Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #31
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mundine vs Woods - Nice Video!

Exactly Couldhavebeen,perhaps now we can restore some credibility into Australian Boxing,for to long these fool's have been swallowing mundines propaganda and slight of hand tactics at the expense of our great sport,this is the best thing that could ever happen the Circus is finally over.

He has been fighting stiff's now for many years and some blinkered people have been swallowing it like hungry Pelicans,they just couldn't get enough,the big danger always was that one of these stiff's would one day catch his suspect chin with one,and now it's finally happened,and instead of his career ending on good terms it's ended as a joke.!!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #32
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Radio station SEN Melbourne took particular delight in the fact that Mundine's demise was bought about by 'the winner of a reality TV show. They suggested Guy Sebastian might be a suitable next opponent for Choc.

SEN actually interviewed Garth Wood at about 7.30am, and he said he headed straight down to the newsagents this morning to read about the fight. But naturally the story missed the morning cut-off and there was nothing for him to read.

Wood said:

For 10 weeks Billy Hussien has had me bang to the body and finish with the hook, and last night it worked.'
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #33
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Wow, totally forgot the fight was even on, remembered this morn and didn't expect to see this. That said, it's been a while coming.

I couldn't give a shit either way if the man wins or loses at this stage, pretty impartial... or rather, 'apathetic' but it looks to me like the one that hurt him was pretty much on the back of the head, add to that the possible knee, the ropes etc..

The excuses will fly thick and fast. So I wouldn't sing to the heavens just yet. I very much doubt there won't be a rematch, which will make a shit tonne of cash, particularly for Wood who won't refuse and there we have another excuse for a shitty Mundine card.

It'll be exactly the same quality, if not worse, with the same main event except every cunt and his dog will eat it up this time, even most in this forum.

If he wins, there'll probably be a rubber match - then we'll be right back where we started and we'll be spoon fed another 3 or 4 years of bs boxing cards. The only consolation is you got to see him get put down again, which is pretty good I guess.
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
Aleks81

Someone knows where can I find the video fight??
Aleks81 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #35
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

More video coming soon
TCboxa is online now  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Shit fight, great result. I do feel a bit sorry for Mundine though, he really wasted his huge potential. I think he could have nearly been as good as he says he is . . . .well I guess this is karma.
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #37
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Garth Wood - All Australian hero.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #38
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
in mundogs defence, some blinkered historians will probably be point out that mundog had only eight (?) fights before he was put in a coma by ottke. they will also claim mundine was in front at the stoppage. they will contend that it was lack of boxing experience that led to his loss....

they will however, leave out the fact that mundog was taught boxing by a father that in this day and age would be a three time world champ. that munpup was a kid that learned to jab at the age of three.....

they wont tell future generations that mundog hung around gyms all his life, sparring often. they might forget that he fought amauer overseas...

we all know different. mundog was a boxer all his life.

mundog tested himself against the best he could find in kessler, ottke, and siaca...how did he go? beaten!!!!
as i said. he is over the hill. he tested himself at his peak against ottke, siaka, and kessler. he came up short. he did manage respectable victories against world class fighters, danny green and antwan echols.

he has faded so badly, that he looked 'gun shy' against a limited, yet effective, garth wood. mundines chin has always been questionable.

mundines corner and brains trush should also retire, as he fought the most ridicuous strategic fight in his career....which is saying something!!

mundine may fight on.....but its over. he may squeeze some more loot from nuthuggers, but its over.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Wonder what Jeff 'Flash' Malcolm would have to say about this result if he hadn't spat the dummy and stopped posting here?

Anthony Steven Mundine beaten by GFTHW

Classic!!!
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #40
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'm just so glad that a fellow Aussie fighter in Wood was the man to pull the plug on this fraud show that the mandy camp ran. If I was Garth I wouldn't give the prick a chance for redemption and let him feel what its like to be left out of the loop hole.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #41
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
I'm just so glad that a fellow Aussie fighter in Wood was the man to pull the plug on this fraud show that the mandy camp ran. If I was Garth I wouldn't give the prick a chance for redemption and let him feel what its like to be left out of the loop hole.
Exactly.

Mundine ran down to MW to avoid a mandatory defence against Kessler and refused to give Geale a mandated rematch too.

**** him, I hope GFTHW tells him to take a flying **** when he comes begging for a rematch.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #42
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A Big week really one Truly Aussie great fighter in Kostya get's inducted into the hall of fame,and also one Great Aussie Hall of Shamer gets what was always coming to him.
One will be remembered for his Class and the way he conducted himself and what he did for Aussie Boxing,the other will retire with very little legacy especially in the last 10 years of his sad and Manipulated suspect career.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #43
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

I wonder if there is a rematch clause in the contract?????
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #44
Rocksteady

I guess Woods is on the same level as Pac and Mayweather!! hahahahahahaha
Rocksteady is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #45
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Makes you think about the other guys Mundine has fought, guys like Geale, Hamdan, Medley, Waters, Taylor, Soliman, Danny GREEN lol etc, none of these guys could hurt or stop Mundine yet an 11 fight novice in Garth Woods was able to? this imo speaks volumes about the current state of boxing in our great country.
TCboxa is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum