and got too complacent
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #28
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I will never ever buy...this fella or that fella has been ripping fight fans off for years.

Mundine is there for all to see, everyone knows the product they get way before he announces his next fight. PPV means pay if you want, you are neither pressured or harassed into buying his fights

How many thousand times did the realists here tell the gullible flock to STOP paying good money for inferior Mundine fights?

Boxing is a business and therefore market dependent. While the gullibles who hung off the Mundine dribble continued to pay, the product was NEVER going to improve.

Companies that continually sell inferior products into their respective marketplace are by nature rip-off merchants, and Khoder & team Mundine have been prime examples.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You have to have some humourous reflection here.

Khodar picked the "weakest" link in Contender. Paid 100G's to weaken the "Weakest" link.
Then loosened the ropes to a point that was almost his signature of boxing ineptitude, to get his boy over the line.
But............
FAIL !!
FAIL !!
FAIL !
!

Perhaps now, Choc can be Choc.
And Garth moved on to UFC
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #30
raxman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

i can't believe it! the moment we've all been waiting for and i dont know anyone that bothered watching!
raxman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum