Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #706
M.3
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dumbest things you've heard from people about boxing?

Mayweather is paying off the boxing commission, his friends and family, the ref, the judges, USDA, his cherry picked opponents, the MGM Grand, and all the threats to his 0, to stay undefeated while still being a multimillionaire...

"Floyd rather go to jail than to fight Pac"
M.3 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #707
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttkeRuiz View Post
i think that people who shoot down creative new ideas for boxing like the Super 6 Tournament, NBC coverage, proposed rehearsal fights & free penalty punches for fouls in total are the dumbest thing I've seen rellated to boxing - it's a constantly evolving sport but some people think it shouldn't be changed as if theere weren't a series of continuous changes to get us to this supposedly "perfect' point
I miss this man.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #708
Meffus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 525

Pretty much any conversation I've had with anyone who is a little under the "Casual fan" level who has never boxed, trained or doesn't follow the sport at all other than they know who Floyd Mayweather is. Boxing is a strange sport it's like guys I talk to about it who know absolutely nothing of the sport feel like they have to act like experts and have in depth debates with me. I find that odd as I would never do that to someone who clearly loved, lets say, Football (Soccer), I know hardly anything about it but I know who Messi. An example of dumb thing said recently would be, "Of course Mayweather is better than Pacquiao, they already fought, Mayweather won." And "Of course not losing makes you the best boxer ever and no I don't know who Sven Ottke is."
Meffus is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #709
Smokin Bert
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Suffice to say that the top 1000 dumbest things I have ever heard about boxing have come from members of the "General Boxing Forum" on Boxing News 24. Having come over from a very good boxing forum (The Cyber Boxing Zone) that is no longer in existence, I am constantly disappointed in both the immaturity, and basic lack of boxing knowledge of the posters here. Some of the least knowledgeable posters at CBZ would probably be among the top 1% most knowledgeable on this site. And the trolling here is truly out of control. Very frustrating for a lifelong boxing fan looking to discuss, critique,learn about and make predictions on boxing.
Smokin Bert is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #710
The Mighty One
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The absolute dumbest things come from posters on boxing forums.
The Mighty One is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #711
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

How can you rank a whole bunch of shrimps from centuries past as top 10 H2H Middleweights but not include Gennady Golovkin?!?!

-one of the trolls on the "top 10 H2H MW" thread from yesterday or a couple days back...
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum